TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pegasus Kid

Street Fighter IV announced...

Even with this crazy stuff coming out, I still want this.

Kids these days don't care about fighting games. I know that this year there is a surge of fighters, and that warms the cockles of my heart... but I also think that this is the fighting game's last chance for relevancy in the modern era of games.

I got to play this yesterday at Street Fight Club in the shithole area of LA. Talk about underground.

Wow. Animation is fantastic, and it does in fact play like a Street Fighter game like you'd expect. I played as Honda and Vega.

Honda's buttslam has higher range.

Vega's EX Wall Dive hits on the way up.

Other things I noticed:

Abel was super popular. Viper was pretty good too. People started playing as Rufus near the end of the event.

Overall, I can't fucking wait.

IGN hasn't had credibility vis-a-vis fighting games since around 2004 or so. They did a review of Tekken 4, and one of the editors went to Tekken Zaibatsu and ran his mouth... and got smacked down hard.

I mean, read their Soul Calibur 4 reivew: "Yoda is broken." First of all, you can't declare any character "broken" before the game has been played for at least a week, too premature otherwise. Second, Yoda sucks it long, and sucks it hard.

Well Terry was in those crossover games. Hopefully #1 will be an X-Men.

Terry was in the (SNK) vs Capcom series, not vs Street Fighter series.

Cammy (and I think Fei Long) are confirmed to be added to the roster for the home console.

Dee Jay, T. Hawk, Sakura, Ibuki, Hugo, and Dan are being considered for port extras as well.

Cammy (and I think Fei Long) are confirmed to be added to the roster for the home console.

Dee Jay, T. Hawk, Sakura, Ibuki, Hugo, and Dan are being considered for port extras as well.

Cammy, Fei Long, and Dan are 100% confirmed at this point. Fei Long and Dan are on the damn website, and Ino (director of the game) said "Yeah, we threw an early model of Cammy into the game to see how she plays. She is confirmed for home release."

Keep in mind, since the game came out in arcades, Akuma became a playable character, and another character is coming soon (most likely Gouken).

Kotaku via Famitsu confirms Sakura:

http://kotaku.com/5060431/japanese-schoolg...ighter-iv-fight

Sakura Kasugano will be making an appearance in multi-plat home console version of Street Fighter IV. While she's made it into the game, Capcom is still apparently "undecided" whether Cammy will be in SFIV or not. Yeah, right.

Boo to no Karin, still. =/

Ino said that Cammy was in the game. Now he's backpedaling.

I say she's in the game.

Ino also says that they're trying to figure out how to solve the lag, when Capcom already has a license to use GGPO.

Now I just read a report that Cammy is in the game for sure.

I've already taken enough hits to my credibility here by reading this shit and parroting it as fact. Here's what I know:

Vega sure as hell isn't the worst in the game.

Sakura trailer. Still in HS or into cosplay apparently. Probably shoots down Makoto and/or Ibuki's chances, not that I really wanted them to be in once I got it into my head that this isn't SF All-Stars, but 2.5.

We've got a test machine here in Brisbane, Australia (don't ask me why) and I've been going to play it on my lunch breaks from work (It's in an arcade in the city, very convenient) and needless to say this game kicks so much ass.

The art style/graphics are just simply beautiful... And the gameplay is top notch, can't wait to play this at home, with an arcade stick that's for sure.

We've got a test machine here in Brisbane, Australia (don't ask me why) and I've been going to play it on my lunch breaks from work (It's in an arcade in the city, very convenient) and needless to say this game kicks so much ass.

The art style/graphics are just simply beautiful... And the gameplay is top notch, can't wait to play this at home, with an arcade stick that's for sure.

"Test" machine? Arcade game has been out for months.

Sakura will be playable at Street Fighter Club in Brooklyn on Friday, along with a finished version of HD Remix.

The first Street Fighter Club in LA was awesome, but they seem to be doing it bigger in NY.

I just hope Gen makes more sense this time around.

He was very complicated last time!!!

Set phasers for disappointment; odds are he has the two fighting styles thing going on.