TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Steroid Dealer Brags of Relationship with Ric Flair

Article is from the Torch. Link to the newspaper article is below the Torch report.

John Todd Miller, a former steroid dealer for pro wrestlers, credits helping Ric Flair look good well past his physical prime by supplying him with steroids, reports Sunday's Palm Beach Post (Fla.).

A long feature story by Hal Habib includes numerous revelations and allegations regarding the former drug dealer to pro wrestlers. "To compete, you've got to use them," he says, now free of legal trouble after becoming a key government witness against James Gahan, a father facing drug charges for supplying steroids to his 13 year old athlete son. "I can tell you that there's probably 95 percent of the athletes out there, that are in professional sports, are using it. It's not just wrestlers."

Miller said he cried for three days after Eddie Guerrero died. He rationalized that Guerrero didn't die due to effects from the steroids he sold him, but rather from pain pills.

Regarding Flair, he says: "He looks terrible [now]. Yeah, he's gotten flabby. He's just not looking the way I had him looking."

Flair didn't respond to the newspaper's request for comment, nor did WWE. The article points out that Flair denied he used steroids when his ex-wife Beth claimed he was a steroid abuser in her divorce papers in 2005. Flair said his wife was trying to humiliate him, but Flair admitted to steroid use in his autobiography, noting that when he was diagnosed with a heart condition, he "initially thought steroids might be responsible, but my doctor dismissed the theory."

Miller said he had dinner at Flair's home many times and considered Flair a walking billboard for his "services." Miller bragged about being the top supplier of steroids to wrestlers. He said "testosterone," the drug found in large quantities in Chris Benoit's body, is the drug of choice among wrestlers.

Pete Gruner, who wrestled in WWE and WCW as Billy Kidman, told police he introduced Brian Adams, who died this summer, to Miller.

Dan Spivey, Joe Malenko, and Paul "Big Show" Wight were also named as customers.

Miller said it'd be nice if sports were clean, but he'd do it again if he could "just to help the guys." Presumably, he means the ones still alive. Ultimately, though, he says maybe sports shouldn't exist, period. "We should watch movies instead of watching them get torn up. He said they don't deserve the beating they get for our entertainment.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/conten...roids_1021.html

The thing is... Flair hasn't looked big in years. I mean at least a decade... possibly more. Now back in the 80's and real early 90's... yeah, Flair was ripped.

The thing is... Flair hasn't looked big in years. I mean at least a decade... possibly more. Now back in the 80's and real early 90's... yeah, Flair was ripped.

Flair also looked fantastic for a man approaching his 60th birthday. It's nearly impossible to look that good at his age.

Flair was in really good shape the first year of his WWE return. Look at him vs. Undertaker at WM18 and then in HHH's corner the next year at WM19. He looks like he aged 10 years in 1 year. You can tell primarily from his hair. It started to become thin and frizzy, which Flair started compensating for and still does by drenching his hair before he comes out.

The Rumble match with Vince happened more than 5 years ago, it's normal for someone in his fifities to age considerably during this period.

Flair must be on something anyway, be it steroids or pain pills. It's not normal that, after a lifetime of taking bumps and punishement, you continue to wrestle at 60. Even Terry Funk, the guy who had the most retirements in the business, knew when to stop.

The Rumble match with Vince happened more than 5 years ago, it's normal for someone in his fifities to age considerably during this period.

Did you even read anything we said?

Flair must be on something anyway, be it steroids or pain pills. It's not normal that, after a lifetime of taking bumps and punishement, you continue to wrestle at 60. Even Terry Funk, the guy who had the most retirements in the business, knew when to stop.

I assume Terry's knee's are reduced to sawdust by now (they were bad many moons ago when they were making Beyond the Mat) so I can only image he had to retire if he wanted to walk again.

Asides from the back injury Flair had years ago, he really doesn't have any "major" injury that should have physically slowed him down. But like you said, the man is in his 60's, and a career of body abuse has got to take some toll. I'd say he is taking a cocktail of painkillers and steroids (so he can stay in decent shape when he can get a decent workout)

Guest Floridian Cool

You can tell that Flair is on roids because he's actually pretty fucking jacked underneath all of the loose skin, and he's also got the trademark swollen nose/face ala Vince.

34.jpg

09.jpg

18.jpg

62.jpg

59.jpg

86.jpg

flairbrock.jpg

05.jpg

53.jpg

15.jpg

eugeneflair.jpg

Guest Floridian Cool

May as well be 70 with the way he's lookin' now.

Dude's gone from the first pic to the mug shot in like...the span of 1-2 years. I think 2003 was when he started juicing (first time I noticed how haggard he was looking was when he wrestled HHH on RAW a few years ago).

40515519412a5-31-1.jpgricflairmug1.jpg

May as well be 70 with the way he's lookin' now.

Dude's gone from the first pic to the mug shot in like...the span of 1-2 years. I think 2003 was when he started juicing (he looked haggard as hell when he wrestled HHH on RAW).

40515519412a5-31-1.jpgricflairmug1.jpg

There's a big difference between a professional studio picture and a police mugshot.

I think the thing that's changed on Flair the most imo is his hair has thinned and his facial features seem to droop a little more, which comes with age. When he first came in he still had a little bit of youth to his looks, maybe going back on the road full time has aged him.

I thought the same thing. Coming back to WWE full time probably didn't help him in preserving what he had left. For the last few months of WCW, they only had one day of TV since Nitro and Thunder were taped on the same day and then a PPV once a month with absolutely no house shows. Pretty easy schedule.

WCW didn't run any house shows at all in the last few months? I wonder when they stopped, since I went to a house show in July 2000, which had a main event of Booker vs. Jarrett. There were maybe 2,000 people in a nearly 20,000 seat building.

Guest Smues

You got Booker/Jarrett around that time? No fair. I went to a house show around that same time period and our main event was Kevin Nash vs. Jeff Jarrett, and boy did it suck. The card did list a Booker T (GI Bro actually) vs. Sting match, but guess what the one match was on the card that didn't happen? Thanks WCW. Did people throw tons of shit into the ring at your houseshow too?

WCW didn't run any house shows at all in the last few months? I wonder when they stopped, since I went to a house show in July 2000, which had a main event of Booker vs. Jarrett. There were maybe 2,000 people in a nearly 20,000 seat building.

You may have just squeaked in. They started taping Nitro and Thunder on the same day in August 2000, so that's likely when they house shows stopped too.