TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pappajacks

Approaching the 10th anniversary of the...

I haven't been following WWE programming in a while, but is anything planned or rumored to happen? The screwjob is arguably the turning point that changed the WWE/WCW war forever.

I was surprised to hear that SS wouldn't be in Montreal either. Great occasion to have HBK, Hebner and McMahon come out and give the promo of a lifetime.

We don't need to rehash this shit. In WWE or here. McMahon will probably get cute and screw HHH sometime in the next couple of months, if not another direct parody. Also, Hart Foundation 2.0 are arriving soon, many will speculate the obvious.

Guest NYankees

Stop living in the MOTHERFUCKING PAST. This shit has been rehashed year after fucking year. LET IT GOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Smues
Plus as everyone knows, the WWE has rehashed it into the ground all over the last 10 years, especially one year after, and just about every year since.

Don't forget Russo beating it to death in WCW as well.

The one thing I'll add to this dead horse is that I agree with Bret Hart from one of his shoot interviews. When the screwjob went down, even though everyone knew it was fake, it turned the business from people worrying more about what went down on screen, to respecting performances no matter how little the crowd reaction and worrying about gaga backstage. Now that's not the direct quote of how he said it, but it's the basic gist of the situation.

When the screwjob went down, even though everyone knew it was fake

When you say "it was fake," are you referring to wrestling or the screwjob? B/c whether or not Montreal was a work in and of itself is a whole other discussion (and we should have it if it hasn't been done before on here).

I was referring to wrestling, I should have been more clear. I do find it funny that so many wrestlers think the screwjob was a work though.

I haven't been following WWE programming in a while, but is anything planned or rumored to happen? The screwjob is arguably the turning point that changed the WWE/WCW war forever.

I was surprised to hear that SS wouldn't be in Montreal either. Great occasion to have HBK, Hebner and McMahon come out and give the promo of a lifetime.

1. Hebnar works for TNA now.

2. Odds are HBK won't be back by Survivor Series.

3. McMahon is the only one to continue to beat the dead horse about it but since the 3 other guys who were involved are either not on tv or not working with the WWE, it most likely won't be mentioned.

Stop living in the MOTHERFUCKING PAST. This shit has been rehashed year after fucking year. LET IT GOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed.

A lot of the current WWE fans probably don't even remember Bret Hart in the WWF, anyway.

Agreed.

A lot of the current WWE fans probably don't even remember Bret Hart in the WWF, anyway.

A lot of the current WWE fans probably don't even know who Bret Hart is.

Yeah, that is probably true. We need to stop pretending that this is the late '90s and we're still in the middle of the Monday Night Wars...though WWE should be doing the same thing, too.

Agreed.

So, and this is a genuine question, do you really think that if WWE picked a random event anywhere in the country, and played Bret's WWF music, that a good 95% of fans couldn't name the wrestler?

Agreed.

So, and this is a genuine question, do you really think that if WWE picked a random event anywhere in the country, and played Bret's WWF music, that a good 95% of fans couldn't name the wrestler?

I don't know if the number would be that high, but I'm almost positive that most would know.

Agreed.

I think that most wrestling fans nowadays starting watching in the late 90s anyways..you know when it was cool to watch guys like stone cold & rock

I kinda feel sorry for these people cause as kid in the early-mid 90s I thought wrestling was the great and was oblivious to how horrible it really was back then

That's why I never got why people said Bret was never a draw....Wrestling was getting old and had to deal with Vince almost going to Prison

John Cena may be a draw now...But he wouldnt have done any better in that era...And Im pretty sure Bret had a bigger fanbase back then then Cena does now

as far was Wrestling fans go.....I remember they use to show the videos of those overseas tours to Germany and South Africa and Bret was just mobbed everywhere

I was referring to wrestling, I should have been more clear. I do find it funny that so many wrestlers think the screwjob was a work though.

I've always been intrigued by Meltzer saying that he has the true inside story of Montreal but can't reveal it until a certain unnamed person passes away.

Yeah, personally I don't think we'll ever hear that one.

Meltzer will probably die first.

If he's telling the truth though, it'll either affect his business a lot if he reveals it today, or he's incredibly loyal to somebody.

In Canada I don't think Bret Hart or the Hart family will ever be forgotten. I can see his legacy get forgotten in the states, but that shouldn't really surprise anyone. As for the Survivor Series incident, I think its a big moment in Wrestling history, but its water under the bridge as far as I'm concerned.

I've always been intrigued by Meltzer saying that he has the true inside story of Montreal but can't reveal it until a certain unnamed person passes away.

Just throwing something out there... Pat Patterson maybe? I know the story that's been told is that he was intentionally kept in the dark due to his loyalty to Bret, but maybe he played a part we don't know about.

Just throwing something out there... Pat Patterson maybe? I know the story that's been told is that he was intentionally kept in the dark due to his loyalty to Bret, but maybe he played a part we don't know about.

I have no idea. I don't even really know much of what happened besides Bret getting screwed by Vince because Vince was paranoid that Bret would show up on Nitro with the WWF Title.

Vince was paranoid that Bret would show up on Nitro with the WWF Title.

That is and always has been a blatant lie. Real simple answer to that: don't let Bret take the belt home with him. Let the company carry it from town to town. Hey presto, him throwing it in the trash on WCW is no longer possible. Vince is way too smart not to have thought of that.

Guest Lance Blade

That is and always has been a blatant lie. Real simple answer to that: don't let Bret take the belt home with him. Let the company carry it from town to town. Hey presto, him throwing it in the trash on WCW is no longer possible. Vince is way too smart not to have thought of that.

They still could have always gotten a replica and no one would have known the difference.

I think Vince was more worried that Bischoff was simply going to announce that the reigning WWF Champion had signed with WCW. It wasn't so much about the belt itself (Although Vince probably had the Alundra Blaze debacle in his head), but the thought that Bischoff was going to rub in the fact he signed away the WWF's champion. As a result, the belt had taken off of Bret.

Because Vince couldn't go on TV and strip him of the belt?

Hart even said he'd be willing to relinquish the belt the night after Survivor Series. Still, Nitro had an hour advantage on Raw at the time so Bischoff could still rub it in McMahon's face. It all boiled down to the fact Bret didn't want to lose the belt in his home country to Shawn Michaels. He would have agreed to lose it to the Brooklyn Brawler before Shawn.