TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pegasus Kid

Street Fighter IV announced...

I've been pretty good online. Hate when kids disconnect when they are getting their ass kicked though.

Yah I have had a few of those too. I also had one Blanka douchebag who did nothing but push me into a corner to spam the electricity! Jerks!

I just know when I get this in the next few days, I'll end up picking the least used character. I have a thing for the underdog.

Who would that be this time?

Yeah, I'm pretty much in love with this game. Rufus is so much fun. And online is like almost lag free, that makes me so happy. And it makes me wonder what the hell Namco is doing, cause SC4 online was such shit.

It's good to hear that Trial Mode is useful. I'll probably go through it tomorrow, because my fundamentals and execution are terrible and it sounds like a good place to start.

Anyone playing online on the PS3? My ID is PSUJer if anyone wants to get any PS3 games in.

Yeah, I'm pretty much in love with this game. Rufus is so much fun. And online is like almost lag free, that makes me so happy. And it makes me wonder what the hell Namco is doing, cause SC4 online was such shit.

It's good to hear that Trial Mode is useful. I'll probably go through it tomorrow, because my fundamentals and execution are terrible and it sounds like a good place to start.

Anyone playing online on the PS3? My ID is PSUJer if anyone wants to get any PS3 games in.

Ill add you soon. My name is FLAMgoblin.

So who here has the 360 version and who has the PS3 version.

I have 360, and I want to battle Thoth.

EricMM76.

Come get some.

So who here has the 360 version and who has the PS3 version.

I have 360, and I want to battle Thoth.

EricMM76.

Come get some.

Just use one move over and over again until he gets annoyed. Then when he's at the height of being annoyed... button mash. Oh and... may the force be with you... kinda.

I should be online around 10pm CST to battle anyone. I've posted my GT so anyone who's got it on 360 should just add me and I'll confirm it when I get home.

Goddamn, I need to play you people. I'll be available tonight; send me a game invite.

I got all the medal types last night. Getting the "win by time over" was embarrassing because I had to dodge for about 60 seconds. I also didn't want him to ragequit, and I felt like he had every right to. Thank god I never have to do that again.

Edit: Eric, you have been friend requested.

I'm on PS3 - wquinn

I almost had a match with Flamboyance, but I was too drawn into arcade mode to see the invite pop up in the corner of my screen. :(

I'm on PS3 - wquinn

I almost had a match with Flamboyance, but I was too drawn into arcade mode to see the invite pop up in the corner of my screen. :(

I'm not sure how the invites work so I sent you a few in one shot because I'm always paranoid they don't work. I'm still getting used to online gaming. If I see you on, I'll try again. If not, just invite me.

Sounds good. I actually ventured into Ranked Matches for the first time last night. I won the first one and got some BP, but then lost a bunch more in a row and ended up with 0 BP again, heh. I think I'll stick to Player Matches for now.

I'm starting to remember why I always liked to use Cammy in SSF2 on SNES back in the day. She's really a great all around character with some good short and long range attacks.

I'm doing pretty well online. 100 wins out of 138 fights so far. Only played two ranked matches though, but I won both of them, although I didn't know they were ranked matches until I won and received battle points.

I wonder if the BP are only going to be used for ranking or if there'll be some sort of free DLC stuff that you can exchange them for. Kinda like what Metal Gear Online does.

Regarding Abel:

Who in the hell designed his normal punches and kicks? Man, they do not feel like Street fighter.

I'm not really digging Abel or El Fuerte. I find that people who use them are realllly cheap with their moves. With Abel, it's all throws. With Fuerte he has this running bellyflop thing that he can repeatedly hit you with before you even stand up.. and I can't seem to block or break it. Brutal!!

I was finally able to play this, this afternoon. Color me a little underwhelmed. It feels like a prettier Street Fighter II, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I still feel a little underwhelmed.

I play as Akuma a lot. I guess I'm a bitch then. I haven't run into many Sagat players. But mostly everyone uses Ken and the same strategy. Ken's pretty good though. Although this might sound like a shitty excuse, I use Akuma a lot because when I was a kid, I kept seeing Akuma in magazines and movies, and never had the chance to play as him, yet he looked so bad ass. He looked like the coolest motherfucker ever. I only had SF2 Championship Edition so I was never able to play as him until now, about 15 years after I got SF2.

Finally had a match with Dubq. It was a damn close one. Good fight. Probably one of the better ones I've had in a few days.

I play as Akuma a lot. I guess I'm a bitch then. I haven't run into many Sagat players. But mostly everyone uses Ken and the same strategy. Ken's pretty good though. Although this might sound like a shitty excuse, I use Akuma a lot because when I was a kid, I kept seeing Akuma in magazines and movies, and never had the chance to play as him, yet he looked so bad ass. He looked like the coolest motherfucker ever. I only had SF2 Championship Edition so I was never able to play as him until now, about 15 years after I got SF2.

Sorry. I should've been more specific. Some Akuma players I fight against, all they do is fireball, fireball, mid-air fireball, fireball, fireball, teleport, rinse and repeat until end of the match.

My friend came 'round today, after honing and refining his Sagat all week. And wow - just fucking wow. What possible expletive can I use that accurately describes a Sagat raping? Sweet merciful Christ, my poor, poor Vega.

In other news, I've discovered Balrog brings the awesome by the truckload.

Sorry. I should've been more specific. Some Akuma players I fight against, all they do is fireball, fireball, mid-air fireball, fireball, fireball, teleport, rinse and repeat until end of the match.

Haha no worries. Although I can honestly say, I don't play like that with Akuma. In fact, I have no idea how to do mid-air fireballs or teleport. Some people get pissed at me because of his ultimate combo though.