TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hunter's Torn Quad

Full Impact spoilers for 11/8

Two major stars backstage at TNA for TV tonight

Both Booker T and Scott Hall are there

From WO.com

LIVE TNA IMPACT SPOILERS

Here are the live spoilers from tonight's Impact taping in Orlando.

*In the Fight for the Right final, Christian def. Kaz after AJ Styles and Tomko interfere. Matt Morgan comes down and says he rules it a no contest and since he is in charge while Cornette is away, he makes a rematch between the two in a ladder match at Genesis.

*Gail Kim def. Alexis James (or something like that couldn't really hear the name). After the match Roxxi, ODB and Angel Williams all come down until The Motor City Machineguns makes the save.

*Team 3D def. Abyss and Jay Lethal after Black Reign comes out to brawl with Abyss, who leaves Lethal. After the match, 3D beats on Lethal with belts.

They are taking down the ropes for an amateur takedown challenge.

Takedown challenge: Scott Steiner was beating AJ Styles 4 to 3 before Tomko came down and attacks. Rick Steiner makes the save.

Sting, Samoa Joe,& Eric Young def. Kurt Angle, James Storm and Robert Roode.

Next was an in-ring promo with Scott Hall and Kevin Nash, with some mentions of the Kliq. Hall says he is not Sting's partner. Kurt Angle demands to know who it is. Sting comes back out and says Angle has to wait for Sunday when its showtime. That's the end of the Impact taping.

They are now taping an Xplosion match.

Xplosion: LAX & Sonjay Dutt def. Triple X.

Wow, two weeks worth of good spoliers.

Kaz vs Cage should be excellent and it's nice to see them elevate Kazarian up the ranks. Even if he never got a finish to the fued with Robert Roode.

If Alexis James is the name of whatever girl Gail fought, that's a nice little wink to the smart fans.

I have a feeling that with Hall back in the mix, once this Angle angle is sorted out, we're going to get an Outsiders/Team 3D feud, since they seem intent on feuding them in "dream matches" with the other big teams from back in the day. The Steiners deal was one thing, since they hadn't even been an active team the last few years of WCW, but Hall and Nash have done their Outsiders reunion bit a few times over now.

Kazarian/Christian in a ladder match should be very fun, and Joe/Roode is another fresh match that I think will deliver. It looks like the first spoilers had a misprint as it had said The Steiners ran out and brawled with LAX, but it seems that they're going to be feuding with AJ/Tomko for this next PPV at least. Another fresh match, but it'll likely only be made watchable by AJ bumping like a champ.

Two major stars backstage at TNA for TV tonight

Both Booker T and Scott Hall are there

From WO.com

According to PWInsider.com, Booker T wasn't actually at the tapings.

If Alexis James is the name of whatever girl Gail fought, that's a nice little wink to the smart fans.

I have a feeling that with Hall back in the mix, once this Angle angle is sorted out, we're going to get an Outsiders/Team 3D feud, since they seem intent on feuding them in "dream matches" with the other big teams from back in the day. The Steiners deal was one thing, since they hadn't even been an active team the last few years of WCW, but Hall and Nash have done their Outsiders reunion bit a few times over now.

Who is playing the apparent Mickie James clone or whatever?

Who knows with Hall and Nash other than TNA used them years ago as that alliance w/ Jarrett and it amounted to just about nothing. Here's hoping for the best although I can't even envision these two even working well with anyone at their conditions. Hall maybe still can go, but the impression I get is that Nash isn't getting any better with age.

Man, I hate that there is such little response to the shows now. I realize a lot of this has to do with spoilers, but this was a good show. I've had about enough of a backstage segment with Angle every 20 minutes, but there was a lot of wrestling on the show, and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I was puzzled that Kaz/Cage was done on Impact, as the tournament bracket signified the finals would be at Genesis, but I was very impressed by the match. It was excellent and gives me high opes for Sunday.

The women's match was great, and I really can't complain much about anything other than too many Angle segments. Those could be shortened and combined into two or so, not six.

What I am trying to figure out is why is Angle constantly paranoid about everything? Dude, it is just Scott Hall. Even if Hall turned out to be the mystery man, Angle couldn't just kick his ass? Hall has been out of his prime for nearly 10 years.

The booking of Christian vs. Kaz made me wonder if Kaz might win that ladder match at the PPV. Though I can't wrap my head around Kazarian as the #1 contender.

Man, I hate that there is such little response to the shows now. I realize a lot of this has to do with spoilers, but this was a good show. I've had about enough of a backstage segment with Angle every 20 minutes, but there was a lot of wrestling on the show, and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

I was puzzled that Kaz/Cage was done on Impact, as the tournament bracket signified the finals would be at Genesis, but I was very impressed by the match. It was excellent and gives me high opes for Sunday.

The women's match was great, and I really can't complain much about anything other than too many Angle segments. Those could be shortened and combined into two or so, not six.

I very rarely watch the show because of Tenay and west literally making the show unbearable on their own. But I watched last night and the product is so bad its no wonder no one responds to it. Just everything is bad and corny. On top of that everything still seems rushed.

I honestly think Tna would do better if they got rid of Tenay and West. I swear to god I have never seen or heard two individuals so HORRIBLE at announcing. They are literally like fingers on a chalk board. For example, during the last segment where Hall came out and he did his "hey yo" line, that stupid motherfucking Tenay had to remind us that is his line that he is famous for. A moment later, the crowd is chanting for hall and tenay once again opens his annoying fucking mouth and says the obvious.."well they are happy to see hall" or some stupid shit like that. I swear to god, why do the powers at be at tna let these two fucking jackasses call their show? On top of that they have to remind us EVERY 15 to 20 seconds there is a ppv coming up. They will totally ignore the action in the ring to hype their stupid ppv as if someone who is watching the show is actually going to forget they have a ppv coming up unless they don't say it every 20 fucking seconds.

I never, ever, would have thought I could not watch a wrestling show based primarily on the two people calling the show but they are THAT HORRIBLE. They are donkey dick sucking bad.

Then of course they hype hype hype Hall the entire show and what happens, a 2 minute conversation that really leads to nothing interesting at all. Then sting comes out and we are supposed to be impressed? holy shit that just sucked.

Despite all the talent tna has, its a damn shame the product is so horrible. They could really be something special with the talent they have but they have to have absolute retards running that company to have that much talent and suck this bad. Really blows because we desperately need something other than wwe to watch.

I think a great team for announcing would be Jeremy Borash and Shane Douglas in full fledged "Franchise" mode. Make Don West do backstage interviews. Tenay could make it a three-man booth but for the most part Tenay is just brutal in the lead play-by-play and would be better off having a smaller role.

I dunno about the Tenay and West thing, I think West is more the problem personally and I could most certainly do without him and his really bad color commentary, but it doesnt make it damn near impossible for me to watch ever. You have to consider they are always of the mindset that they are trying to 1) do what they can to sell those ppvs since a small percentage of fans who watch Impact get them and 2) keep viewers who may have just checked out TNA recently on backstories of workers, etc. As a clear example, I thought Tenay did a great job talking up the past history of Kaz in TNA during his match with Christian. Now whether they are doing a good job of accomplishing those tasks is a whole other thing in itself but I at least understand WHY they are doing what they do.

I really havent been feeling Impact at all the last few months, but something worked last night with this one. I was entertained pretty much the whole show and it sold the ppv for me, which may be a first.

The opening Christian-Kaz match was real good for TV opening match standards. Built just about right to lead to another match with them at the ppv. Wow, I can't believe it, they promoted a match at the ppv by showcasing good wrestling from the two. What a concept.

The segments with Angle, Nash, Hall, etc. They were quick in and out but overall, I think I could have done without them. Karen continues her normal shit week to week of trying to seduce guys to figure out things, etc. I did like the ending segment with Hall and Nash to a degree, but the ending of the show with Sting just standing there was kind of WTF to say the least. Wow, what a mind game Sting is playing. *sarcasm*

The actual rest of the wrestling on the show was pretty solid. I liked the women's match for the standards of such - hope to see this new chick again, I think she has some potential there. The Duds match was pretty much a dud, though. The Styles/Steiner amateur whateverthefuckitwas was entertaining for what it was, and the main event was a solid *** 1/4 match.

TNA still has alot to work on with slowing shit down, though. They're giving more time to the matches now, which is a plus, but cutting away from things before they even sink in continues to be an issue. The production end of the show needs a complete overhaul in that sense, it seems like every ten seconds, other than when there is wrestling going on, we get that annoying loud Impact graphic that cuts in and they go to something else immediately.

But overall, at least on this show they seemed to build the ppv somewhat properly. The show to me didnt sound too hot on paper a few weeks ago and the build has been suitable enough to get me to throw down on it - not necessarily for the main event, but for the undercard. Pretty obvious the mystery guy is Booker given the promo for the match and when they mention the mystery man, they cut to a shot of an entrance with huge fire flames erupting from the stage. I don't agree with TNA for waiting for the ppv to reveal Booker too - I think this would have been much better done with vignettes or appearances on a few Impacts before the ppv.

Tenay and West sucking is mostly the office's fault. They literally write down scripted lines for them to read, the camera caught them reading once during a live show. Watch some of the older Nashville stuff to see how they sounded when they weren't being forced to commentate a certain way by the bosses.

Tenay and West sucking is mostly the office's fault. They literally write down scripted lines for them to read, the camera caught them reading once during a live show. Watch some of the older Nashville stuff to see how they sounded when they weren't being forced to commentate a certain way by the bosses.

West in the early days was entertaining. I enjoyed the marky kind of commentator he played, but it was genuine mark as opposed to the shill he is now.

I can see why people are complaing a lot about TNA at the moment, but I've been really enjoying TNA as of late and think it's going on a roll coming out of Bound for Glory.

Kaz/Cage match was great, 6 man tag was great, Team 3D/Lethal/Abyss was passable and the womens match was entertaining and I really dug on all of the women knocking each other out and lifting the gold. The only let down of the show was the takedown challange which was pretty naff. Although AJ has been awesome since he turned heel.

Very true.

The girls name is Alexa Jade, she normally wrestles by the name Alexa Thatcher in smaller indy shows. She's been featured recently in Shimmer and in ROH in one match.

She's smokin.

Dames