TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

WWE General Discussion - November 2007

You should really leave this thread up to me. I had no catchy sub-title, but "Horrible Series"? Really? I'm a Series mark, man. Plus the SmackDown main event is going to rock the show.

I dig Survivor Series when they have team warfare. With HBK vs Orton and

Undertaker vs Batista HIAC

announced at the SD! taping I'm hoping the rest of the card will be filled with teams. HHH vs Umaga could be team vs team - something like Umaga/Santino/Kennedy/Carlito vs HHH/Austin/J.Hardy/DHSmith. SD! could have Team Mysterio(Rey/Matt Hardy/Kane/Palumbo) vs Team Finlay(Finlay/MVP/Chavo/Dykstra). Team Punk(Punk/Balls/Dreamer/Thorn) vs Team Morrison/Miz(Morrison/Miz/Burke/Knox), and then a couple interbrand matches. Interbrand Tags Spanky/London, Jesse/Festus, Majors, Holly/Cody vs Cade/Murdoch, WGTT, Highlanders, Deuce/Domino and interbrand David vs Goliath type pitting Henry/Big Daddy V/Snitsky/Khali vs Noble/Hornswoggle/Mystery Man #1/Mystery Man #2) match that could be set-up by Coach and Vicki who have issues with Hornswoggle and Noble right now. Noble/Hornswoggle would have two mystery partners because nobody wants to team with them.

Survivor Series is always a fun and enjoyable PPV. I like nearly all of the first 10 Survivor Series shows, ironically 1997 might be one of the few I thought sucked.

Survivor Series used to be great because of the rigid hierarchy that the WWE had at the time; guys generally only fought other guys on their level, or squashed jobbers. SS matches let a lot of guys wrestle each other whom you normally would never see in the same ring. Also, it can be used to put someone over greatly, the best example I can think of being SS'87. After a few eliminations, Hogan got counted out, leaving his teammate Bam Bam Bigelow all alone against King Kong Bundy, One Man Gang, and Andre. Bigelow put up a ferocious fight, pinning both Bundy and Gang before Andre finally sat on him for the win. Now THAT's giving someone the rub.

I liked Survivor Series 98 at the time...but it's really painful to go back and watch it nowadays.

I agree with you, Jingus, on the rub Bam Bam SHOULD have got due to that match inish...too bad nothing goodcame from it.

oh and I will always pimp the women's match hard...once they got the worthless garbage out of there and it was down to Velvet McIntyre, Sherri, the Glamour Girls and the Jumpng Bomb Angels, that was a fun match!

91 is a pretty brutal show but it was my first live event (and I was just a kid!) and the opener is pretty good. I love Survivor Series 93 - 96 though. 93 is a bit weak but I still love it.

Survivor Series is this month, which has a track record for the worst PPV ever. (well, I think so)

No, not really.

Horrible Series? Oh, Mole.

Yea, I couldn't think of anything clever. So I went with Horrible Series. It's changed now.

And what's with this SS love all of a sudden?

This folder was going banana over the daily match announcement gimmick WWE.com had for Series 06, Mole. Of course that show was a huge let down when the 10 man tags were so underwhelming... but yeah! We love the Series!

Last year's Survivor Series was a bit of a misfire due to the frustrating time constraints on the matches. Though I have to admit I laughed my ass off at DX/Hardys/Punk sweeping Rated RKO 5-0.

How about the rub on the 87 Survivor Series given to the Stallions and the Bees in the tag match? Or the Conquistadors in 1988? Of course none of it ended up meaning much, but it was still fun. A good way to let the jobbers have their day.

Last year's Survivor Series was a bit of a misfire due to the frustrating time constraints on the matches. Though I have to admit I laughed my ass off at DX/Hardys/Punk sweeping Rated RKO 5-0.

not to mention CM Punk getting HUGE face heat compared to DX and how awful HHH looked trying to leech off of his heat.

oh and I will always pimp the women's match hard...once they got the worthless garbage out of there and it was down to Velvet McIntyre, Sherri, the Glamour Girls and the Jumpng Bomb Angels, that was a fun match!

Damn straight. It was the only match I had a casual fan of 1980s wrestling watch and he loved it. Seeing the Bomb Angels flying all around and Velvet McIntyre bust out the victory roll and the giant swing had my buddy pumped. Plus, we got a kick out of that one heckler in the crowd shouting "Moolah Moolah!!!" in an annoying voice at the beginning of the match.

I think the one match I'd really like to see at Survivor Series is Team Matt vs Team MVP:

Matt, Jeff, Rey, Dreamer, (Palumbo?) vs. MVP, Kennedy, Finlay, Burke, (Kenny?)

What a fantastic match that could be.

I think the one match I'd really like to see at Survivor Series is Team Matt vs Team MVP:

Matt, Jeff, Rey, Dreamer, (Palumbo?) vs. MVP, Kennedy, Finlay, Burke, (Kenny?)

What a fantastic match that could be.

A shame that since Booker's gone, there won't likely be a relationship between WWE and PWA. Having MVP's "brother" from Booker's fed, VIP (Victor Imperial Porter) appear at Survivor Series would be great way to debut him.

while we are on the Survivor Series talk with HBK vs Orton and one from Smackdown's side, I would like to see the classic Survivor Series matches on there:

4 on 4 Tag Team Battle:

MVP/Matt Hardy, Major Brothers, Festus/Jesse, Brian Kendrick/Paul London vs Cade/Murdoch, Deuce/Domino, Highlanders, Dave Taylor/Drew McIntyre

CM Punk/Kane/DH Smith/Jeff Hardy vs John Morrison/Big Daddy V/Carlito/Mr Kennedy

Beth Phoenix/Jillian/Victoria/Melina vs Mickie James/Torrie Wilson/Michelle McCool/Candice (if she's able to go by then otherwise throw Kelly Kelly into the match)

Rey Mysterio/Triple H/Chuck Palumbo/Jimmy Wang Yang vs Finlay/Umaga/Kenny Dykstra/Elijah Burke

From WWE.com

WWE has come to terms on the release of ECW Diva Brooke as of November 1. We wish Brooke the best in all her future endeavors.

Guess Extreme Expose is dead. I don't know, I don't watch ECW.

From WWE.com

WWE has come to terms on the release of ECW Diva Brooke as of November 1. We wish Brooke the best in all her future endeavors.

Guess Extreme Expose is dead. I don't know, I don't watch ECW.

They'll stick Eve in the group and act like nothing's changed.

This could give some good drama for Miz/Kelly/Balls, with Miz pointing out he kicked Brooke out of ECW and that he can to the same to her.