TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pegasus Kid

Street Fighter IV announced...

For those considering the collector's edition:

Figure is cool, but I won't remember it's sitting on my dresser.

Hint/artbook is too small.

Soundtrack is okay, I guess?

Free DLC is just the Brawler Pack.

The animated movie makes no god damn sense.

Game's fun, though.

I caved and bought the standard edition (PS3) after having no luck finding the CE anywhere. I really just wanted the animated bluray thinger. Ebay here I come! :P

This might be the game that inspires me to buy a *PS3*.

Well, it won't. Those shits're expensive, and I bought rockband for 360 (my roommates)

But damn.

This controller.

Damn.

Regarding Xbox 360:

It took me over an hour to beat the last boss with M.Bison, on Easiest, with 1 round matches.

Because I cannot do the Knee Press Nightmare with these pads with any sort of regularity on him. Part of it is the constant warping around he does, and the ridiculous throws, but mostly this FUCKING PAD makes it practically impossible.

In other words, I won in one round with Rose, Sakura, Ken, etc. Chun Li, Bison, took FOR-EVER. And the way I won with Bison was eventually just dicking around doing nonsense stuff hoping the Easiest computer would fall for idiotic nonsense, NOT playing the way I usually would.

Because I can't.

And to be clearer, I went to a Pandora's Cube store here and tried their demo PS3. And it was not the same. The supers were much easier, even Guile's.

Very frustrating.

In other news I've unlocked everyone but Gouken and Seth. Who should follow soon since I can just use Sakura to unlock everyone else.

I tried Sakura's path last night, on Medium.. everyone in her path is FUCKING cheap. Abel and Zangief with their fucking non-stop throwing really got on my nerves. Add to that the usual cheapness of Balrog and Blanka.. then Seth.. jesus christ what a cheap fucker. That's the first time I've wanted to throw my controller out of frustration in many many MANY years (I didn't though).

Look I know the pads are bad but I think because I played a lot of SSF2T HD before hand, I got most of the charges down. I'm having trouble with the Challenge Mode because I can't do those combos.

I splurged on the Collector's Edition. My major complaint about it, unless I'm wrong, is the main title theme is not on it. I like the title theme. I'm not going to play it today because my thumb hurts now.

Main Title theme is fucking shite. Its like some very attractive in a way that I can't explain boy band song. The game doesn't mind being cheap as hell either with some of its characters. FUCK ABEL. Fucking French twats.

Bottom line... Is the game worth getting? I've been thinking about it all week. (for the 360).

It plays like how I remember Street Fighter to play, but has added some extra cool moves for those who can chain combos. If you're prepared to get your arse handed to you, until you learn how to replay SF a little bit, then yeah its worth it. Medium difficulty is pretty hard at first, so I'd work your way up.

Main Title theme is fucking shite. Its like some very attractive in a way that I can't explain boy band song. The game doesn't mind being cheap as hell either with some of its characters. FUCK ABEL. Fucking French twats.

I'm not a huge fan of the title theme either.. though I just noticed that if you change the language to Japanese, the opening movie (and the menus) with the theme also changes the lyrics to Japanese.. it's a little more tolerable when it's not in English for some reason.

I'm gonna go home and get Gold Membership. Again.

Someone play me.

*EDIT* ALLL pop songs are better in a non-english language. you can't understand how stupid the song is :) See: J-pop, K-pop, etc.*/EDIT*

I'm re-learning the system after playing HD Remix for so long. Haven't quite got a firm grasp on Focus Attacks yet. Seth is like a toned-down SNK Boss with the teleporting after a down and the vacuum grab - combo BS move he does.

Yes, the intro got 10X better after changing the language to Japanese because you don't realize just how terrible the lyrics are.

I'm liking it. Move inputs are much easier than in Super Turbo, so I'm slightly less horrible. Rufus is a lot of fun. I like the system, but it's weird, it almost feels like going back in time 15 years. All the options you used to have for dealing with fireballs are gone - you can't air block, roll or parry. Of course it's due to my scrubbiness, but I'm having trouble just dealing with fast fireball spam, especially against Sagat. I'm such trash.

The intro is freaking awesome. I want to dance to it at all times.

"All the options you used to have for dealing with fireballs are gone - you can't air block, roll or parry."

Focus Attack Dash Cancel through them. It's a free hit on them if you get to them before they finish their recovery frames.

For those complaining that the combos are hard to do, I really think you need a stick for these. Also, using a stick will allow you to piano your reversals. Against my Vega, if you can't reversal on wake-up, I get free chip damage on you, and I don't have to fear retaliation. From there, I crouching MP, which hits most people because they think they have an opening, when they don't. Then, off the wall, grab or claw, repeat. Gotta reversal that.

Also, my Focus Attack combo with Vega is FA -> df+HK -> EX Wall Dive. Learned that in trial mode. God, that's so much fun, and it demoralizes the opponent. Trial mode blows me away with its usefulness; I read Seth Killian personally designed each combo in that mode.

Edit : I didn't explain pianoing a reversal. Like, when doing a dragon punch, roll your fingers over each punch button. A press or release counts as an input, so you have 6 chances to do a reversal.

Thoth is like that kid you watch play Street Fighter all day..see him mow thru the local kids and revel in the demorilization of his being when some button mashing kid knocks him out.

The lyrics aren't that bad. They'd be better in a different style and when matched with the intro itself it comes across as more ridiculous. That said, I like it.

There's a full CD release later for anyone who wants the full thing and not just what's in the CE, although most of the music is ripped already.

I don't have a PS3/360 but chances are I'll get one sometime this year because of this.

Can I just say that the 360's pad is BAD and makes charging supers VERY hard to pull off?

I agree 100%, the 360 pad is absolute fucking shit... I need to get my hands on one of those Mad Catz pads up on Play Asia that haven't been released yet. But other than that, I am loving the game and it looks brilliant playing it on a 40" Sony Bravia. The arcade machine I had been playing on made it look a bit fuzzy (It was a 37" Samsung) but playing it at home it looks crisp and sharp.

Main Title theme is fucking shite. It's like some very attractive in a way that I can't explain boy band song. The game doesn't mind being cheap as hell either with some of its characters. FUCK ABEL. Fucking French twats.

I not ashamed to admit that I love the intro song... IN-DES-STUCT-ABLE!

I am also unable to do the more advanced EX cancels in Trial mode. Cancel INTO Chun-Li's lightning kicks? Impossible!

Possibly requiring a stick :(

If the anime DVD is anything like the cut scenes in this game, then I am glad I just went for the standard version - typical Japanese story-telling. Guy goes on quest, discovers conspiracy, is eaten by mutant squids and is reincarnated as Chun-Li before becoming a garbage man.

Oh, and fuck the tiers, I'm tearing shit up as Vega atm, determined as ever.

Bottom line... Is the game worth getting? I've been thinking about it all week. (for the 360).

It plays like how I remember Street Fighter to play, but has added some extra cool moves for those who can chain combos. If you're prepared to get your arse handed to you, until you learn how to replay SF a little bit, then yeah its worth it. Medium difficulty is pretty hard at first, so I'd work your way up.

I'm still pretty freaking solid at the SF games for SNES. If it's similar, I shouldn't have a problem picking it up.

Yeah, I finally unlocked Seth today. Beating the game with Guile and Gen was pretty hard. It took me so many tries to beat Seth with them.

I've been pretty good online. Hate when kids disconnect when they are getting their ass kicked though.

Unlocked everyone.. for a boss character Seth is pretty fun to play as, much more fun than Bison ever was, IMO.

Wha!? Uh, count me out of that boat. Seth has a couple of cool moves, but unless you really know what you're doing, he's too weak and takes too much damage for you to see too many of 'em.

Unlocked everyone.. for a boss character Seth is pretty fun to play as, much more fun than Bison ever was, IMO.

Wha!? Uh, count me out of that boat. Seth has a couple of cool moves, but unless you really know what you're doing, he's too weak and takes too much damage for you to see too many of 'em.

I guess I know what I'm doin' then. ;) I like his triple dragon punch and the vortex thing that pulls your opponent in close. That said, Gouken is my favourite "top tier" guy to play as right now.