TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pegasus Kid

Street Fighter IV announced...

Thoth, I'll play you on Wednesday and I expect to get my ass kicked but maybe I can get a round or two in.

I should be on around 4 or 5pm CST for anyone who's got the game... which I don't know how many it'll be since I think only a few Gamestops got the game early and maybe a few other places. I just know our DM was making us talk it up like a huge deal that we're getting the game today and not tomorrow.

How legit is that tier? Vega also is one of my favourites to use, but it would suck if he sucked.

I also, refuse to believe that Vega is shit tier, but from what I've seen, Sagat really is the best in this game so far. Console characters aren't really tiered yet. The official strategy guide tiers them, but that list was already picked apart, and the guy who put it together just kinda shrugged his shoulders, saying "I just wanted to show the noobs what a tier list looks like."

The reports of the MadCatz arcade sticks being defective pieces of shit do not surprise me at all. MadCatz produce the shittiest of the shit when it comes to video game accessories, I can't imagine why people are forking over their money for that crap. I haven't heard anything bad about the Hori sticks, so that might be the way to go.

Yeah, I've had nothing but good experiences with Hori sticks. I bought a Tekken 4 Hori back in 2002 and have put thousands of hours on it, and it still works well. The Fighting Sticks are a great deal, too, $50 for a seriously quality stick. Why people would pay more than that for a MadCatz peripheral confuses me as well.

I'm actually pumped for this game and I haven't played a fighting game for years. Probably since playing Mortal Kombat 1 and 2 plus Street Fighter 2 at my cousins place.

Re Hori's: We had a few at my store but sold out due to demand for a fightstick for SF IV. Pretty good quality stick from the bit I played on it.

The 6button pad I picked up yesterday works like a gem. Sure its wired and all but it just feels natural for me and I'm not having to try and hit bumper buttons or triggers. Having never played with Sakura...let me just say that's a fast little bitch and her shoryuken is underated.

Thoth, I fully plan on getting my ass handed to you tonight so try to go a bit easy, kay?

Re Hori's: We had a few at my store but sold out due to demand for a fightstick for SF IV. Pretty good quality stick from the bit I played on it.

The 6button pad I picked up yesterday works like a gem. Sure its wired and all but it just feels natural for me and I'm not having to try and hit bumper buttons or triggers. Having never played with Sakura...let me just say that's a fast little bitch and her shoryuken is underated.

Thoth, I fully plan on getting my ass handed to you tonight so try to go a bit easy, kay?

I'll try to ease up. Maybe play some new characters.

I'd heard that the MadCatz new sticks were *not* POS, unlike....all their other products in the past.

Has anyone respectable done a full-blown review of the SF4 model?

Someone tell me about SF4's multiplayer. I'm not overly interested in playing with random people (I don't like playing "cheap" as I call it. I thus get murdered) but one of the best features of SF2 Turbo Remix was the Arcade thing, where everyone was in a room together, could watch the matches, and then step in as the next challenger.

Is that in this game? How about tournaments? Basically, anything in Remix with expansions to it.

Someone tell me about SF4's multiplayer. I'm not overly interested in playing with random people (I don't like playing "cheap" as I call it. I thus get murdered) but one of the best features of SF2 Turbo Remix was the Arcade thing, where everyone was in a room together, could watch the matches, and then step in as the next challenger.

Is that in this game? How about tournaments? Basically, anything in Remix with expansions to it.

Trying to avoid jumping on the "cheap" comment. However, if you're on XBL I will treat you extra special.

There is no Player Match like HD Remix. Capcom has hinted that will be in a patch. As far as tournaments go, I think those will be in the Championship DLC that's coming for free in a few months.

@AndrewTS: Tier List~!

Top: The MadCatz Tournament Edition and Hori Real Arcade Pro are both legit sticks. The former was way oversold and just about the only way to get one is the old ebay gouge, but last I heard the HRAP is still gettable.

Not Top: The MadCatz Standard Edition would probably be a step above the $50-60 Horis if not for the fact that a signifigant number of people who have them are reporting all kinds of defects. My friend has had one of those little Hori EXs for a long time and while not my cup of tea, at least it works.

I heard at work today the 69 dollar MadCatz sticks we're selling have a washer in them that's wearing down already so.. yeah..

Re Seth: Yeah, he's a cheap little fuck.

Trying to avoid jumping on the "cheap" comment. However, if you're on XBL I will treat you extra special.

There is no Player Match like HD Remix. Capcom has hinted that will be in a patch. As far as tournaments go, I think those will be in the Championship DLC that's coming for free in a few months.

So what can you do in SF4 online? Anything right now?

You can fight people in ranked or unranked matches. You can host matches against friends and have them destroy you with Vega or Zangief.

Oh...and the games audio is 10x better with the Japanese audio.

You can fight people in ranked or unranked matches. You can host matches against friends and have them destroy you with Vega or Zangief.

I don't even play Zangief! lololololololol

Can I just say that the 360's pad is BAD and makes charging supers VERY hard to pull off?

I shall say it.

Also I had to go to the manual to understand the super bars and why certain times I would just get plowed through (those MK+MP moves)

Still takes some getting used to, how do I unlock characters?

Cheats.

I beat it with Ken.

Does that mean Sakura is Ryu's "rival" to be unlocked? How Tekken 2-esque.

Not that I'd be able to do many, Sagat whomped my ass many, many times, until I cracked the manual and figured out the super-moves system.

Is there an option in the American version to pick a Japanese or English audio track?

In fact you can pick and choose which character gets to use USA vocals or JAP vocals.

Maybe Guile has a bad ass VO in the American dub, I dunno. It's UNLIKELY, but its possible!

That's actually pretty cool! Ideally I'd like to have both.. I just hate it when they remove the Japanese track from a game. It really serves no purpose to do something like that (Koei games I'm lookin' at you)!