TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Smues

Let's start talking Worst Song of 2007

Guest Smues

I don't think I've bought or listened to an album that was released this year, but I've heard plenty of shitty songs on the radio.

I'll start by mentioning an easy one, Crank that soulja boy. Dear god is that an awful song. Like many songs I had NO clue what the fuck they were saying when I'd listen to it, but unlike other songs I'm still as confused after reading the lyrics online. At least now I now it's 'soul ja' boy and not 'soldier' boy but that's about it.

If crank that hadn't come out my no brainer worst song of the year would have been Beautiful Girls or whatever it's called by Shawn Kingston. At least crank that soulja boy didn't get stuck in my head. Beautiful Girls lodged itself into my skull and just wouldn't leave. SUICIDAL, SUICIDAL! And apparantly there's a censored version where they don't say suicidal? christ like the song wasn't lame enough.

I want to say Party Like a Rock Star, but really it wasn't THAT bad. It was bad, but not at crank that levels.

Oh and that umbrella song too. ella ella a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a a

Guest Smues
I can't decide which Nickelback song to select. As for Umbrella, I've heard tons of people cover that song and destroy Rihanna's version.

I think "Any 2007 Nickelback song" is a valid choice.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

I didn't think Umbrella was that bad. If you start it about 50 seconds in and skip all that "good girl gone bad, y'all, hova told y'all, unh, hova, rocafella, king is back, jay-z, hova" shit, it's really a good R&B song, if you ask me.

There's one point in the video, though, where it gets really really weird.

Agreeing with Smues:

Cyclone - TPain f. Baby Bash

Every single thing that I hate in rap is in this song. That high pitched keyboard thing, voice distorters, the part where they literally go "neer er neer er neer er neer". Everything about this song sucks.

Crank That Soulja Boy - Those guys

None of the people in the song seem like they are interested in making music.

Party Like A Rockstar- Those other guys

It's 2 samples over and over again. T-t-t-totally dude.

Umbrella - Rihanna

UM

BRELLA

ELLA

ELLA

ELLA

ELLA

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Soulja Boy makes me angry. Horrible thing, whatever it is. It doesn't have lyrics, it just has 20 facebook status lines for stupid girls, yelled consecutively. How is "superman" a verb? I hate this.

These are the three explanations I got over the last month (the song is very popular at my school with the sports guys, for some reason.) :

1. Tying a bitch to a bed (hands, I assume) and fucking the hell out of her

2. Putting the bitch on the bottom and lifting your arms and legs up...?

3. Doggy style fucking, cum, then stick a piece of paper on her back --> cape.

I like Nickleback so I'm not picking them.

The answer is Gimme More and Beautiful girls. I want to punch that Kingston dude right back to whatever country he came from. God he's fucking annoying and the video makes me angry.

Far and fucking away, "Bleed It Out" by Linkin Park. "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne is a close second. When did she change gimmicks anyway? She was a pop/punker, now she's singing these little bubblegum pop songs.

Far and fucking away, "Bleed It Out" by Linkin Park. "Girlfriend" by Avril Lavigne is a close second. When did she change gimmicks anyway? She was a pop/punker, now she's singing these little bubblegum pop songs.

I'm not sure what the hell she did to be honest. She went from some-what tolerable pop-rocky stuff to out right bubblegum pop. She looked like she was making an attempt (i'll be it, it was a half assed one) of being a singer/song-writer. Now she looks like she's making bubble gum pop that a 12 year old would be ashamed to make.

We talked about this once with Bob Barron, our resident Avril fan (and possible pedophile) and I BELIEVE he said she did that song purely for shits and giggles and tossed it on an album that pretty much features her "regular" type of music.

Also, I'd like to nominate two more songs:

"Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie...I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket? FUCK OFF BITCH!

"The Great Escape" by Gwen Sefani featuring Akon...yeah you know the one WOOHOO YAAHOO!

Guest Gym Class Fallout
Fuck all y'all, Soulja Boy is awesome.

I can't tell if this is hipster irony or genuine.

NOW YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!

I have zero problem with Soulja Boy. And I haven't figured out a worst song of the year yet, but I'm amused by the fact that Feist charted higher than "I Get Money."

Guest Smues
"Big Girls Don't Cry" by Fergie...I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket? FUCK OFF BITCH!

"The Great Escape" by Gwen Sefani featuring Akon...yeah you know the one WOOHOO YAAHOO!

I didn't mean for you to get huuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttttttttt. Yeah that song sucks ass, but I don't know if it's quite worst of the year.

And how the hell did I forget Big Girls Don't Cry? That song stuck in my head almost as bad as Beautiful Girls and Um-ber-ella. CLARITY!

Guest Smues
hey fellas, don't forget the instant classic "A Bay Bay"

So it's "A Bay Bay" and not "Hey Ba-by?" That song sucks more than I thought.

"Ayo Techonology" is just horrible. It's overproduced, with way too much sound effects and modulation. Topping it off, it does an awful job aping "Search and Destroy".

hey fellas, don't forget the instant classic "A Bay Bay"

So it's "A Bay Bay" and not "Hey Ba-by?" That song sucks more than I thought.

I thought it was "Ay Bay Bay". :huh: