TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO 10/29 Raw Thread

Seriously, fuck the E. Fuck the E so hard. He hasn't even come back and they're already shitting all over Jericho.

The cynic in me thinks they are pissed for the angle leaking so they're pulling some shenanigans with it... basically trying to kill it out of the gate.

Or maybe Jericho wasn't lying in interviews, and the promos actually were never supposed to be for him. If that's the case, Vince will run the promos for as long as possible to get people anticipating a Jericho return that isn't even happening.

Now that would be funny. It's 2010 and in continues to air as it continues its running gag on WWE TV.

Or maybe Jericho wasn't lying in interviews, and the promos actually were never supposed to be for him. If that's the case, Vince will run the promos for as long as possible to get people anticipating a Jericho return that isn't even happening.

Now that would be funny. It's 2010 and in continues to air as it continues its running gag on WWE TV.

It's gonna turn out like GTV.

Alright, Raw replay's on at midnight. From what I've gathered, this show's been disappointing, but I'm a fuckin Santino mark. Is it worth it for me to stay up till, oh 1:50 to watch his promo?

Nah, just watch in on YouTube tomorrow.

They could get a couple PPV buys for it. Just drop the name of the next PPV in the promo and boom, people will buy expecting Jericho, when they never promised Jericho at all.

I call for In Your House: Save US 229!

Well, it seems that the build for Jericho is getting closer.

Wow....clever.

What a putz

Listen, I am trying to stay positive on this. No matter how much I was hopping for the Jericho appearance.

Wow....clever.

What a putz

Listen, I am trying to stay positive on this.

You think I didn't see the "Go back under the rock you crawled from" before you editted it? Nice try....way to be positive.

Wow....clever.

What a putz

You think I didn't see the "Go back under the rock you crawled from" before you editted it? Nice try....way to be positive.

Fine. I thought the show was mediocre and you thought it was terrible. Is that an accurate assessment?

Wow....clever.

What a putz

Fine. I thought the show was mediocre and you thought it was terrible. Is that an accurate assessment?

Not so much terrible......I'm just annoyed that they spent 2 hours building to next weeks show. IT was like a waste of time. The show after a PPV is supposed to be the big one.

Wow....clever.

What a putz

Not so much terrible......I'm just annoyed that they spent 2 hours building to next weeks show. IT was like a waste of time. The show after a PPV is supposed to be the big one.

You know what? I am in agreement with your statement for the most part. The show after the ppv is suppose to be the big one, and they didn't hit the home run they needed. All they could muster was a seeing eye single.

I tuned in hoping to see Jericho. I should have known better. Instead I got a reminder why I almost never watch RAW anymore. What a boring fucking show. You can count me in the camp that's lost patience already. The window to hook me in has closed and I don't plan on watching RAW again any time soon.

Also, does it annoy anyone else that these videos run and nobody on the fucking show acknowledges them?! Maybe the "suspense" would be more palatable if other characters were playing along with it and the audience wasn't alone in wondering either what the fuck it's about or when the fuck it's going to be paid off. It really doesn't hold up well isolated as it is. Have the announcers speculate, have Vince/Regal/Coach speculate, have Grisham/talent make brief mention during promo time...etc. etc.

Re: The Santino segment. Santino is entertaining but that segment was terrible and teasing Austin like that (causing the crowd to boo the namedrop!) was asinine. They've been teasing this for how long? Why not just pay it off? Or at the very least get Austin out there but let Santino avoid the stunner for another week. Santino and this angle aren't that good and Austin's act isn't that exciting.

If Austin just comes out and stuns Santino and that's the end of it, then well.......... good job boys.

What should happen is that Austin almost gets the stunner but Santino just clocks him.

Yeah, I know it won't happen.

Also, does it annoy anyone else that these videos run and nobody on the fucking show acknowledges them?! Maybe the "suspense" would be more palatable if other characters were playing along with it and the audience wasn't alone in wondering either what the fuck it's about or when the fuck it's going to be paid off. It really doesn't hold up well isolated as it is. Have the announcers speculate, have Vince/Regal/Coach speculate, have Grisham/talent make brief mention during promo time...etc. etc.

Re: The Santino segment. Santino is entertaining but that segment was terrible and teasing Austin like that (causing the crowd to boo the namedrop!) was asinine. They've been teasing this for how long? Why not just pay it off? Or at the very least get Austin out there but let Santino avoid the stunner for another week. Santino and this angle aren't that good and Austin's act isn't that exciting.

First part: The WWE rarely acknowledges these type of things on-air, although they did acknowledge Jericho's countdown during his initial debut. When Taz debuted, I don't recall them acknowledging his teaser videos.

As for the Santino segment...

"They've been teasing this for how long? Why not just pay it off?"

That whole segment, to me at least, was the WWE's way of saying, "Jericho isn't coming tonight... you guys will believe anything." It just happened to change the names around.

Looking at this HHH-HBK duo once again, is someone going to turn on the other again? HHH pedigrees HBK? HBK superkicks HHH?

I think the best scenerio would be they team up and Montreal Orton at Survivor Series. If they really want to go back in time, why not? Then HBK can defend the title at Armaggedon vs. Ken Shamrock, and HHH can battle Slaughter in a boot camp match.

I'm calling it right now........Jericho is coming back on 11/19.

The new video says launch and then 19. Nov. 19 happens to be a Monday. Don't expect him until then.

The videos have a religious tone to them though. With the "savior" and the "rev. 2:25" references. It would be funny if it was the return of Mordecai.

I agree with nearly everyone here, this Jericho build is going on entirely too long. They started out with something interesting and a bit unique with the SaveUs bits, but now it's lasted so long that it's almost starting to have the opposite effect.

Ah well. I did at least enjoy Jeff and Harry getting the win tonight. And Marella might be the best guy in the company right now on the mic. Every week he comes up with something different that is hilarious.

That whole segment, to me at least, was the WWE's way of saying, "Jericho isn't coming tonight... you guys will believe anything." It just happened to change the names around.

I think you're over-analyzing. Can't say that Jericho crossed my mind during that segment. It just seemed like your typical WWE bait and switch designed to drag as much ratings out of as little delivery as possible. People know that Austin was at the PPV so they may expect/assume him to be at RAW, they set up the Santino segment to make it look like he'll interrupt, and then tell the audience that they need to tune in next week.

Of course Austin is so far beyond the point of being a ratings mover that the effect will be negligible, they've just been using the same tired tricks for so long they don't know any other way to book a "cliffhanger" at this point. Same old shit.

Looking at this HHH-HBK duo once again, is someone going to turn on the other again? HHH pedigrees HBK? HBK superkicks HHH?

I think the best scenerio would be they team up and Montreal Orton at Survivor Series. If they really want to go back in time, why not? Then HBK can defend the title at Armaggedon vs. Ken Shamrock, and HHH can battle Slaughter in a boot camp match.

Well if that's the case they might as well bring back Chyna to.

Well if that's the case they might as well bring back Chyna to.

Forgot about her, and as for Rude, we may have problems there.

If USA is on this time portal trip, we might as well get a HHH vs. HBK title match, similar to that classic for the European title 10 years ago.

Seriously, fuck the E. Fuck the E so hard. He hasn't even come back and they're already shitting all over Jericho.

The cynic in me thinks they are pissed for the angle leaking so they're pulling some shenanigans with it... basically trying to kill it out of the gate.

Brain_animated_color_nevit.gif

Anyone w/ one of these ^ could tell it was Jericho.

Here's my list of positives:

Victoria was great tonight

There was something "off" with tonight's Vince and HBK promo but the two of them facing off always seems interesting. I like whenever Vince reminds Shawn that there is still a bad guy inside of him, partly because I'd really like to see Shawn have a heel run. I'd really like to see him doing some kind of arrogant smart ass I'm more righteous than you type thing.

I like the fact that the undercard stuff like Cody/Holly and Shelton/Haas, Hardy/Kennedy, Carlito/Smith, London/Kendrick - Trevor/Cade - Highlanders - Mickie James, Beth Phoenix, etc. all have storylines. They aren't just throwing matches out there with little reason.

Trevor Murdoch, Mickie James and Lance Cade played their segment perfectly.

Beth Phoenix cut a decent good promo

I like the idea of Vince molding Hornswoggle into a McMahon, maybe with him having alterior motives initially but warming up because Hornswoggle shows him he has McMahon tendencies, I still think this needs to end up with Hornwoggle as Mini Vince.

SANTINO!!!!! F**k the haters. You can all go to Philadelphia and see the Tom Hanks with the AIDS.

Whenever someone legitimately goes down like Candice Michelle, they need to sell it like they did tonight. People forget this crap is dangerous.

Jeff Hardy is MAD OVER

HHH has cool shirts.

hm, I enjoy your positives. However, the severe blue-balling tis organization is committing with the save_us bullshit is making RAW suuuch a chore to watch. Lately part of why I enjoy ECW/SD much more (which I always do anyway) is because there, I know I won't get teased with any of this crap. Huzzah for neglected brands I say!

hm, I enjoy your positives. However, the severe blue-balling tis organization is committing with the save_us bullshit is making RAW suuuch a chore to watch. Lately part of why I enjoy ECW/SD much more (which I always do anyway) is because there, I know I won't get teased with any of this crap. Huzzah for neglected brands I say!

Yeah, I'm tired of the blue balling with the save_us stuff too but I can't get pissed because it's not like they promised me that tonight. It makes sense to build suspense. I just don't understand why they can't do something different. The video has never appeared on the Titan Tron. Like why not have it appear in the middle of matches and have the contestants and the announcers weirded out as to who's coming and what it all means? Why not do things like darken the arena with a voice whispering Save Us? Have wwe.com hacked with some kind of Flash save_us screen. It's not delaying the payoff that gets to me, it's the fact that they don't do new interesting things each week!

Yeah, I'm tired of the blue balling with the save_us stuff too but I can't get pissed because it's not like they promised me that tonight. It makes sense to build suspense. I just don't understand why they can't do something different. The video has never appeared on the Titan Tron. Like why not have it appear in the middle of matches and have the contestants and the announcers weirded out as to who's coming and what it all means? Why not do things like darken the arena with a voice whispering Save Us? Have wwe.com hacked with some kind of Flash save_us screen. It's not delaying the payoff that gets to me, it's the fact that they don't do new interesting things each week!

I also wonder what portion of the audience are absolutely clueless about these videos since they are so easy to miss during commercial breaks or while fast forwarding a tape or DVR/Tivo. It's supposed to be a viral campaign and that usually involves cryptic messages and images seen by millions through every means necessary. Of course, the arena would be a target along with the tv audience, website, magazine, text messaging services, etc. I really don't think there is much of a buzz about these videos beyond the people at the arenas that are semi-smart to the Internet or have friends online feeding them info.

RAW was a major waste of time last night. They were setting up things for future shows but didn't give us anything to keep us watching tonight (though the Santino segment was classic). They still haven't pulled the trigger on Jericho, but god willing, it will be sooner rather then later. Also, I really don't like how they turned Harry...oh, I mean DH Smith into a generic wrestler with generic music and ring gear