TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 10/25 - 10/29

Even in a year like this I don't think you can consider any two loss team a legit contender. Florida I would say was the only one with even the slimmest of chances going into this week and their bubble burst today.

Oops, didn't see that Washington lost to Arizona today. That basically kills Hawaii's chances. They can't play for the national championship if their best win is over a Pac-10 team with a losing record.

If Michigan runs the table for the rest of the season, winning the Big 10, do they get blown out of the Rose Bowl again?

Depends who wins the Pac 10 really. I think Arizona State and Oregon would slaughter them while both USC and Cal would win but I think the games would be more competitive. Hell, right now winning the Big Ten isn't much of an accomplishment this year.

And UVa's 7-game winning streak comes to an end against NC State. I don't have ESPNU, so I had to follow the game via the Yahoo scoreboard. Now they got three tough games left against Wake Forest, Miami, and Virginia Tech. I just hope they can at least win 2 more.

One thing to remember there is that if Oregon wins the Pac-Ten, there's a very good chance that they play for the national title. You might not even have a Pac-Ten team in the Rose Bowl this year.

Actually, Cal's about even with USC. Both teams are still hanging onto a 1 or 2% chance, but are out for all practical purposes. South Carolina's hurt by Florida losing today too and may not have a realistic shot of climbing back either.

Alabama's definitely out though behind all these teams. You don't lose to Florida State and come back to reach the title game.

Couldn't you say the same about S Carolina and Vandy? Especially considering that loss was at home.

The Vanderbilt game's obviously just a fluke loss on a letdown though. People will forget that. The Florida State game was the only big non-conference game Alabama played this year and if they're being compared against a one-loss BC team or something, they have no shot. Also, they don't have any big road games this year (they skip Florida and South Carolina and get LSU at home), so their schedule wouldn't be as impressive if they went 11-2.

For all the crowing about Oregon beating USC, people don't realize that this is THE year for the Ducks. They have a better shot at winning the national title than they did that year they had Joey Harrington. I'd probably put them over just about any team at this point, including LSU.

UCLA is doing what UCLA does best, playing like shit against teams they should beat as they are very close to losing to Washington State, down 20-7 with seven minutes to go. I tell you if they played LSU next week they would have a shot at winning but if they played FIU next week they would go down in flames.

Yeah, South Carolina's definitely off the list now. Getting rolled by Tennessee tonight. I still think the Trojans have a shot if they win out though considering how many teams are losing.

BTW, UCLA's laying another egg tonight, down 20-7 to WSU in the 4th quarter who's 0-4 in the Pac-Ten.

Bah, Cal gets a gift touchdown as the refs completely miss the Cal defender grabbing Rudy Carpenter's face mask which helped lead to the fumble and recovery for the td.

Ohio St. putting the beatdown on Penn St. 34-10

God I hope Michigan can get the job done against the Buckeyes, cuz I can't stomach another OSU title game appearance.

Calling a two score game over with plently of time left was quite premature. Now they have tied and they still have alot of time left in this game.

Well, the last score I saw was 21-0 when I said that they were done. I'd certainly like them to get the win here though. South Carolina's my favorite SEC East team.

I can't believe anyone actually mentioned USC as a national title contender after losing today. Two losses and overall a really lame schedule? Oregon is the first decent team they've played all year.

Oh, and this crap with UConn has flat out got to stop. This is a team that needed a screwjob call to beat fucking TEMPLE. And then cheated blatantly with a bogus fair catch to beat U of L last week. And now when I think they are finally just going to get their asses kicked, they flat out beat USF. Am I going to be reduced to cheering for Cincy to beat these lame fucks?

I can't believe anyone actually mentioned USC as a national title contender after losing today. Two losses and overall a really lame schedule? Oregon is the first decent team they've played all year.

They have a weak schedule thus far. The reason they're an outside national title contender is that they still have road games vs. Cal and Arizona State and a home game with UCLA to close out the schedule. If they win all of those, and all the LSU/West Virginia type teams lose, I guarantee people will be banging the drum to get them in the title game.