TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tzar Lysergic

NFL WEEK NINE!! All my exes live in Texas.

A Ravens win tonight puts them in a 3 way tie in the AFC North with Pittsburgh and Cleveland. But Im starting to worry now that I hear that the Ravens wont have either of their starting CB (McCallister or Rolle) due to injuries..ugh

No I don't think you understand. Sammy Morris is a scrub. Marvin Harrison, and a starting left tackle aren't scrubs. It's way easier to adjust when a freaking backup RB goes down. Way to go. Good job. Genius.

They also adjusted when they had to play without one of their All-Pro defensive lineman for seven games, their best safety for four games, their tight end for two games and their starting running back for three games. But hey, who's counting, right?

And don't talk to me about offensive depth. If Brady can take the Patriots to the AFC Championship with Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney and running back by committee, Manning should be able to win with Wayne, Clark and Addai. He is Superman, isn't he?

Harrison is not a scrub, but he's not the player he once was. It's Reggie Wayne's show now. Even Addai has more TD receptions this year. I know it's hard to watch football while Mangini is losing his job before your eyes, but take a look around the league.

HAHAHA Mangini sucks Good one! Maybe if you weren't busy slurping on Belishithead's cock all the time you would realize that just because one guy has become a great reciever, doesn't mean the other one isn't sorely messed. If you didn't notice, Wayne had a subpar game. Gee, I wonder why? Not to mention that they played without their starting left tackle. That's a bunch of shit to adjust to when you have fucking Moss, Stallworth, and Welker on the same team. It's not even close to being the same adjustment, adjusting to fucking Sammy Morris not being there. What Brady had last year was the best team they could put out. What Manning had in yesterday's game was an offense that was half depleted.

There's a difference between adjusting to the fucking Dolphins without your starting RB than adjusting to the Pats without 2 receivers, and a left tackle. It's incomparable.

Browns win!

I actually watched this one more than NE/IND toward the end. Terrific game, and a great win for Cleveland. I really think they have a shot at getting the last playoff spot in the AFC.

I agree there. In years past, the defense would play pretty good up until the last 2:00. Now, it's the other way around. Plus, their offense is ridiculous (by Browns' standards). 3rd and longs aren't automatic punts and going into the red zone doesn't cue up Dawson for a short FG anymore. If they can split their next 2 games (Steelers and Ravens), their last 6 are very winnable (AZ, SF, CIN, BUF, NYJ, and HOU) and should be enough to squeeze them into the playoffs.

Guest tonyjaymzretro
Browns win!

I actually watched this one more than NE/IND toward the end. Terrific game, and a great win for Cleveland. I really think they have a shot at getting the last playoff spot in the AFC.

I agree there. In years past, the defense would play pretty good up until the last 2:00. Now, it's the other way around. Plus, their offense is ridiculous (by Browns' standards). 3rd and longs aren't automatic punts and going into the red zone doesn't cue up Dawson for a short FG anymore. If they can split their next 2 games (Steelers and Ravens), their last 6 are very winnable (AZ, SF, CIN, BUF, NYJ, and HOU) and should be enough to squeeze them into the playoffs.

wow that is an easys trecth of games at the end for the browns...I see them beating the Ravens again, losing to steelers, and in that strect dropping t the Bills....if thats true then they will have had an awesome season....Brady who?

I overheard someone throw out Romeo Crennel's name as an early candidate for coach of the year. I couldn't tell if he was being serious, but it's an interesting thought regardless.

Aside from the 49ers 27-point comeback against New York, the 2002 playoffs have easily been the most forgettable this decade

The Ravens are definitely screwed when it comes to playoff hopes out of the AFC North considering the cupcake schedules the steelers and browns have.

The Steelers have the Ravens, Browns, Jets, Dolphins, Bengals, Patriots, Jaguars, Rams and Ravens.

The Ravens have the Steelers, Browns, Bengals, Chargers, Patriots, Colts, Dolphins, Seahawks and Steelers

One of my few optimistic points about the Ravens schedule is that 3 of the 4 division games are at home, and the Pats/Colts games are in Baltimore as well.

I'm not a huge Pats fan but the PI calls really did screw them over. There were two totally bogus calls and another called on the wrong side of the ball where the Colts player hugged the defensive back and still got the call.

Pats didn't look very sharp but that made the game a lot closer than it deserved to be.

Not sure I agree with that. The Colts only got field goals out of both drives where the sketchy PI calls came down and both calls came inside of New England territory in the first place. It's not unlikely that the results (two FGs) would have remained the same, even in the event that those calls didn't happen.

It was a great game where New England made one more play than the Colts. (Specifically, the forced fumble late in the 4th that iced the game.) It's not much consolation, but the Colts probably outplayed the Patriots for the first three quarters, despite losing Harrison and (more importantly) Tony Ugoh. The rematch should be very interesting.

Brady was on the radio and explained why he yelled at the officials at the end of the game. The Colts were simulating the snap in order to confuse the Pats and tried to call a fumble. Brady was mad that it wasn't called.

Aside from the 49ers 27-point comeback against New York, the 2002 playoffs have easily been the most forgettable this decade

The Jets beat the shit out of the Colts 41-0 that year. It was the magical Pennington run that ended against Oakland.

I don't consider the 2002 playoffs to have actually happened.

See, I couldn't even remember my own most hated team getting humiliated on their home turf for the first time ever

That's how forgettable that postseason was.

I don't consider the 2002 playoffs to have actually happened.

See, I couldn't even remember my own most hated team getting humiliated on their home turf for the first time ever

That's how forgettable that postseason was.

Wasn't that the year the Eagles lost the NFC championship game in the last NFL game played at the Vet? That's pretty notable...

Guest Pizza Hut's Game Face

The Tommy Maddox comeback game was memorable, even though I was sorta pulling for the Browns to actually win a game.

The Ravens are definitely screwed when it comes to playoff hopes out of the AFC North considering the cupcake schedules the steelers and browns have.

The Steelers have the Ravens, Browns, Jets, Dolphins, Bengals, Patriots, Jaguars, Rams and Ravens.

The Ravens have the Steelers, Browns, Bengals, Chargers, Patriots, Colts, Dolphins, Seahawks and Steelers

One of my few optimistic points about the Ravens schedule is that 3 of the 4 division games are at home, and the Pats/Colts games are in Baltimore as well.

I don't know how you can say Pittsburgh's schedule is a cupcake compared to Baltimore's with a straight face. They only have two differing opponents the entire season.

Guest Pizza Hut's Game Face

Oh, no, you're not bitching about strength of schedule within your own division, are you? Marvin, who you crappin'?

LOL

NBC moved the Week 11 Pats@Bills game to SNF

That blows. I have tickets to that game and have to work in Boston on Monday morning.

LOL

NBC moved the Week 11 Pats@Bills game to SNF

That blows. I have tickets to that game and have to work in Boston on Monday morning.

Ouch. That's an awfully late night as I remember going to a game a couple years ago, and it took 4 hours after the game just to get out of the parking lot.

As someone who was inconvenienced by the league switching the Dallas/NO game last year, I feel your pain.

Flex scheduling is stupid and often fucks over the paying customer. Not that the league cares since they're all about the TV dollars, but come on. There are some people that travel from out of town to see these games and you often completely screw them over by changing the times like this.

Hey! The Bucs won the Super Bowl that year. That was easily the most memorable playoff year this decade because I have T-shirts to remind me that it happened.