TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

The College Football Thread 10/18-10/21

How on earth is Michigan State/Ohio State supposed to be the primary game of national interest? Are they just figuring that there have been so many upsets this year that they'll take their chances and hope MSU's competitive? I'd much rather watch UCLA/Cal or Texas Tech/Missouri.

I can't believe this crap. U of L was up 17-7 in the 4th and somehow manages to fuck up and blow it against UConn 21-17. It's mindnumbing because having seen UConn tonight they were total crap. I would harp on the bogus fair catch TD that UConn got but U of L got a bizarre break in the punt game as well.

This season is such a joke. If Kragthorpe isn't going to be 1 and done then every assistant needs to be canned after this fiasco of a year.

Hmm, your normal FSN Big XII "Why the fuck are they showing this game?" is pretty interesting as Iowa State is shutting out Oklahoma through one half of play but they are only up 7-0 as they've missed a field goal and turned the ball over on downs deep in Sooner territory late in the half.

Hmm, your normal FSN Big XII "Why the fuck are they showing this game?" is pretty interesting as Iowa State is shutting out Oklahoma through one half of play but they are only up 7-0 as they've missed a field goal and turned the ball over on downs deep in Sooner territory late in the half.

I felt an urge to sneak over to the Pit, and wasn't disappointed.

In other "upset watch" news, South Carolina is down 17-6 to Vanderbilt at the half.

Vanderbilt beats SC which should eliminate them from the BCS title picture, Cincinnati loses to Pitt so they are done, and Oklahoma wins a crappy 17-7 game against Iowa State that could cause them drop a bit in the polls. Interesting start to the day and most of the big games have only just begun.

Vanderbilt beats SC which should eliminate them from the BCS title picture, Cincinnati loses to Pitt so they are done, and Oklahoma wins a crappy 17-7 game against Iowa State that could cause them drop a bit in the polls. Interesting start to the day and most of the big games have only just begun.

Yep, down to 16 teams that have a shot now, and that will be 14 once the Florida/Kentucky and Missouri/Texas Tech games are done. Although I think I may have miscalculated with Auburn a little bit. With how early in the year their losses were, I think they should probably at least be in the longshots group if they beat LSU.

Nah, Auburn has zero shot. Nobody can make a reasonable argument for them over USF for instance considering they lost at home to them. And then followed that with a horrid loss to Miss St. that virtually wrecked their credibility. I doubt LSU would lose to them at home anyway.

Notre Dame is the worst football team I've ever seen. But they're helping to fix our offensive problems and build our confidence.

PICK SIX BY UCLA, CAL WILL LOSE AGAIN!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BCS Title hopes last week? Gone. Rose Bowl hopes this week? Gone.

Nah, Auburn has zero shot. Nobody can make a reasonable argument for them over USF for instance considering they lost at home to them. And then followed that with a horrid loss to Miss St. that virtually wrecked their credibility. I doubt LSU would lose to them at home anyway.

What if the argument's that USF's 9-3? I mean obviously if they win out from here, they'd get in over Auburn, but even with two losses, I'm not so sure. If Auburn goes from losing those two games to beating Florida, LSU, Georgia, and Alabama, and then beats a good team in the SEC Title game, I wouldn't say they're out of the race. Let's say Ohio State wins out, but USF, WVU, Oklahoma, and Missouri all lose again, BC loses to VT twice, and nobody gets out of the Pac-Ten with more than two losses. Can you really say for sure that say a two-loss Pac-Ten team that finished 2nd in their conference to UCLA would get in over an Auburn team riding a 10-game winning streak? Would an undefeated Hawaii or a one-loss Kansas make it over them? Don't get me wrong, there's a reason they'd be in the longshot category, and this will probably be a moot point after the LSU game tonight, but I don't think it's impossible for them to get in.

Cal's probably eliminated though. They were already a ways down in the polls and this loss will likely push them out of the Top 20 which is probably too far to come back from. I'll have to see where the voters put them to be sure, but even with Arizona State and USC on the schedule, it's going to be pretty hard to come back now.

Notre Dame is the worst football team I've ever seen. But they're helping to fix our offensive problems and build our confidence.

King, what is your thoughts on Mark Sanchez's play? It irritated me when the commentators were going on about how Booty shouldn't lose his job because he's "played extremely well". Yeah it was against Notre Dame but USC never looked as good offensively with Booty as they did today. And theoretically you have that Idaho game earlier in the year to compare performance against "shitty teams".

I love how even in years when Stanford's pretty terrible, Team Tedford gives Bored maniacal glee.

And Stanford beats Arizona tonight, Emerald Bowl hopes still alive!!! Poor Mike Stoops. He' soooo gonna have to beg his brother for a job after this season. Safe to call his run a complete failure.

Oregon has about two million rushing yards against Washington tonight, or at least it seems like it.

It is amazing to think that if LSU doesn't comeback against Auburn that with still a week of games left in October there would not be a single team in the SEC without at least two losses.

Oregon has about two million rushing yards against Washington tonight, or at least it seems like it.

Just checked and it was ONLY 465! Jontathan Stewart had 251, Andre Crenshaw 113, and Dennis Dixon had 99. They were 1 yard away from 3 100 yard rushers.

They had more rushing yards than Washington had offense.

You ain't the only one. Mikell Simpson outgained the entire Maryland offense by himself. And I hope that Maryland fan that I walked past at Wal-Mart this afternoon is eating some crow right now.

When I said I wanted Mark Mangina to have a decent record so we could keep him around for all the unintentional comedy he provides, I didn't mean I wanted him to try and run the table dammit

Not to mention that since they're winning and all, there hasn't been much comedy to be had other than just watching him earthquake up and down the sidelines

King, what is your thoughts on Mark Sanchez's play? It irritated me when the commentators were going on about how Booty shouldn't lose his job because he's "played extremely well". Yeah it was against Notre Dame but USC never looked as good offensively with Booty as they did today. And theoretically you have that Idaho game earlier in the year to compare performance against "shitty teams".

Booty can go to hell. Start Sanchez until he starts playing like crap, if he starts playing like crap, and if he does, put Booty in.

Sanchez played better than Booty has in the last two seasons. Everything about Sanchez is better. Arm, reads, quickness, ability to avoid the sack, everything.