TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JN News

Pizza Hut

Lets not easily give the title to Papa Johns. They used to be something. I remember back then their sauce was easily the best sauce out of the three, tasting somewhat sweet, but just right. Now it's like pizza hut except a little bigger. The sauce ain't what it used to be.

Co fucking sign, glad to see I'm not the only person who's notice that. I use to love Papa John's for it's sauce alone, now it's bullshit.

Lets not easily give the title to Papa Johns. They used to be something. I remember back then their sauce was easily the best sauce out of the three, tasting somewhat sweet, but just right. Now it's like pizza hut except a little bigger. The sauce ain't what it used to be.

Co fucking sign, glad to see I'm not the only person who's notice that. I use to love Papa John's for it's sauce alone, now it's bullshit.

My stomach could never handle the Papa John's sauce. It was always a case of enjoy now (if I was at someone else's place and they ordered), pay later.

Anyway, my wife will only eat Pizza Hut. Attempting to convert her to a local joint (where I'm at it'd be Abruzzo even though it's about a 20 min drive away) has met with emphatic resistance...

The Wal-Mart here (and probably other Super Wal-Mart's) carry these great deli pizzas that take like 12-15 minutes to heat up. They really taste great, and the crust is awesome. It's like 8 bucks for a 16 inch pepperoni pizza or 10 for a 16 inch all-the-meat type pizza.

Pretty good quality for the cash.

Guest Pizza Hut's Game Face

I get various frozen pizzas when in need of cheap sustenance. The generic Jewel-Osco frozen pizzas are pretty good. The crust isn't cardboard, which is nice.

My favorite frozen pizzas are Red Barron Personal Pan pizzas but surprisingly my second favorite is the local generic store brand pizza at Hannaford's. Surprisingly decent. Though I'm a huge fan of almost any frozen pizzas. I lived on Tony's Pizzas when I was a youth.

I like the Red Baron frozen pizzas as well.

As far as the big chains, Rocky Rococo is probably my favorite, though they don't have one in the town where I live anymore. Not a big Pizza Hut fan, though some of their higher end restaurants have some good European-style pizzas. For delivery, I'd rather get Domino's than Pizza Hut.

My school used to have a deal with Pizza Hut where they would take the charge out of the money we had on our meal cards. This was great if you didn't eat too often on campus and had a bunch of people over for the Super Bowl or NCAA tournament. I used to hook some drivers up with mad tips too, even though they forgot my drink half the time.

The worst pizza I've ever eaten was pizza I made myself.

Come to think of it, the worst a lot of food I've ever eaten was food I made myself.

Worst pizza I ever ate was whenever my pops got the Boboli pizza kit with the crust and the sauce. The Boboli crust was awful in itself but the sauce was just as bad. No topping or cheese could save that abomination! Yuck!

2nd worst was Shaws store brand pizza. Salty as fuck. Though nothing Shaws store brand is any good. Shaws is a shitty grocery store in general. I think Consumer Reports rated it 3rd or 4th worst out of 25 or so grocery stores.

Anyone have Strawhat pizza in their area? How about Rico's Pizza?

Mike, I think those were semi-local chains. I miss Straw Hat though. Rico's was hit or miss with me but they did have the extra large pizza that could feed like 30 people.

They sure do. One Pizza will take care of a child's b-day party. I should know I have attended countless ones via my Wife's family.

DiGiornio(Spelling) has a new pizza that comes with a tray to cook it on that I made a few weeks back. That's a pretty damn good pizza. There is also this one brand of pizza that is one of those deep dish pies where the cheese and pepperoni is in the middle and you spread the sauce yourself on top. It's pretty expensive but good. If I think of the name I'll post it.

Guest Smues
Next Pizza Question:

What is the dumbest name of a pizza place you have ever seen?

In Sacramento we have, "Lampost Pizza"

"Pizza & Chinese Dining"

Sure the actual name of the place is "Jewel Lake Pizza & Tea Garden" but the large letters on the building above the entrance says "PIZZA & CHINESE DINING" so that's what most people call it.

Man, I had some Pizza Hut the other day, and I fucking yakked it. I ate the entire large by myself, and then barfed it all up.

Don't regret it at all, that was an extremely pleasurable experience. Eating a whole large pizza and then regurgitating it is so American.

A friend told me he did the same thing out of bordeom with a Dominoes large pizza and the cinnamon dessert thingy they have there and a two liter of Coke.

It's disgusting watching said friend eat sometimes. Besides shoving down his gullet, he puts ketchup on almost everything.

I rarely ate at Pizza Hut's in the past. If I ever did, I had a guaranteed digestion problem because of all the grease. Nevertheless, I actually worked there for three years during my college years. I've sort of developped a kind of immunity to the food, except for the Pan and Stuffed Crust, which are absolutely disgusting. Regular crust or pastas were the way to go. Since I've left the job a few years back, I've only ate there once and I saw that my immunity was gone.

I really wonder how can people can like the pan pizza there, you have no idea how much grease/oil there is in it.

you know dominos in my area, you cant even call them anymore, the number transfers you to the main 800 number and tries to find a local place for you and then connects you to the wrong site. its like they want you to order online. anyhow the only time I have had pizza hut since coming back to ny, it was alright, same as I remembered it. but I dont like to go to chain pizza places when I can go to the local places that have the taste I am used to from ny pizza if that makes sense (it comes from 13 years of eating papa johns-which isnt so bad- and pizz ahut and dominos, plsu local places that ha dlousy pizza, when i live din socal) its kind of acquird taste I guess. I grew up with a certain style, then moved away and they didnt have it, so I appreciated the difference when I visited now and then, and now I am back here.

its like this, whereever you live, you are used to that food they have there and when you try something else, its horrible to you.

however, pizza hut still has good breadsticks, and if you dine in, most places have the lunch buffett which is a pretty cheap lunch by todays standards. bottom line, if you are hungry youll eat it.

Guest Pizza Hut's Game Face
YA GOTTA KNOW HOW TO CATCH

YA GOTTA KNOW HOW TO THROW

fuckin' unreal. Memories of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on VHS. Bossa Nova. Chevy Nova.

Man I just ate Pizza Hut for the first time in a year or two (I got a coupon for a free one topping personal pan pizza after I donated blood) and I'm feeling a bit queasy. And all I had was a sausage personal pan pizza and a small order of cheesy breadsticks.