TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Jericho: "Ring of Honor fans are losers"

Chris Jericho was on Dave Meltzer's radio show last night. Meltzer was doing the show live from the Ring of Honor show at the Cow Palace in San Francisco. Jericho had this to say about Ring of Honor:

"I really enjoy the wrestling in Ring of Honor, but let's be honest. Ring of Honor fans are losers."

He asked Dave how many people were there and Dave said about 350. Jericho said that since WCW used to run some of their pay-per-views from there when he worked there, he knew it was a reasonably-sized arena. He asked what the capacity was. Dave said about 13,000.

Jericho: "Now, don't you feel like a loser for being there?"

Meltzer: "Yeah, kind of."

Jericho: "Yeah, because that's what Ring of Honor fans are: losers."

Jericho should just keep his mouth shut. He should keep in mind that these are the same type of fans that would go and watch him while he was in Winnipeg getting his career started. I'm sure there were more people at ROH last night than one of his Fozzy concerts.

Guest benoitwasmurdered

A lot of ROH fans are incredibly annoying. I also doubt Jericho was entirely serious.

I'm not sure how a horribly planned event that ROH agreed to take part in is supposed to make their fans losers? Does that mean those who came to see Nash and Hall, only to see them no-show aren't losers? Are ROH fans annoying? Yes, like all wrestling fans.

Jericho should just keep his mouth shut. He should keep in mind that these are the same type of fans that would go and watch him while he was in Winnipeg getting his career started. I'm sure there were more people at ROH last night than one of his Fozzy concerts.

Way to prove him wrong.

Only 350? Ouch.

I didn't think Meltzer hosted WOL anymore or that he was at the ROH show. And I didn't know that Enigma wrote this himself, given that he never credits anyone for his news.

And yea, ROH fans can be pretty big losers

Only 350? Ouch.

I didn't think Meltzer hosted WOL anymore or that he was at the ROH show.

Meltzer calls in every week.

He called in last night from the upper deck of the Cow Palace, where he went to do a head-count of the crowd and get an exact number since there were so few people there. I think he came up with around 300.

Guest DogOn

How dare Jericho speak the truth.. How dare he!

Somewhere, on the internet, some 20 something year old guy is bitching about how disrespectful Jericho is being. Keep in mind that this is the same guy that spends three hours-six hours a month heckling wrestlers and annoying everyone around him.

He didnt outright say "loser" the way it seems to be percieved and it was more towards the fact that they were in a 15,000 seat arena with only about 300 or so people in there. Was more of the essense that because of the large arena, it made the small crowd feel like idiots for being there considering the potential or something (hard to explain). I'll have to go back and listen again but the way the original poster stated this was totally taken out of context and that's not how it was said or meant.

the fact that he said "I like Ring Of Honor" in the same sentence as "ROH fans are losers" should be a big tipoff that he's not all serious.

He should keep in mind that these are the same type of fans that would go and watch him while he was in Winnipeg getting his career started.

Not really.

Maybe I wasn't paying attention, but I don't remember hearing him say anything about ROH fans being losers.

Its because he didnt - he said it "makes you feel like a loser" when you are in a huge arena and only a small amount of people are in attendance. Like I said before, the original poster to this thread took what he said COMPLETELY out of context. Jericho never said either the first or last statement he was quoted on saying in that first posting.

This makes me wonder how many other statements supposedly made by wrestlers, or things supposedly done by wrestlers over the years are blown out of proportion. It's like that game you played in high school where you started with a fact on a piece of paper and passed it by whispering it to the person next to you. By the time it reached the end of the room you went from saying something like the baboon likes bananas to something along the lines of a banana gave birth to a baboon.

You're talking about telephone. I always considered that more of a kindergarten game than high school.

That's true and in many cases, it was dirtier in kindergarten.

I played it a few times during school actually. Kindergarten, 6th grade, and 9th grade in Science Class. Guess my teacher didn't have a lesson plan that day.

Leave it to Engima to post BS info.

I would like some listed examples of my "BS info".

Listen to the show and you'll see he didnt actually state as you quoted completely. I already listed the examples - the first and last quotes from him in your post.

Wrestling fans can be losers, but ROH attracts them. WWE attracts casual fans, so the majority of fans are just working class.

ROH has this pretentious vibe about them that attracts losers like magnets.