TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Smackdown Spoilers - 11/2/07

Crowd was jam packed, mostly with little kids in Rey Mysterio and Batista shirts.

--> JBL and Michael Cole come out.

--> Main event is Batista and Undertaker vs. Mark Henry and The Great Khali.

--> Batista opens the show and says since he beat Taker at Cyber Sunday, they are now 1-1 and are officially tied. Lights go out, bell tolls, and Taker appears in the ring. He challenges Batista to a rematch, which Batista accepts. He goes to leave, but Taker challenges him to a Hell in a Cell, which Batista accepts. Khali and Mark Henry come out and plan on beating Batista and Taker later because the two of them can't work as a team.

--> Promo with Jamie Noble and Vickie. Sound was kinda bad, but from what I got, Noble was complaining about Batista, Taker, and Kane. Vickie booked Jamie against Rey Mysterio.

--> Festus w/ Jesse def. Domino w/ Deuce and Cherry. Bland match. Deuce tries to get involved, but Jesse leaps off the ring steps and stops him. Festus wins with a flapjack.

--> Rey Mysterio def. Jamie Noble. Finlay comes out to do commentary. VERY good match. A lot of back and forth action. Noble mostly works on the arm. Finish is Noble gets hit with the 619, but counters the springboard hurricanrana, attempts a tiger bomb, but Mysterio counters into another hurricanrana for the pin. Post-match, Finlay calls Mysterio a loser and tells him he'll be a loser next week.

--> MVP/Hardy promo. Again, sound was bad. MVP says they are a team, but he is the best. Matt agrees and says MVP can beat anyone. MVP agrees. Matt tells MVP that he is facing Kane.

--> Kane def. MVP. Very boring match. Big Daddy V and Striker come out to distract Kane, but Kane hits the chokeslam for the clean pin. V attacks Kane post match and hits the samoan drop.

--> Mick Foley def. Johnathan Coachman with Hornswoggle McMahon as the special guest referee. I'm pretty sure this won't be on TV. Comedy match with Foley and Hornswoggle double-teaming Coach. Foley gets Socko and Hornswoggle hits a frog splash for the finish.

--> Chuck Palumbo def. Kenny Dykstra. Boring match. Victoria and Michelle McCool got involved. Palumbo wins it with his fall away slam.

--> CM Punk video. He'll be on Smackdown next week.

--> Batista and the Undertaker def. Mark Henry and Khali by DQ. Heels beat down on Batista, who made the hot tag to Taker. Clusterfuck finish that ended with Henry getting a spinebuster and Khali getting a big boot. Batista went to powerbomb Henry when JBL ran in and gave him a Clothesline from Hell. Khali and Henry then beat down Batista and Taker. Show ends with Batista passing out from a bearhug from Henry and Taker passing out from a claw from Khali.

Batista/Taker = Hell in a Cell. FUCK Yeah. I can't wait for this!

Hopefully both of them can go injury free into the PPV...and beyond. Please, no more bad luck.

I haven't watched Smackdown in quite awhile, but I think i will tune in just for Noble vs Mysterio.

Guest jotumare

i have a stupid question.....

there is no No Contest in HIAC matches right?? i remember when Kane debuted he just kicked the crap out of Taker and Shawn made the cover (the thing I don't remember is if the ref was out cold or some BS like that.... :P)

because if Edge is supposed to return at SS, i guess he's going to interfere in the title match, and i would be really stupid to waste a Hell in a Cell match in a none finish...

i know that it sound weird that a brutal match like HIAC ends in a NC o DQ....but i just don't remember :P

Maybe a match with both Batista and Undertaker is in the cards for a short comeback?

there is no No Contest in HIAC matches right?? i remember when Kane debuted he just kicked the crap out of Taker and Shawn made the cover (the thing I don't remember is if the ref was out cold or some BS like that.... :P)

because if Edge is supposed to return at SS, i guess he's going to interfere in the title match, and i would be really stupid to waste a Hell in a Cell match in a none finish...

i know that it sound weird that a brutal match like HIAC ends in a NC o DQ....but i just don't remember :P

not that I can re-call. If I remember right, the Ref for the HBK/Taker cell match wasn't knocked out but because the match really had no rules, there was nothing he could do about Kane coming in.

Taker vs Batista in Hell in a Cell is going to kick fucking ass! I don't know what it is about the 2 that makes them click so well in the ring, but damn this is going to rule. What is with the pop's Palumbo gets? Has anyone been to a SD taping or house show since Palumbo's return with the biker gimmick? I went to a taping several months ago (in Columbia, SC), and I shit you not, this guy's pop rivaled Batista's.

Could be interesting to see what role (if any) Edge has in the HIAC match. Regarless, with the way Taker and Batista have been clicking in the ring, I am expecting great things from those guys in the cell

I think Morrison vs Punk has Kane/MVP beat and for whatever reason Dkystra/Palumbo is gaining quickly. At least Morrison/Punk and Kane/MVP are usually good matches and have and hold fan interest, can't say the same for Custom Chucky P and Kenny.

Punk on SD! next week? So ECW gets Jesse and Festus, and Jimmy Wang Yang and SD! gets ECW's champion. If Punk loses on SD! I'm done with wwe wrestling. Isn't Morrison vs Punk title match next week on ECW? So Punk is going to wrestle twice? And since SD! is usually taped before ECW, won't the title match be spoiled depending on if Punk comes out with the ECW title or now on SD!?

I don't see how there can be a no contest in a HIAC match. Are we to assume that Edge will come back and run in? It is a bit odd to basically announce he will be running in with a chainsaw.

He should hide under the ring. That way, when the cage lowers and no one can get in, he is already inside.

Edge sawing himself into the ring from below rather than through the cell would be even sicker.

This HIAC should have been at Judgment Day... It WILL Be Match of the Year and then some! Im Ecstatic!!! AND We have Orton vs Michaels.. Double Whammy!

Okay I am with you on UT vs. Batista in the HIAC with Edge having a chainsaw, but not so much Orton vs. Michaels with the inevitable 10th anniversary of the Montreal screwjob.

not that I can re-call. If I remember right, the Ref for the HBK/Taker cell match wasn't knocked out but because the match really had no rules, there was nothing he could do about Kane coming in.

Actually no. The ref was bumped, and out of frustration, HBK stomped on the ref a bit. Then the cell door opened for the ref to be taken out, giving Shawn an opening to "escape" leading to the out of cell spots.

Actually no. The ref was bumped, and out of frustration, HBK stomped on the ref a bit. Then the cell door opened for the ref to be taken out, giving Shawn an opening to "escape" leading to the out of cell spots.

No no, it was a camera-man that got bumped, right? Or am I nuts?

No no, it was a camera-man that got bumped, right? Or am I nuts?

The camera man took a bump which let them open the cell, and thats how the spot with Shawn falling off the cell onto the announce table started.

Guest Hasbeen2

Thought the show was a lot better than the spoilers. First I've got to watch it on Friday night in over 2 months.

Thought the show was a lot better than the spoilers. First I've got to watch it on Friday night in over 2 months.

It was a decent show. It was well worth it just to hear and watch JBL toward the end and going on his tirade about people paying the price for crossing his path. His line about being the hunter and being in the dear stand or something was hilarious.