TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JN News

Pizza Hut

YA GOTTA KNOW HOW TO CATCH

YA GOTTA KNOW HOW TO THROW

fuckin' unreal. Memories of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on VHS. Bossa Nova. Chevy Nova.

Elf Lips.

I got in trouble one time at school for saying "up your rear cow derriere." I got that from Ninja Turtles. Yeah, I remember that ad at the beginning too, CUZ I PLAY RIGHT FIELD, IT'S IMPORTANT TO KNOW

I had some Papa John's for the first time in a while and found they really skimped on the ingredients, mainly the sauce, which was hardly there, though the cheese was spread really thin, as well. Just completely bland and tasteless... it wasn't this way, once upon a time.

Game Face, etc.

you know I like my pizza with not too much sauce. some places overdo it with the sauce in both quantity and taste. but you still got to have some cheese

and grease too, if the pizzas not dripping a little bit of oil, its no good, thats my rule

and I wonder why I gained some weight back since moving back east

I had the unhealthiest eating day ever yesterday:

Breakfast: Apple crumble and custard.

Lunch: Chicken and chips, mars bar.

Tea: Lamb dupiatsa and buttered chicken curry with namb bread and pitta rice.

Munchies: Kebab.

Yeah, it would have been cheaper to just go to one of the quality local Chinese buffets.

Guest Smues

I went to Pizza Hut today and ordered a stuffed crust. Apparantly it was on sale too so I saved four dollars. It was absolutely delicious and re-affirmed my faith in pizza hut. Dear god do I love that pizza.

I had a medium pan supreme from Pizza Hut this weekend. First time I have had one in over a year.

The only pizza place in my town is a small Hot Stuff Pizza and that is medicore at best.

I went to Pizza Hut today and ordered a stuffed crust. Apparantly it was on sale too so I saved four dollars. It was absolutely delicious and re-affirmed my faith in pizza hut. Dear god do I love that pizza.

My girl has thing for Pizza Hut. We got lumpy, soggy stuffed crust a pizza on Sunday. It was a busy night, and the bitch working the front counter was really rude. I just think that the entire crew was too hurried to give flying fuck.

I prefer a local Aussie chain around here than Pizza Hut, but i do like Pizza Hut. I wonder how much different the pizza's are compared to the other side of the globe.

This place I go to do great Mushroom pizzas, and Seafood pizzas. Before that I'd really only been a Ham and Pineapple man.

Guest Magnum Midnight

The trick to ordering Pizza Hut is that you have to leave it sitting out for a couple of hours, thus decreasing your expectations and making the pizza taste better than it is.

Well, that's a big friggin' lie, but we stopped at a Pizza Hut on the way home from a road trip, and it literally tasted better four hours later than it did fresh in the restaurant (yes, we're sadistic bastards that get take out boxes from Pizza Hut).

I like stuffed crust, but the problem is the closest Pizza Hut to here is always out of it.

Hm. I'd probably get Pizza Hut as my last meal if I was being executed, strange as it sounds. I'm almost positive I'd get pizza, but unless I knew of a really good local place wherever the prison was, I know I'd be safe with that. Either pizza or really good Chinese food would be my last meal.

Never had a problem with them really, I mean you get what you pay for I guess. When I go with mates we'll abuse the all you can eat buffet and stay there for hours talking about shit. However, last time we went it was the worst service I've ever had EVER, so as a piss take we wrote emails of complaints to their head office.

1 month later, £20 vouchers and a letter of apology arrived - awesome!

Guest Monty Burns

The lunch buffet is a pretty good deal, it's been extended til 4:00 from my understanding. In some places, they have a dinner buffet on Monday nights too.

Guest My Pal, the Tortoise

Monty Burns can be a third-rate gimmick poster with some retooling.

Guest bigsheep305

My personal favorite pizza is still my own dear mother's homemade, as it's just thick as hell and stuff with meat and other goodness. But as far as "going out" pizza, there was a place nearby called The Original Italian Pie that I would almost kill people to eat at.

The delivery boxes are stacking to stack up at my place. Too busy to cook much lately. Fortunately, none of these boxes are Pizza Hut.

Pizza Hut was by far my fav pizza when I was a kid. Maybe I've grown better tast, maybe I got past the corperate brian washing, but I havn't had Pizza Hut in years. The only national chain I eat is Papa Johns.

Guest Tact

For me, pizza hut is one of my favorite pizza since I was a kid. My wife and I just love their food.

I've never hated Pizza Hut. I think it's much better than Dominos or Papa John's. Whenever I get pizza, the place I go to is a local place called Valentino's (New York style Pizza that's as good as any pizza I had when I traveled to NY), but I do get a craving for Pizza Hut a few times a year.

I had a piece of Pizza Hut a week ago and it wasn't too bad.

They got the Pizza Mia pizzas (3 for $15), but said they weren't as good as the normal pizzas.

Anyone else had one of the Pizza Mia pizzas?

I just had the Pizza Mia pizza for the first time. At the time I had no idea that it was some type of discounted special.....I'd definately say it isn't as good as Pizza Hut's normal Pizza. It isn't gross, (I mean no pizza is) but they definately must be making them different. I figured they started this new promo to compete with Little Caesar's which offer a Large Pepperoni pizza for $5.99 everyday, all day.

Last time I went to Little Caesar's, the pizza was $4 but this was two or three years ago so I'm sure it's changed. The pizza was terrible but the crazy bread was still damn good.

I got another free Pizza Hut personal pan pizza coupon for donating blood. I'm dreading/anticipating using it.

Papa John's has good vegetarian pizza. With veggie pizza the freshness of the ingredients makes all the difference and you can tell their ingredients are just fresher and higher quality than other chains.

I'm not sure if I've ever had another kind of pizza from them though.

Little Ceasers is $5 for a reason. I used to say there's no such thing as a bad pizza, but that was before I had Little Ceasers.

While it's not great, it's far from the worst.

Dollar for dollar, it's only slightly below Dominoes. Caesar's used to be better, too, before they restructured their business model into the $5 thing. Remember their Bigfoot pizza? Not bad. It was a big rectangle, and I liked that it had slices in the middle that were square with no crust.

As far as chains... I'll give the honor of worst to Numero Uno (except CiCi's, but they suck so bad they don't even count).

You know who else is good? Shakey's.

Going off on a bit of a tangent here, but the concept of Show Biz Pizza/Chuck E. Cheese is solid, I think. Pizza, games, entertainment. They just suck at it. Shakey's is like Chuck E. Cheese, but good.

Guest Vitamin X

Bigfoot was Pizza Hut, actually but I know what you're talking about. Little Caesar's did use to be good. Also, the Bigfoot pizza is known at pretty much any pizza chef as a Sicilian pizza- square, thick pizza, sometimes (not always) cooked in a large cast iron dish pan.

I don't think I've been to a Shakey's before, but I remember this one pizza place where I grew up called Vincente's which was a way cooler spot than even Chuck E Cheese was back in the day- they had amazing pizza, and they had karaoke and live bands every night, or at least Thursday-Sunday. Of course, this pales in comparison to a lot of great pizza places I'm surrounded with now, but at the time it was pretty awesome.

I would have sworn Bigfoot was Little Caesar's.

I checked up on it and apparently some other people remember it that way too. Turns out Little Caesar's had their own version of it (Big, Big Cheese [makes sense, what with the way they doubled everything]).