TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ant

TNA Talent May Leave

Guest Ant
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that Terry Taylor sent several unhappy TNA wrestlers letters informing them that they may leave the promotion if they wish.

Cannot believe people like Sabin and Shelley are just being allowed to leave. TNAs own downfall is themselves.

Heres hoping for Sabin and Shelley in WWE or ROH

Good for them. If the morale is low, the show will likely be bad. I applaud TNA for letting wrestlers get an opprotunity elsewhere. And I don't think any names have been released about who the letters were sent to.

1. Rabbits eat carrots.

2. Butterscotch eats carrots.

You would infer that to mean that Butterscotch is a rabbit, huh?

Guest Ant
1. Rabbits eat carrots.

And for those of us whose first language is english?

1. Rabbits eat carrots.

And for those of us whose first language is english?

.........seriously? Seriously? :bonk:

Sabin & Shelley are unhappy, letters were sent to SOME unhappy people, therefore Sabin & Shelley were not necessarily handed their walking papers so don't be a douche and start the "*wrestler* to *company*!" moronic bullshit.

Not sure which version of English you speak, but it is a logic puzzle that I saw from elementary school all the way through college. In the above scenario, you could not assume that Butterscotch was a rabbit just because he eats carrots. A common logic puzzle would be:

1. All rabbits eat carrots.

2. Troubles is a rabbit.

3. _________________

The answer would be "John eats carrots."

Basically, I'm telling you to stop assuming things as fact if it hasn't been reported. That is how rumors get started on the internet and you won't get off to a good start here by doing that. English enough for ya?

Its funny, in my psychology class, my professor was talking about this exact thing...

Hows this... Show Proof That Alexendar Shelly and Christopher Sabin are unhappy

Its funny, in my psychology class, my professor was talking about this exact thing...

200px-chris-sabin.jpg

AlexShelley.jpg

It was easier than I was expecting.

LMAO

Per the most recent WO, there's currently a tug of war going on between Angle and Jarrett over Dixie Carter's "affections" and how the company is to be run. Angle wants a piece of the pie, and wants clean finishes and the young talent to be pushed. Jarrett wants to keep with the old school approach and name talent. It was said he was the one behind Rikishi coming in and pushing Team 3D as hard as they get pushed. Russo is oddly enough siding with Angle in all this, while Jarrett has Mantel, Abyss and BG James as his allies.

I would expect that from Jarrett, but the pushing younger talent coming from Angle sounds wild. He's always been in big matches with clean finishes, and I applaud him for wanting more of that. I can't tell you how mcuch happier I'd be if EVERY match went to a clean finish. I mean, how many UFC matches or Boxing matches or Football games, etc. go to a NC? They wouldn't have much of a following. Yes, wrestling is scripted, bu the non-finishes have been out of hand for years.

A guy can lose and not therefore be buried in the process. He may be on a losing streak and have to pull it together. The fans will get behind that. The hell CAN WIN CLEAN. It will give him more heat.

This rant should stop now.....

You all know how this could go with more decisive booking. I REALLY hope TNA can make this happen and start doing something to be ALTERNATIVE to the WWE.

I can understand Russo being for new talent, as his strong point would have to be getting people on screen with some sort of character. But for him to be wanting clean finishses is really suprising.

I can't tell you how mcuch happier I'd be if EVERY match went to a clean finish. I mean, how many UFC matches or Boxing matches or Football games, etc. go to a NC? They wouldn't have much of a following. Yes, wrestling is scripted, bu the non-finishes have been out of hand for years.

A guy can lose and not therefore be buried in the process. He may be on a losing streak and have to pull it together. The fans will get behind that. The hell CAN WIN CLEAN. It will give him more heat.

That's my biggest problem with TNA. It's really skippable since there is never a clear ending/winner.

IIRC, when Angle lost the X-Divison title to Lethal he was told Lethal would win cheaply, but Angle threw a fit and wanted to put him over cleanly. He was also upset when Lethal was sent out there later on to be beat up by Joe.

Angle has said in interviews when he first came over that he wanted to help build up the company to something respectable, maybe he realizes that the way to do that is to put the young guys over. It would seem that he has Sting in his corner as Sting is for putting young guys over as well.

I would say thois can be really interesting, and I am curious to see where this all goes. If this is true, maybe the reports were right and Russo had little to do with the shit that happens and it's all Mantel.

It's from the really badass horror film Hatchet starring Kane Hodder as Victor Crowly, the killer and featuring Robert Englund and Tony Todd.

Angle might be all for putting over young talent, but guess who hasn't been out of the World Title picture since he arrived? And guess who he just lost the belt to? Yup, the oldest wrestler active with the company.

He jobbed clean to Jay Lethal, and that's way more than most of the other old stars have been doing recently. (Team 3D, looking at you!) And hell, Angle really shouldn't be putting over rookies anyway. Even though he's broken down and completely insane, he's still by far the single biggest star TNA has right now. He's got more name recognition and is more over with the casual fans than damn near everyone else on the roster combined, so they should be keeping him in the main event. Putting all the belts on him at once was dumb, but oh well, Russo...

He jobbed clean to Jay Lethal, and that's way more than most of the other old stars have been doing recently. (Team 3D, looking at you!) And hell, Angle really shouldn't be putting over rookies anyway. Even though he's broken down and completely insane, he's still by far the single biggest star TNA has right now. He's got more name recognition and is more over with the casual fans than damn near everyone else on the roster combined, so they should be keeping him in the main event. Putting all the belts on him at once was dumb, but oh well, Russo...

Sting says hello.

Sting says hello.

To the older fans.

Kurt says hello to all fans.

Kurt has main evented on episodes of Raw which had higher ratings than anything Sting has ever done. Ditto buyrates for PPVs. Plus in terms of name recognition, Olympic gold medalist > guy who the general public might confuse with the former lead singer of The Police. Of course, since TNA's ratings and buyrates are eternally a small fraction of WWE's and they never turn a profit, it really doesn't matter who's on top, it's gonna fail anyway.

Kurt has main evented on episodes of Raw which had higher ratings than anything Sting has ever done. Ditto buyrates for PPVs. Plus in terms of name recognition, Olympic gold medalist > guy who the general public might confuse with the former lead singer of The Police. Of course, since TNA's ratings and buyrates are eternally a small fraction of WWE's and they never turn a profit, it really doesn't matter who's on top, it's gonna fail anyway.

I'd be interested in seeing numbers to support that statement, given WCW's success in the late 90's.

No doubt there's more name recognition with Angle, but I'd be more likely to say that in their most successful days (when their promotions were booming, etc.), the numbers are relatively even.

Kurt Angle was never the central figure in any period of WWF/E. Sting however? He was the central figure of a year long angle in which led to that Sting/Hogan match at Starrcade that if I recall correctly, did great business (terrible finish aside).

Kurt Angle was never the central figure in any period of WWF/E. Sting however? He was the central figure of a year long angle in which led to that Sting/Hogan match at Starrcade that if I recall correctly, did great business (terrible finish aside).

Apparently you don't remember Anglemania.

Apparently you don't remember Anglemania.

What's that in reference to?