TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Full Raw spoilers from the UK

by Adam Clark and Ian Hamilton

Courtesy Adam Clarke/ringsidelive.info (live in the arena, forwarded by myself)

Raw

Looks like they're having Carlito's Cabana on the show... they're doing some stuff about "best signs", but of course a lot of them got confiscated at the door, so the crowd is booing like mad.

Raw opens with a backstage promo with Randy Orton complaning to William Regal about Cyber Sunday. We have the opening pyro then Regal appears on the stage, and it looks like Orton's facing all three Cyber Sunday opponents NOW in singles matches. Jeff v Orton is up first...

Hardy/Orton goes through a commercial break. Jeff dominates early, and Orton dropkicks Jeff from apron to floor to take us into the break (most likely). LOTS OF HEADLOCKS. Hardy makes a comeback with a neckbreaker and a Whisper in the Wind, only for Ken Kennedy to interfere and push Hardy off the top rope. RKO and Orton wins.

Santino comes out with Maria; insults Birmingham, England and the Condemned. That leads to Santino vs Val Venis; squash match with Santino winning by using the ropes.

Santino comes out with Maria; insults Birmingham, England and the Condemned. That leads to Santino vs Val Venis; squash match with Santino winning by using the ropes.

Now there's a Diva Search promo... and we return with Coachman and Carlito backstage. More Hornswoggle stuff here, with Coachman chasing Hornswoggle... Vince is backstage with Regal, and Vince insults the Queen and so on. Next match is Ken Kennedy vs Orton.

Ken Kennedy is a massive babyface in Birmingham and gets a reaction to suit that. Orton v Kennedy is "quite boring" (surprise!), and the crowd aren't into it at all. Kennedy hits his wacky Green Bay Plunge (don't know whether it was on the mat or off the top rope), but Jeff Hardy attacks Kennedy for the DQ, hitting a swanton. Shawn Michaels appears on screen and gets the loudest pop of the night.

They played the Timbaland music video with all the Divas in... Andy Simmonz (British guy) is in the ring, and Vince comes out to a huge pop. They announce HHH vs Umaga for Cyber Sunday, with the first choice being a street fight, . Out comes Umaga, who destroys Simmonz in a street fight.

They announce choice #2: a first blood match. Umaga gives Simmonz a few Samoan spikes, and Umaga wins the first blood match between the pair. The final choice is a cage match: we now have Umaga v Simmonz in a cage.

Vince spent the series of matches calling Simmonz "HHH" (only the noses are similar). Simmonz took a lot of sick bumps to the head in the cage match - it'd be surprising if he didn't have some sort of concussion after this. Umaga won, obviously.

Maria out for the kiss-cam as they change the canvas (I think there must have been lot of blood from Simmonz)...

There's a skit with Coachman chasing Hornswoggle on bikes. Enter Ron Simmons, you know the rest.

Jillian Hall insults Lilian Garcia and sings the Spice Girls' "Wannabe". They plug Lilian's CD, and Jillian v Candice is next. Candice wins with the Unprettier in three moves.

Backstage now with Cody Rhodes. Hardcore Holly walks up to him, and Cody says he just wants respect. Holly slaps Cody, and that match is on next.

Out come Highlanders to insult England... Cande and Murdoch come out for commentary as we have Brian Kendrick vs Rory McAllister. Rory wins with a slingshot suplex - dead crowd for a poor match.

No Mercy recap now, followed by Rhodes v Holly (they must have aired the "UP NEXT" pre-tape a little early).

But first, another series of distractions. Shawn Michaels promo saying he'll kick Randy Orton's teeth down his throat as he encourages people to vote for him at the PPV.

Another Hornswoggle promo, this time in the diva's locker room, followed by "a long save_us.222 promo". Hornswoggle reaches the ring, chased by Coachman who has a box of TNT, which doesn't work. Hornswoggle goes under the ring, followed by Coachman. Hornswoggle "blows" the TNT... it was as bad as it sounded.

Regal annnounces (off camera) that the post show dark match is going to be HHH vs Umaga in a street fight...

Hardcore Holly beats Cody Rhodes with the Alabama Slam. Crowd was largely dead for that.

Regal annnounces (off camera) that the post show dark match is going to be HHH vs Umaga in a street fight...

Hardcore Holly beats Cody Rhodes with the Alabama Slam. Crowd was largely dead for that.

Main event is up next: HBK vs Orton. Shawn doesn't look comfortable at all with his knees. Shawn wins in DQ after 5 mins - he hits an elbow off the top, but Kennedy runs in for the interference. Jeff Hardy comes out, and Raw ends with Shawn hitting sweet chin music.

So if he beats all 3 of them, what's my incentive for purchasing this PPV?

Honestly? There probably isn't one, unless something happens with Jericho to re-spike your interest.

I wouldn't get it anyway...not even Jericho could sway my decision. I'd love to see Jericho back, but it'll take a hell of a lot more than him to get my money. Last PPVs i threw money down on were WM21 and Summerslam 05. Hell WM21 was the first PPV I purchased since Summerslam2000.

Would a 4 corners match be so bad to do instead of wasting every singles match the PPV would have?

Michaels match probably wont happen anyways.

I wouldn't get it anyway...not even Jericho could sway my decision. I'd love to see Jericho back, but it'll take a hell of a lot more than him to get my money. Last PPVs i threw money down on were WM21 and Summerslam 05. Hell WM21 was the first PPV I purchased since Summerslam2000.

Last PPV I bought prior to WM21 was probably something in '02. I don't even remember, it's been that long.

This reminds me when Jarrett worked three matches in one night before Souled Out in 2000. We all remember what happened there. I guess they figure saving HIAC for a Shawn/Orton or 'Taker/Batista blowoff down the road possibly at SS or Armageddon would be better served then using it at CS.

Man, having Orton wrestle 3 times on a show is the exact recipe to make me not want to watch. I'd rather see even Big Daddy V wrestle 3 times, at least his matches would likely be squashes with no resting.

I wonder what it will take for them to pull the plug on Orton as champ? Ratings below 2.0? Cause him wrestling 3 times on Raw will put them on that path, especially when there's MNF and baseball playoff games on.

Also, with spoilers being widely available on the 'net now - How many people are going to tune in knowing Orton wrestled three times on the show?

I'm not going to watch Raw tonight, & I NEVER miss the damn show.

Man, having Orton wrestle 3 times on a show is the exact recipe to make me not want to watch.

Looks like it's going to be PlaystationXbox360 time for me tonight.

Fixed for me.

I don't think it's Shawn's ego that made him come back too early. I think it's simply being addicted to the crowd reactions. It's a hell of a drug.

I consider that a part of Shawn's ego, the need to be in the spotlight. If they asked Shawn to come back for a mid-card deal with Kennedy, do you think he would have jumped ahead so soon? Probably not.

I don't think Shawn was pressured into coming back early. He was probably promised a title run until they know how soon Cena will be ready. Then he can drop the title to Orton setting up Cena/Orton. That would explain why Triple H is still stuck with Umaga after squashing him on the PPV. If Shawn didn't think it was worth it, we would be seeing HHH/Orton at the ppv.

WWE isn't going to rush Cena back either. They're getting Lashley back around December and if Raw needs a top face, they'll push him for the Mania main event. Edge is also a wild card because at the moment, Smackdown is doing pretty good without him. I could see Edge/Taker build up for Mania if he stays or if he moves to Raw, they could finish the Rated RKO/DX storyline.

Now Regal doesn't wrestle anymore there's simply NO point watching a WWE show in England. At least when Regal came out the crowd cheered him above and beyond anyone else, no matter how he was being portrayed the rest of the time.