TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

NFL WEEK NINE!! All my exes live in Texas.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

CIN @ BUF

SF @ ATL

DEN @ DET

GB @ KC

SD @ MIN

JAC @ NO

WAS @ NYJ

CAR @ TEN

ARI @ TB

SEA @ CLE

HOU @ OAK

A couple of AFC teams that are pretty decent.

DAL @ PHI

BAL @ PIT

You know what's bullshit?

This is probably the only market in the country (barring a Raiders sellout) that will not get Pats/Colts. Instead, we're forced to see the wonderful Texans/Raiders game.

Cowboys win in Philly, but it's closer than it should be. T.O. does not catch a touchdown.

So, Kellen Clemens is starting for the Jets this week, meaning that the trip to the bar isn't a complete loss regardless of the result. Judging by the response he got from throwing the interception at the end of last week's game, it might only be two quarters before the crowd is clamoring for Marques Tuiasosopo.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

The attitudes from the Colts fans here are totally bloodthirsty. This is really one of my favorite rivalries in all of sports right now, since both of these teams are unquestionably at the top of the game, and both teams are easily hated. As much as I want to talk a ton of shit about how much I can't stand New England like I tend to do, I'm just going to watch this game and enjoy it. If New England wins, I won't shamelessly hate on them the rest of the year, but if Indy wins, I'm going Marvin in Blue on everybody.

With the Bears on a bye, my attention will be undivided.

Carlos Rogers out for the year with knee ligament damage. Ugh. Well the Redskins travel to the meadlowlands this week, where they never play very well. Fortunately, they are playing the Jets and not the Giants.

Redskins 24

Jets 10

You know what's bullshit?

This is probably the only market in the country (barring a Raiders sellout) that will not get Pats/Colts. Instead, we're forced to see the wonderful Texans/Raiders game.

Cleveland will also miss out.

I have this feeling that Indy/New England is going to be over by the third quarter. I just don't know who's going to be on top.

Is it even possible to live up to the hype?

Of course, I asked the same question before last year's AFC title game and, well, it kinda did.

Whoever loses this game will win the Super Bowl.

Unless Brady and/or Manning get hurt for the season, then all bets are off on who wins the damn thing.

It will be very difficult for the loser of NE/Indy to even get to the Super Bowl, since they likely wouldn't get home field in the playoffs. I can see the Pats winning in the RCA Dome more than the Colts winning at Foxboro though. Just wondering but why didn't NBC get this game for the Sunday night game so that everyone in the country could see it?

Here are my picks:

CIN @ BUF: Oh dear. Buffalo is actually decent at home and with a win could get to .500. Of course they will screw it up. Bengals by 3.

SF @ ATL: This is like the blind meeting the blind here. The Niners can't score at all though, so I'll take the Falcons in a 14-13 type game.

DEN @ DET: Feel the awesomeness of the....Lions?! Denver so does not rock my world, so I'll take the Lions by 10.

GB @ KC: The Chiefs are winning some games but I can't figure out precisely how. Favre will find some way to win at Arrowhead. Packers by 6.

SD @ MIN: Chargers look to be back on track with a healthy string of jobbers to squash. SD by 14.

JAC @ NO: I think the Saints are back on track as well, and besides isn't Quinn Gray starting again for the Jags? Saints by 7.

WAS @ NYJ: The Redskins need a win big time after the degrading beatdown last week. The Jets are tailor made for that. Washington by 8.

CAR @ TEN: Carolina can win on the road, but they suck at home. Thus: Carolina 21-17.

ARI @ TB: Tampa needs a win having dropped 2 straight. Enter the Cardinals. It will be close though. Bucs by 3.

SEA @ CLE: I have no idea what to make of either of these teams. What the hell, I'll take the Browns at home by 7.

HOU @ OAK: Texans are struggling after a decent start. The Raiders aren't actually THAT bad despite their record, so I'll take them by 5.

NE @ INDY: I am not sure either way who will win this, but this is one I'll be glued to the screen to see. I'll say the Colts win this by 3 points on a Vinatieri FG at the buzzer, 38-35. Then the Colts turn around the next week and lose at San Diego.

DAL @ PHI: Does the world really need the Eagles making another run at the playoffs? If Romo doesn't screw it up (which can be a big if) the Cowboys should win. Dallas by 7.

BAL @ PIT: The Ravens are perplexing this year with their QB situation. I'm not a big Roethisberger fan, but I would take him over Kyle Boller. Steelers by 10.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
They still got their lunchpails, though.

The Bears haven't even been a blue-collar team under Lovie Smith. I don't care if being a Cover-2 advocate makes me a smart white-collar football fan. Doug Buffone is right: just go back to beating the shit out of people. This thing stopped working.

Kinda hard to do when your quarterback doesn't know which color jersey he's supposed to be throwing to week to week. Screw it, get Kyle Orton back in there. Yeah, he sucks. Yeah, he's god damn horrible in every way possible and has no shot in hell of moving the ball down the field in a consistent manner. But he went to PURDUE.

That's my whole reason. He went to Purdue.

Guest Gym Class Fallout

Kyle Orton would work if we had a running game, but we don't, because Cedric Benson is now worthless. Big oops. We have no receivers other than Greg Olsen. The offense ceased to exist. I blame Rex Grossman. There's no defense either, because Arhuleta forgot how to play, and Brian Urlacher is two years from being wheelchair-bound.

Kellen Clemens will rock your socks off.

If the defense plays well, the Jets will win their 2nd game. I don't think Washington has enough to prepare for Clemens, and the offense will be different with him in there instead of Chad Pennington.

How much of it is Benson and how much of it is the Bears offensive line? I know Benson always seemed like a short spell back at best, but is the line solid and it's just all him or is the line also crap?

I don't think I've ever seen Green Bay win in Kansas City.

I was curious, so I looked it up and Green Bay hasn't beaten KC at all since 1987.

The Chiefs have won five meetings since then, including a win over the SB champion Packers of '96... ironically, a year which many pegged the Chiefs and Packers to meet in the Super Bowl.

Guest Gym Class Fallout
How much of it is Benson and how much of it is the Bears offensive line? I know Benson always seemed like a short spell back at best, but is the line solid and it's just all him or is the line also crap?

It's everything. The line went from veteran to old. Benson just isn't a smart runner, though, and kind of an ass, as we saw a lot last year. I don't think he's really the right guy for the job. Thomas Jones was no Walter Payton, but that platoon system made the most out of their strengths. Benson simply can't be relied on.

Beating the shit out of people doesn't really require a QB. It requires a lights out RB which we do not have. (Czech got it)

The 6-1 Packers have one of the worst running attacks in the league. Granted they're not beating the shit out of people, but they certainly show that a lights out RB is not required.

They also have the luxury of a Hall of Fame QB. Bears do not. Both teams are built differently anyways. When people think of Chicago historically, they think a tough as nails running back grinding out those tough yards and a defense murdering opponents.

I've read that Benson's longest run is 16 on the season and he has no burst to make the big run. Also that he tends to go down on first contact pretty easily/often. True or is the line partially (mostly?) to blame?

Guest Gym Class Fallout
They also have the luxury of a Hall of Fame QB. Bears do not. Both teams are built differently anyways. When people think of Chicago historically, they think a tough as nails running back grinding out those tough yards and a defense murdering opponents.

They're not under Lovie, though. They're supposed to bend but not break. However, they sure fuckin' break a lot.