TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

WWE General Discussion - November 2007

while we are on the Survivor Series talk with HBK vs Orton and one from Smackdown's side, I would like to see the classic Survivor Series matches on there:

4 on 4 Tag Team Battle:

MVP/Matt Hardy, Major Brothers, Festus/Jesse, Super Crazy/Hacksaw Duggan vs Cade/Murdoch, Deuce/Domino, Highlanders, Dave Taylor/Drew McIntyre

CM Punk/Kane/DH Smith/Jeff Hardy vs John Morrison/Big Daddy V/Carlito/Mr Kennedy

Beth Phoenix/Jillian/Victoria/Melina vs Mickie James/Torrie Wilson/Michelle McCool/Candice (if she's able to go by then otherwise throw Kelly Kelly into the match)

Rey Mysterio/Triple H/Chuck Palumbo/Jimmy Wang Yang vs Finlay/Umaga/Kenny Dykstra/Elijah Burke

Why would you make an effort to put the Majors, Jesse and Festus, Hacksaw, Deuce, Domino, Taylor, or McIntyre on the show?

And LOL at Triple H teaming with Yang. Not that I couldn't see the WWE doing that..it's just a funny thought.

bring in one nice ass, lose another nice ass.

Who knows who else they'll cut. Gotta make room for the diva search girls again dammit.

Just throwing this out since we're already tossing around hypothetical SS cards

Team McMahon (Vince, Kennedy, Mark Henry, Umaga and MVP) Vs Team Hunter (HHH, Kane, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy and Lashley)

Lashley is supposed to return in december but I think he can be used in name for Survivor Series. He wouldn't even need to physically get involved if that is still a concern. I would build his spot as a mystery with the idea of someone who hates McMahon being in that spot. That obviously would allow WWE to hint/rumor at numerous names since so many people hate Vince. Lashley return also allows him to chase down Kennedy to get his revenge. If they don't use Lashley, they can slide DH Smith in there and blatantly say he hates Vince for what he did to his uncle. Henry is in line for Hunter's next duck in the line, so use this to build that up. Kane also has issues with Henry. Matt and Jeff have issues with MVP and Kennedy, respectively. Umaga has been McMahon's bully for awhile and that would continue here. If McMahon doesn't actually get involved in the match itself, you can slide BDV or Khali into it.

Team Mysterio (Rey, Kendrick, London, Palumbo and Balls)

Vs

Team Finlay (Finlay, Murdoch, Cade, The Miz and Knoble)

Just a chance to extend the Finlay-Mysterio feud, toss in the Miz/Balls deal with Kelly on the sidelines, Londrick/Redneck Crew. Knoble is getting quasi push as is Palumbo)

Single Fall Rules

Beth, Victoria, Jillian, Melina and Layla

Vs

Mickie, Torrie, Maria, Kelly and Michelle

No need for multiple eliminations. Just an excuse to extend whatever program Beth will be doing (likely Mickie).

WWE Title

Anything Goes

Shawn Michaels Vs Randy Orton

The stip is to negate the DQ from last month and these guys work better in brawls. Who knows if they actually revisit Montreal but it's likely.

World Heavyweight Title

HIAC

Batista Vs Undertaker

If Edge doesn't return by chainsawing the ring/cage, I'd be really let down. Although, logically, he should go after Kane first.

ECW Title

CM Punk Vs John Morrison

I don't want this but I just expect WWE to extend this even further, perhaps with a definitive gimmick. A part of me would really like to see WWE bring back the dog collar gimmick.

Team McMahon (Vince, Kennedy, Mark Henry, Umaga and MVP) Vs Team Hunter (HHH, Kane, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy and Lashley)

Lashley is supposed to return in december but I think he can be used in name for Survivor Series. He wouldn't even need to physically get involved if that is still a concern. I would build his spot as a mystery with the idea of someone who hates McMahon being in that spot. That obviously would allow WWE to hint/rumor at numerous names since so many people hate Vince. Lashley return also allows him to chase down Kennedy to get his revenge. If they don't use Lashley, they can slide DH Smith in there and blatantly say he hates Vince for what he did to his uncle. Henry is in line for Hunter's next duck in the line, so use this to build that up. Kane also has issues with Henry. Matt and Jeff have issues with MVP and Kennedy, respectively. Umaga has been McMahon's bully for awhile and that would continue here. If McMahon doesn't actually get involved in the match itself, you can slide BDV or Khali into it.

Vs

Just a chance to extend the Finlay-Mysterio feud, toss in the Miz/Balls deal with Kelly on the sidelines, Londrick/Redneck Crew. Knoble is getting quasi push as is Palumbo)

Single Fall Rules

Vs

No need for multiple eliminations. Just an excuse to extend whatever program Beth will be doing (likely Mickie).

WWE Title

Anything Goes

The stip is to negate the DQ from last month and these guys work better in brawls. Who knows if they actually revisit Montreal but it's likely.

World Heavyweight Title

HIAC

Batista Vs Undertaker

If Edge doesn't return by chainsawing the ring/cage, I'd be really let down. Although, logically, he should go after Kane first.

ECW Title

CM Punk Vs John Morrison

I don't want this but I just expect WWE to extend this even further, perhaps with a definitive gimmick. A part of me would really like to see WWE bring back the dog collar gimmick.

When was the last time WWE did a dog collar match if ever?

Vs

Single Fall Rules

Vs

WWE Title

Anything Goes

World Heavyweight Title

HIAC

Batista Vs Undertaker

ECW Title

CM Punk Vs John Morrison

When was the last time WWE did a dog collar match if ever?

They haven't but it was a ECW/WCW staple. More likely WWE would do a strap match. I'd just rather them not do Morrison/Punk at all again or even Burke/Punk. Ideally, they'd move someone over from SD as Punk's new nemesis.

They haven't but it was a ECW/WCW staple. More likely WWE would do a strap match. I'd just rather them not do Morrison/Punk at all again or even Burke/Punk. Ideally, they'd move someone over from SD as Punk's new nemesis.

Finlay would be awesome.

Finlay would be awesome.

It would be but I think they will likely keep Mysterio/Finlay going until at least Series and possibly beyond.

Finlay would be awesome.

It would be but I think they will likely keep Mysterio/Finlay going until at least Series and possibly beyond.

With Knoble largely liked backstage as an agent, and him getting some recent TV time, Vickie getting sick of him and sending him to ECW to fued with Punk could work.

Finlay would be awesome.

With Knoble largely liked backstage as an agent, and him getting some recent TV time, Vickie getting sick of him and sending him to ECW to fued with Punk could work.

I would happily approve of that although I'm not sure how we're supposed to buy Knoble as a threat after being squashed for weeks and failing to catch Hornswoggle in the weeks prior to the daddy angle revealed. Gibson/Punk had some tremendous matches a couple years ago.

Brooke had to have done something to warrant a firing since they were supposed to be in Playboy and are in an angle on ECW.

Brooke had to have done something to warrant a firing since they were supposed to be in Playboy and are in an angle on ECW.

Kelly did mention in a interview that Brooke skipped the tour for personal reasons, likely stemed from there. However, never count out the old standby excuse "She wouldn't fuck Batista".

while we are on the Survivor Series talk with HBK vs Orton and one from Smackdown's side, I would like to see the classic Survivor Series matches on there:

4 on 4 Tag Team Battle:

MVP/Matt Hardy, Major Brothers, Festus/Jesse, Super Crazy/Hacksaw Duggan vs Cade/Murdoch, Deuce/Domino, Highlanders, Dave Taylor/Drew McIntyre

CM Punk/Kane/DH Smith/Jeff Hardy vs John Morrison/Big Daddy V/Carlito/Mr Kennedy

Beth Phoenix/Jillian/Victoria/Melina vs Mickie James/Torrie Wilson/Michelle McCool/Candice (if she's able to go by then otherwise throw Kelly Kelly into the match)

Rey Mysterio/Triple H/Chuck Palumbo/Jimmy Wang Yang vs Finlay/Umaga/Kenny Dykstra/Elijah Burke

Why would you make an effort to put the Majors, Jesse and Festus, Hacksaw, Deuce, Domino, Taylor, or McIntyre on the show?

And LOL at Triple H teaming with Yang. Not that I couldn't see the WWE doing that..it's just a funny thought.

I dont know I would like to see an old school throw back to the first Survivor Series with Tag teams vs Tag Teams, I'm an idiot I forgot about London/Kendrick

and I threw Yang/Burke onto teams because of the match Tuesday and to really run his time on Ghost Hunters and run with it a bit, I guess you could throw Kevin Thorn into the mix over Yang

Finlay would be awesome.

I would happily approve of that although I'm not sure how we're supposed to buy Knoble as a threat after being squashed for weeks and failing to catch Hornswoggle in the weeks prior to the daddy angle revealed. Gibson/Punk had some tremendous matches a couple years ago.

Didn't that happen months ago? No one really will remember that. Hell I don't even remember that.

I watched some of that Ghost Hunters show and it was so cheesy. Having been to Waverly Hills before and taken a tour I can tell you it's really not that scary. Or at least it isn't due to ghosts and such....if it scared me at all it was due to the insane disrepair that the building is in. Some parts are physically dangerous. It was a hospital where people died of TB....why is that so scary?

Besides Orton/Michaels and

Batista/Undertaker

that we know of, here's what I wouldn't mind seeing, though I have to wonder if it'll come anywhere as close. This is assuming they do cross-brand teams like last year.

Team Stone Cold (Austin as the "coach" of the team, a la SurSer '03):

Rey Mysterio/Jeff Hardy/Balls Mahoney/Matt Hardy/MVP vs. Santino Marella (captain)/Finlay/The Miz/Mr. Kennedy/Chavo Guerrero

Triple H (captain)/Kane/Paul London/Brian Kendrick/Tommy Dreamer vs. Umaga (captain)/Mark Henry/Lance Cade/Trevor Murdoch/Big Daddy V

CM Punk (captain)/Cody Rhodes/Hardcore Holly/Chuck Palumbo/Jimmy Wang Yang vs. John Morrison (captain)/Elijah Burke/Charlie Haas/Shelton Benjamin/Kenny Dykstra

Women's Survivor Series:

Mickie James/Torrie Wilson/Kelly Kelly/Michelle McCool vs. Beth Phoenix/Victoria/Melina/Jillian Hall

There are a few guys on the fringe (Khali, Carlito, Masters) that will likely make the show before some of my choices, but I tried to be logical (ie: putting Chavo on Santino's team, given his history with Rey).

Wrestling Observer stolen by Rajah

http://rajah.com/base/node/9768

WWE management is said to be very upset at the amount of news that has been leaking online in recent months. Stephanie McMahon was said to be furious when she learned of reports that revealed Chris Jericho was the person behind the "Save Us" promos.

There is a strong belief that WWE has held off Chris Jericho's return to show the Internet writers that they don't know everything. Monday night on RAW, Santino Marella made fun of Maria for thinking Stone Cold Steve Austin was in the building. He told her to stop reading those "Internet chatrooms" and getting bad information online.

Stephanie went as far as to review all company cell phone records of the writing team and did a forensic check of their computers, looking for e-mails leaks. This was not the first time WWE conducted such searches. WWE didn't find any guilty parties, but did find excessive private calls, and yelled at the writers for it.

Stephanie's wrath did not stop there. She wants to revise the contracts of WWE's creative writers to explicity state that WWE has 100% ownership of any ideas or concepts they come up with while working for WWE. Writers are prohibited from being interviewed or talking to anybody from the media. Even after they leave WWE, they cannot talk about their time working for the company.

Jericho will debut. It was funny to see how worked up people got about his not appearing on Raw or the PPV. WWE was irate about all of this getting out and it's not surprising that they would hold off. There was no false advertising. All of the videos and such were designed to get you excited, but there was, as originally formulated, one red herring after another. If people read something in a code and got upset because what they read into it didn't pan out, that's their problem, not WWE's.

Until WWE specifically announces publicly a time and date for his return and then does not deliver, it's in no way false advertising. As to the question about how long can they drag this out before fans give up, the answer, if you've followed WWE for anything more than, oh, a month or two, is that despite peaks and valleys here and there, in general the base audience of WWE doesn't give up. There have been things over the past several years so much more offensive than not debuting Chris Jericho on Monday that it's almost offensive to hear that fans may give up on the product because of it. The reality is that the longer they hold off, the bigger it's going to be when he finally shows up, and that's why I have no problem with anything they've done so far. A promotion like this ideally is drawn out over several months anyway.

Taryn Terrell has disappeared off the face of the Earth. After doing tons of media to gather votes for the Diva Search, including on our show, she got eliminated and immediately stopped replying to e-mails and accepting friends on her Myspace page. Apparently she did a recent interview where she buried Randy Orton and Stacy Kiebler, and said there was one WWE diva she knew to stay away from. No idea who she was talking about but I assume Melina. She insisted that if she was eliminated she would keep working towards getting a job in WWE.

Matt Hardy suffered a huge gash in his head on Smackdown. He was doing the splash mountain into the huracanrana spot with Rey Jr. and Rey's knee brace sliced his head open. He finished the match and worked the PPV, but needed 16 stitches. What's scary is that now every time I see someone doing any spot with Rey that involves his legs going around their head or face (which is much of what Rey does when doing his high-flying), I'm going to freak out.

Cena appeared at the Nickelodeon UK Kids' Choice Awards this past week. He was nominated for Best Sportsperson. David Beckham won. Cena acted like he was devastated to have not won, and said he was going to stand there on stage and hold his breath until they gave him something. They said we'll give you Most Injured Wrestler. The SLIME SQUAD then came out to slime the audience, so he wisely ran for his life.

Bret Hart and his new wife have already split up. She wanted to live in Italy permanently and he wasn't down with that.

Ric Flair is also doing some stuff for WWE.com, so things appear to be smoothing over as most people figured.

Chavo Guerrero's 60 day suspension has ended.

Sandman did an interview with PWMania. He said the reason he was no longer with WWE was because he wanted to spend more time with his family and was sick of the road schedule. I am told by people close to Sandman that he had been trying to get his release for some time. I think that, combined with Daivari asking for his, should give you an idea of how much someone at that level earns these days, even on Raw. He said it was great working there and he got to see a lot of his old friends. He said ECW was fun for him because a lot of the old ECW originals were there, but Raw was a different story altogether. He said that was a last second decision by the creative team, and he indicated that he wasn't happy with leaving all his buddies. He said he would go to TNA if they offered him the right amount of money. TNA still has the benefit of only taping two days in a row every other week, and if you can avoid the house shows and such it's a hell of a deal.

Jesse & Festus beat Deuce & Domino in the Cyber Sunday dark match

credit: F4W Newsletter

Stephanie's wrath did not stop there. She wants to revise the contracts of WWE's creative writers to explicity state that WWE has 100% ownership of any ideas or concepts they come up with while working for WWE. Writers are prohibited from being interviewed or talking to anybody from the media. Even after they leave WWE, they cannot talk about their time working for the company.

That'll go down well with the writer's guild. They're on the warpath as it is.

Regarding Bret and Cinzia, Bret had previously agreed to live in Italy before they got married. He even wrote about one time about how Italy was a beautiful country and couldn't wait to spend the rest of his life there. It wasn't until it came time to actually leave that Bret decided he wanted to stay in Canada.

wow, most of that observer stuff has already been reported.

I watched some of that Ghost Hunters show and it was so cheesy. Having been to Waverly Hills before and taken a tour I can tell you it's really not that scary. Or at least it isn't due to ghosts and such....if it scared me at all it was due to the insane disrepair that the building is in. Some parts are physically dangerous. It was a hospital where people died of TB....why is that so scary?

It depends on the person and if you believe in the stuff. I went on a few haunted tours in Edinburgh's underground and such and of course they are supposed to be amongst the most haunted area's in the world and I didn't find it spooky or anything, however others on the tour were absolutely freaking out. Same things with haunted houses - some people go in looking to be freaked, I think they're silly.

Also they said Burke was from WEC - I wonder if that was purposeful because Punk crapped all over the show last year...

I understand Stephanie being upset if a big surprise was leaked or something but.....aren't the promos in question supposed to be like a riddle? I thought we were meant to figure out who it is. Stupid internet fans ruining the surprise by not being completely retarded and figuring it out the first night.

Just wondering but what did Punk do last year in terms of crapping on the show? Were they trying to say that the stuff from The Shining really happened at that hotel?

I heard it mentioned elsewhere but could WWE be holding off on Jericho because the guy simply isn't in ring shape yet? He might need to bulk up a bit.

Punk didn't really care about the show at all and spent the majority of it just spouting out inside jokes. He made several references to Colt Cabana and Samoa Joe.

88 survivor series had that wicked 10 tag team match

90-91 was cool as a kid cuz they actually named the teams

93 is awesome for the opener and Cornette amazing promo

95 had a wicked World title match and a pretty good wildcard tag match

88 survivor series had that wicked 10 tag team match

As a huge mark for the Ventura/Monsoon announcing team, this may be my favorite match ever for commentary.

"Boy, I'm glad I'm retired!"

"Me too, Gorilla!"

"You retired now?"

"Definitely; I'd have stuntmen doing that for me!"

"You know what, Gorilla? I'm never gonna take a bet on any odds you give... because here's the Conquistadors, right here in the finals... and I heard you made some horrible football bets today, too!"

90-91 was cool as a kid cuz they actually named the teams

They named the teams in '89, too.

How did Stephanie not expect someone to figure out that maybe JUST MAYBE "vol4_01" was connected to Jericho since his theme song is track #1 on the Vol. 4 music CD?