TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Pegasus Kid

Street Fighter IV announced...

Unboxing my Tournament Stick now. Online soon.

Cheats.

And, also, hacks.

Whatever, at least I beat you once. With Zangief.

Which was the only character I COULDN'T beat Broward with.

:huh:

I play as Akuma a lot. I guess I'm a bitch then. I haven't run into many Sagat players. But mostly everyone uses Ken and the same strategy. Ken's pretty good though. Although this might sound like a shitty excuse, I use Akuma a lot because when I was a kid, I kept seeing Akuma in magazines and movies, and never had the chance to play as him, yet he looked so bad ass. He looked like the coolest motherfucker ever. I only had SF2 Championship Edition so I was never able to play as him until now, about 15 years after I got SF2.

Sorry. I should've been more specific. Some Akuma players I fight against, all they do is fireball, fireball, mid-air fireball, fireball, fireball, teleport, rinse and repeat until end of the match.

My girlfriend's little brother uses Akuma like that.. it drives me nuts!

Cheats.

And, also, hacks.

Playground rules dictate that Broward can therefore defeat Thoth and doesn't even have to fight him. Broward beat you, and you've beaten Thoth, so clearly Broward > Thoth.

My friend came 'round today, after honing and refining his Sagat all week. And wow - just fucking wow. What possible expletive can I use that accurately describes a Sagat raping? Sweet merciful Christ, my poor, poor Vega.

In other news, I've discovered Balrog brings the awesome by the truckload.

According to the tiers, Sagat vs Vega is the worst matchup in the game.

According to me, a good Sagat gives my Vega too much trouble. It is indeed a slaughter.

Cheats.

And, also, hacks.

Playground rules dictate that Broward can therefore defeat Thoth and doesn't even have to fight him. Broward beat you, and you've beaten Thoth, so clearly Broward > Thoth.

Bah! Still getting used to the layout of the stick. Plus, was I using Abel? In Player matches, I like to switch it up; I was trying to see if I could win a match with a character I'm not too comfortable with.

I WON ONE!

Let me have this :( :( :(

Sure. You're better than I imagined, so I can only expect you to improve. I think I need to pick up another character besides Vega.

Just finished playing with Jer. He kicked my ass like 5 or 6 times. I was able to beat him the first two times. Then he picked Sagat and obliterated me. After the third fight, we both started to play mad cheap with mad hadoukens and tigers, but he still dominated. Last fight, we stopped being cheap but he still fucked me up. Last fight was a really close one though. All around good gaming session.

Word has it I can take Jer to school.

It'll be like Guilty Gear all over again son! No confusing third dimension!! This isn't Tekken anymore!

Just finished playing with Jer. He kicked my ass like 5 or 6 times. I was able to beat him the first two times. Then he picked Sagat and obliterated me. After the third fight, we both started to play mad cheap with mad hadoukens and tigers, but he still dominated. Last fight, we stopped being cheap but he still fucked me up. Last fight was a really close one though. All around good gaming session.

I got your message after it was too late. It was actually my girlfriend online playing at that time, lol. Next time, dude!

Yeah, good games yesterday Flamboyance. Your Akuma is really hard to get in against - you're good with the fireball zoning. Next time I'll probably just play straight Rufus, I feel bad defaulting back to a shoto, heh.

Eric, my recollection of Guilty Gear is you being unable to handle the pressure and choking against a diverse selection of terrible players. Do you really want it be like that all over again? :)

Does anyone have any pointers against Sagat using Vega? I was mauled once again yesterday and we're playin' some more tonight, I need revenge - ONE WIN IS ALL I ASK.

With Vega, going off the wall can usually result in a Tiger Uppercut. Mix up your wall dive; do the punch version that sends you at him like a torpedo, that will screwup his timing.

Most of the time you will spend on the ground. Your ducking medium punch is your best poke; use it repeatedly. Flip Kick should work for anti air if Sagat's not looking for a cross-up. If you see a cross-up, hit 3 punches or kicks for a backflip.

Don't forget your focus attack combo: Focus attack -> Down-forward + Heavy Kick -> EX Wall Dive

When Sagat shoots a Tiger, jump towards him. When he shoots another Tiger, jump straight up instead of towards to trick your opponent into using the Tiger Uppetcut because he'll miss. Then he'll be open to Vega's Ultra. Its pain in the ass to pull off, but it hurts a lot.

If you want to be a cheapass and win regardless, you can never go wrong doing multiple EXed Rolling Attacks since it does good damage whether they're being turtles or not.

When Sagat shoots a Tiger, jump towards him. When he shoots another Tiger

Most Sagats would Tiger Knee your ass at that point. If the Sagat shoots two Tiger's in a row at the range you appear to be discussing, they deserve to lose.

Is it possible to focus cancel parry multi-hit projectiles like most EX fireballs? I'm assuming not because I can't do it, but then I'm a scrub.

Is it possible to focus cancel parry multi-hit projectiles like most EX fireballs? I'm assuming not because I can't do it, but then I'm a scrub.

Nope.

I got your message after it was too late. It was actually my girlfriend online playing at that time, lol. Next time, dude!

No sweat man. I figured you didn't see it.

ALL the music from the USA version of Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie

Most Sagats would Tiger Knee your ass at that point. If the Sagat shoots two Tiger's in a row at the range you appear to be discussing, they deserve to lose.

I RARELY see the Tiger Knee being used when I'm online.

Tiger Knee is super strong, it should be used. Damn noobs.

Its not that he's supposed to be weak per se, he's just one of the guys on the game that you can't use common button notation and common move approachment for winning a round.

I've played a few Blanka's as well and that back roll along with the coward's crouch is an effective way at confusing a player.

Seth AI is easy to beat as long as you don't treat him like a real person.

I can get perfects w/ Rose and Guile just by absuing soul drills and flashkicks. Just don't jump in!!!

I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to w/ GG Jer, but if it was pressure it was all about the pressure.

I don't rememer YOU ever beating me much.

I was the worst GG player of all time. I didn't beat anyone, ever. I was so bad I wasn't even competitive enough to give you a chance to choke. But surely you haven't forgotten the legendary chokejob in the infamous Ride Home Match. :)

You need to get a PS3 so we can play online, sir.

I tried playing Dhalsim last night. Comparing him to his form in Super Turbo, where he was one of the best... it's just sad. That, or I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing.

Cammy question: I don't know what's special about the EX properties of the Cannon Drill and Cannon Spike (Spinny drill kick and uppercut kick). Anyone know?

Eh, I would assume like most EX moves it absorbs a hit or two thru armor and if so, the latter move lets you go in against the Shoto fighters who like to uppercut their way through a match.

The former...? Eh..I'd assume a higher hit rate at a slightly faster rate of speed? I hardly use Cammy so I've got no real input on it..

Cammy is one of my mains, and I'm still not sure what is special about her EX moves.. yet. =\

One thing that was pissing me off with her was the level 3 trial challenge.. you're supposed to hit:

-jumping heavy kick

-standing heavy punch

-cannon spike

First two are no problem.. but when she hits the heavy punch the recoil actually moves her back and hitting the Cannon Spike is fucking impossible after that. FUCKING. IMPOSSIBLE.

No it's not, that one I can do.

I think it might be better to not use the up close Heavy Punch.

But either way, its the timing of the spike that is key.