TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7 Discussion Thread - November 2007

People need to check out Kerry Von Erich's promo in the WCCW show. 4 words: coked, up, fur, coat.

LOL.....that dude is absolutely trashed in that interview. The fur coat adds to it even more

Kerry sees the video of the cage slamming his head---- "OH, what the ......did you see that......man....maaaaaaaaaan......can you run that video back again?"

It's also funny seeing Michael Hayes and Kevin Von Erich in the pre and post show segments because Hayes is always talking about behind the business and closed doors (reality), and Von Erich for some reason just continues to keep everything kayfabe despite Hayes trying to have non-kayfabe conversations. Here's an example:

Hayes ---- "That's why I love that age and think it's the golden age of wrestling. You didn't have to rush everything and we would slowly build to matches and rivalries and take our time to make the fans want it more"

Von Erich ---- "Yeah, and the fans don't know how hard it was for all of us not to get into fights in the locker rooms everyday"

Hayes ---- ".......................yeah"

I noticed that too and wasn't sure what to think. On one hand I thought Von Erich was trying to keep in kayfabe, but maybe he could have also meant that the Von Erichs and Freebirds had some kind of backstage heat and really did almost come to blows.

Kerry's interview was hilarious. Imagine him being stoned as hell and saying "Man when I meet up with Hayes and Gordy I am going to cripple both of them!" It would be like Van Dam at his most wasted saying something like that.

they going to show starcade 98 huh? ok, but I dont recall if benoit wrestled that night, if he did you know itd be erased. but maybe he was seen during the flair-bischoff match?.

ss 87 won the poll? ok, I have never seen it in full (just the main event on the sur series 06 dvd, and the ladies match o n24/7 earlier in the year, so i guess I can see the what other two matches? lol)

vote fo starrcade 92 indeed, the sting-vader match rocks of course, and I loved the lethal lottery for some reason

Benoit definitely wasn't on the card for '98. He may have somehow been involved with Flair-Bischoff. That's a really lame show outside of the first two matches. I mean Prince Iaukea-Norman Smiley and Jerry Flynn and Fit Finlay Vs nWo B-teamers on what's supposed to be the biggest show of the year? What the fuck. Plus you've got the cheesy as hell ending to the main event, Bischoff beating Flair (and then having the blowoff for the feud on Nitro the next night), and Jericho jobbing to Konnan.

It's easy to see why WCW went bust, they always managed to fuck up their big show.

They cut this out of the latest RAW-

- In what was hands down one of the worst segments on RAW in quite some

time, the show is interrupted by a figure on the ramp. He identifies

himself as the Commandante, the commanding officer of the Truth

Commission from South Africa. He says he and his commandoes are in

America to study the affects of democracy, and how they have been

corrupted by crime. He calls us "sissy, liberal Americans". This was

pretty much a lengthy set up to show a brief clip of Bret Hart being well

recieved in South Africa (carrying their flag as he went to the ring).

Brief comments from Hart are played as well, taking shots at Steve Austin,

Shawn Michaels and Sycho Sid. The Commandante announces that next week's

RAW will feature footage from the WWF's tour in Johannesburg. McMahon

later adds that we'll also see footage from Kuwait City. The segment ends

with a shot of Bret Hart on the cover of the WWF Magazine along with Bart

Simpson, hyping Bret's appearance on that show (well, his voice anyway),

later this month. Shawn is shown in the back and he reminds Bret that

"The Simpsons" is just a cartoon, and not indivative of the average

American family.

Got that from Slobberknocker Central.

And this HBK interview is pretty awesome

American family.

Oh I wonder if we'll be treated to footage of Vader's wonderful time in Kuwait. :D

Did anyone notice on http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwe247/ that it says new roundtable on Thanksgiving!!

Yeah, I saw we were going to get a new round-table show this month. I can't wait... those shows are easily the best thing on WWE 24/7, and I'm glad they are doing new episodes. I curious, though, what the topic will be.

The MNW for this week is the first time I've seen Hector Guerrero without some sort of costume.

Holy shit. You'd think him and Eddie were twins, other than the hair.

oh man that Kerry segment is too much! The only thing I was thinking was "DID YOU GUYS SEE THE SIZE OF THAT CHICKEN!" He's even fucked up when Terry Gordy is wrestling whoever the fuck that was he was wrestling.

Not sure if this is a "technical issue", but does anyone else have TNT listed as expiring in 2 weeks instead of the scheduled 1 week?

I also see WWE.com just did away with the advanced schedule for 24/7 Online's mid-month line-up. Oh well.

American family.

why did they cut that? I remember that happening.

and yea hector looks like eddies twin, when I saw him on tna this year, it was like watching eddie come out again, save for the hair.

Earlier this evening, I was watching the most recent edition of Monday Night Raw in '93. And I must've been easily amused by Randy Savage going nuts about his microphone not working and stealing Rob Bartlett's.

Guest AndrewisyourHero
was that Melina dressed up as an Indian during Cena's cute little Thanksgiving 03 rap?

Yep.

Also, what the fuck is up with the guy near the end of TNT? "Jimmy Hart, have you been the mouth of the south since puberty?" No one knows what to do, and then Heenan starts in on another guy in the crowd

Guest AndrewisyourHero

I think its at the beginning of either the current MNW or at the start of Most Powerful Families

the beginning of the current MNW. He talks about having sex with Torrie Wilson, Dawn Marie and that one buff black chick that managed the Bashams when they were doing the BDSM gimmick. Then he hits on Melina, dressed as an Indian girl.

Here's what I didn't get, even when I was 10 I didn't understand the kayfabe reason that the booking was out right allowed to say "we have a good guy and bad guy team" at the end of Survivor Series 90. Of course I didn't wonder about things like "kayfabe", but more "aren't they admitting this is fake?"

I never worried about it at all. I mean what were Warrior and Hogan supposed to do, team with Power and Glory? I think it would have been hilarious though if Tito had looked at the odds and said fuck it and joined DiBiase and Co. Then of course he would have gotten his ass kicked like the rest.

I watched that MNW today and the Michaels interview was such self serving bullshit. I loved his idiotic remark that the WWF did its best business in years when he was champion....even at the time I thought that was complete bullshit. That was the exact point when WCW was kicking their asses six ways from Sunday! Oh and how about his comment on Bret leaving in April 1996 in the hope the WWF fell flat on their face with him away, so he could come back and use WCW to make more money. The only problem there is that Bret turned down MORE MONEY from WCW to stay with the WWF. As far as him walking...hell why not? What was in Bret's future for most of 1996 aside from jobbing to Michaels in rematches and maybe working with some midcard guys?

What was that HBK bullshit interview supposed to accomplish? It didn't sell a PPV, it didn't even hype a Bret/Shawn match. Compare it to Mankind's interview later in that show where he hypes how sadistic and violent his match with UT will be at the PPV....that interview made me want to see Mankind vs. UT at a PPV.

There was one good line from HBK in that interview though, where he said about Bret "Your obsession with me and the WWF title will be your ruination." Watching these Raws from 1997 is making me wonder more and more if Montreal was a work....it's just the perfect storyline conclusion for Bret Hart in the WWF, since he was constantly paranoid about being screwed and ripped off.