TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vampiro69

Most shocked you have ever been while watching wrestling

What moments in wrestling have shocked you?

Vince showing up on the opening of Nitro ( I knew they had bought WCW, but it was still sureal)

Scott Hall invading WCW

Eric Bischoff arriving on Raw

Chris Benoit's situation

ECW reforming during the Invasion angle only to be ruined an hour later.

Hogan joining the NWO.

The Radicalz on Raw.

WCW being bought by the WWF.

Austin's heel turn at WM 17.

-Vince opening the last Nitro

-Eric Bischoff appearing on Raw...

-Owen Hart dying at a pay-per-view...

-The Benoit tragedy...

-Ric Flair appearing in the WWF for the first time...

Savage getting bit by the cobra.

Maven eliminating Undertaker from the Royal Rumble.

Those are the first two that come to mind.

Matt Hardy attacking Edge for the first time on Raw after being fired

Hogan joining the NWO

Sandman's return to ECW

I echo some of the above sentiments. I'd say Sting winning the World Title a week or so ago really surprised me after reading retirement/Kurt Angle power play rumors.

The first few months of the nWo angle were chalk full of surprises.

Ultimate Warrior returning at Wrestlemania to help Hulk Hogan fight off Sid and..I think it was Papa Shango haven't watched that particular angle in awhile.

Ric Flair's comeback to the WWE was surprising.

Hearing that WCW was bought by WWF was surprising and depressing in a way.

Tazz standing up to Austin several times to pretty good pops was a surprise the few times it happened. I remember the one time Austin was picking on Cole and Tazz said something to the effect of "Either apologize or I'll beat it out of you." Probably one of the last times I thought Tazz might get a push.

Luger winning the WCW Title on Nitro in 97 was a shock/cool mark out moment.

As a kid I didn't notice that the fast count was really slow in the Starrcade 97 match between Hogan and Sting. I probably looked away for a brief second during the count. So I was pretty surprised that the match didn't end on Hogan winning.

That Starcade count was so bad, my buddies dad who was bearly watching noticed that it was slower than some of the other counts. In fact my anal retentive friend went back over all the counts and the "fast count" was in reality the second slowest count of the night.

And last really shocking thing?

Hogan's turn.

Yeah now when I watch it it's annoyingly slow, but when I was ten and marking out because my favorite wrestler of all-time is wrestling again after a year layoff, I just really didn't notice that it was slow.

The whole Pillman-Austin gun angle. As a kid when that show went off the air I thought someone had gotten shot and died.

Also, Shawn Michaels collapsing after Owen Hart's enzeguri was effective for me as a kid. I thought Shawn was going to be a vegetable after that and every time Owen did the enzeguri from that point on I thought it was going to end someone's career.

I'll second the Pillman/Austin angle. But the most shocked I've ever been watching wrestling was the July 2001 Raw with ECW showing up and beating the crap out of Jericho and Kane. I hadn't even heard of this happening beforehand. Don't think anyone on the net even knew.

The Owen/HBK angle I've always thought was silly. I mean Owen was a moron. He had HBK knocked out in the center of the ring and didn't think to PIN the guy??? Then he did the same thing against Austin 2 years later, albeit this time for real.

Hogan joins the NWO

The Montreal Screwjob

HHH retains at WM 2000

Warrior pins Hogan clean at WMVI

Owen Hart dies at Over the Edge

Diesel wins title days after face turn by squashing Bob Backlund

Shawn Michaels' collapse on Raw from post-concussion syndrome

Guest Smues

Another one I just thought of, Foley winning the title at Summerslam 1999. I was so damned sure HHH was walking out with the belt that night. Of course it was just a Russo swerve and he won the next night, but I enjoyed it for one night damnit.

Another one I just thought of, Foley winning the title at Summerslam 1999. I was so damned sure HHH was walking out with the belt that night. Of course it was just a Russo swerve and he won the next night, but I enjoyed it for one night damnit.

Eh, that was mostly because Austin refused to drop the title to HHH (feeling he wasn't ready for the main event) and Mick Foley had no problem doing so. Still a shock though that Mick Foley earned an almost unheard-of 100% clean win over Austin. Gotta love the post match beat down from HHH as well.

Shawn Michaels' collapse on Raw from post-concussion syndrome

You're no the only one who this shocked. The WWF hadn't really dipped too much into worked-shoot angles like this before, and I thought something had seriously happened to him. Ah, to be a 14 year old mark again......

On that note, Foley winning the title on Raw for the first time. I didn't think there was any way they'd job the Rock that soon after turning heel and winning the belt.

I thought Foley only won because Ventura didn't want to raise the hand of a heel?

Guest Smues

On that note, Foley winning the title on Raw for the first time. I didn't think there was any way they'd job the Rock that soon after turning heel and winning the belt.

That would have shocked the hell out of me, if they hadn't posted it on WWF.com the day of the taping. Ditto goes for Vince McMahon winning the world title on Smackdown.

I thought Foley only won because Ventura didn't want to raise the hand of a heel?

It was because they didn't want Ventura to raise the hand of a heel. Austin did not refuse to put over HHH that night.

HHH beating Cactus Jack twice in 2000. Seriously, that angle was so good in building up Cactus Jack as some kind of indestructible maniac that I was sure he was going to win. I'm sure I've said this before, but those 2 wins made HHH in my mind.

I second the Cactus Jack/HHH feud in that retired Foley from a full time schedule. I'd have to say reading that Sting signed to TNA online shocked me. I was all but sure he was done, and had read rumors that he was open to a dvd from WWE and a match with The Rock like a month before.

Shawn Michaels returning to wrestle at Summerslam 02 surprised me, but him then returning to an active schedule surprised me even more. I figured he'd work a Hogan like schedule showing up a few times a year.

Reading that the nWo was coming to WWE and seeing the teaser pics online. Then seeing how fast they killed the angle when they could have doubled the heat by having Hogan show his ass and get more heat for the angle.

Booker winning the WCW title - He never got the slow build to becoming a legit singles main eventer.

Didn't he lose clean to Kanyon earlier the same night as well?

No one ever got beaten cleanly in WCW during the Russo era. I do think Booker lost to Kanyon but there was probably a run in. Booker's main event run in WCW wasn't very successful quite honestly and I think some of it was that he didn't get a steady push to the main event. He was just sorta put in there due to the perceived internet demand for a Booker push, but nothing on TV for a year would have led the viewers to think Booker T. should be world champion.