TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

WWE General Discussion - November 2007

bring in one nice ass, lose another nice ass.

Nah, Brooke wasn't just a nice ass. She had great tits too.

As for Candice, the bump looked pretty awkward and was one of the few bumps I could see that are legit. She's been pretty improving before that, she was one of the few divas, using something other than the generic girly clothesline. Far from legit like Beth, but quite talented for a diva, WWE diva especially.

As for Tough Enough - has there been only one contest - the one Puder won or I missed the other ones at the time? Any news of upcoming TE?

Nah there's been like 4 of them, I believe...the first two or three were reality shows on MTV. Matt Capotelli, Nidia, Boogeyman, Maven, Chris Nowistki, Josh Matthews and John Morrison all came from that show. The Miz, of course, came from the most recent one in 04.

Don't forget Charlie Haas' wife!

Jackie "Wander around and fall at random" Gayda? I had, but now she came back into my mind. Thanks for that.

The Times Online in the U.K. reports that Smackdown announcer JBL's wife has received death threats following a recent stock downgrade. JBL has been married to CIBC analyst Meredith Whitney, who downgraded her stock evaluation of Citigroup, causing an estimated $369 billion loss in value to the company's stock. Citigroup investors issued death threats to Whitney following her evaluation.

The news comes as Citigroup's CEO Charles Prince will resign from the company this weekend, with an emergency meeting being held by board members. In reports on the death threats, JBL is curiously referred to as "Death Mask," a gimmick he used for the WAR promotion in Japan in the 90's.

Internally, no one was surprised by the relased of Extreme Expose member Brooke Adams. It wasn't one thing but a culmination of things that resulted in her release from the company.

From day one she was considered to be a problem in the company. She practically made it a habit to draw attention to herself. She rubbed a lot of people backstage the wrong way and had people rolling their eyes at her behaviour. What with the turnover of rate of women in WWE, especially this time of year with all the diva search girls looming about the relase wasn't too surprising.

Without the top notch attitude, the star power or the in ring skills, WWE had no real need for her. She was na expendable talent, and with her bad attitude, WWE just thought it was time for her to go. It got to the point where her negatives outweighed her postives and they felt it was better to release her.

pwinsider

it didnt help that she was "Anonymous Brooke" (thanks to Blade Braxton from Wrestlecrap for that title), that being she had no discernible character or personality (other than being a slut for Miz I guess). Plus the girl who won the Diva search, Eve, looks like an almost exact clone of Brooke, so maybe that factored in as well :D

why do the girls in the search even get upset when they lose, you know wwe will just realease 10 or 12 people so they can hire all the finalists.

it didnt help that she was "Anonymous Brooke" (thanks to Blade Braxton from Wrestlecrap for that title), that being she had no discernible character or personality (other than being a slut for Miz I guess). Plus the girl who won the Diva search, Eve, looks like an almost exact clone of Brooke, so maybe that factored in as well :D

why do the girls in the search even get upset when they lose, you know wwe will just realease 10 or 12 people so they can hire all the finalists.

Yes, they will get a job....at severly reduced pay compared to the winner

The Times Online in the U.K. reports that Smackdown announcer JBL's wife has received death threats following a recent stock downgrade. JBL has been married to CIBC analyst Meredith Whitney, who downgraded her stock evaluation of Citigroup, causing an estimated $369 billion loss in value to the company's stock. Citigroup investors issued death threats to Whitney following her evaluation.

The news comes as Citigroup's CEO Charles Prince will resign from the company this weekend, with an emergency meeting being held by board members. In reports on the death threats, JBL is curiously referred to as "Death Mask," a gimmick he used for the WAR promotion in Japan in the 90's.

Well now we know at least that he isn't as smart with his money as he makes himself out to be, he has a lot of help.

They met while Leyfield was doing a TV show on FOX, IIRC.

As far as Brooke getting released, I couldn't remember her name half the time. She was just another pointless bimbo on WWE TV with absolutely no personality. Good riddance.

I honestly couldn't pick Brooke out of a line-up.

Maybe if you only saw their asses you could.

And I just thought, wouldn't it make sense to debut Jericho tomorrow? We all know they won't now, but if they're hyping it up with D-X and Stone Cold, it'd be the best time so that all the viewers coming in this week are kept in by the intrigue of his return. Not just dropping the next week when the main event is Hornswaggle and D-X vs Coach, Umaga, and Orton or something.

Speaking of Brooke, I wonder how long its going to take for her place in EE to be filled.

I believe the correct answer to that is, "who cares?"

So looking back at last year most pegged Kennedy to win the Rumble which ended up with Taker winning it. Then Kennedy won the money in the bank and lost it. Now, he's a mid carder at best.

So at this rate, is there any talk who could win it this year? Is it Lashley's year? I mean really, there is absolutely no one who needs a Rumble win this year. Triple H maybe?

I think I'm putting my early money on Edge or Triple H. Preferably Edge.

I think I'm putting my early money on Edge or Triple H. Preferably Edge.

Makes sense with Edge since they are reported wanting to build towards Edge vs. Taker with Taker carrying the title into Mania.

I would love a heel to win the rumble this year if for nothing else then the fact that its something different.

I would love a heel to win the rumble this year if for nothing else then the fact that its something different.

Except it won't be different, it'll just be the same old "heel *reason for rolling out of the ring and not being eliminated that's so good, the referees do not officially disqualify him from the competition*, only to sneak back in at the last second, toss out the face winner and celebrate while Jim Ross foams at the mouth" schtick they've done in the past handful of battle royals. (royales?)

What I'd like to see is Lashley shoving Edge with all his strength, and have Edge & Lashley teetering on the top rope, only to have Edge use leverage to flip Lashley out while falling back into the ring himself. Use smarts that aren't overly repetitive, dammit.

So someone with a lot of free time went into the SAVE_US.X29 videos and gave theories on how some key tags relate to Jericho:

CHAMP_HARD - Jericho is a former Hardcore champion.

SMACK_BROUGHT1 - Jericho interviewed the first Smackdown draftee to Raw in the 2005 WWE Draft, John Cena.

RAW_LOWER_DISP - When Jericho did his Highlight Reel segments, the WWE watermark on the bottom left of the screen became an animated Jericho logo.

WM00_MATCH - Jericho wrestled Chris Benoit and Kurt Angle in two triple threat matches at WrestleMania 2000.

LIVEWIRE - On Fozzy's debut album in 2000, they covered a Motley Crue song called "Livewire".

SUMMER_PROM - Jericho's hype promos in 1999 started airing during the summer

RAW_REV_MAY2 - Jericho debuted in WWE interrupting The Rock. The Rock's birthday is May 2.

WM99_MATCH - The Rock wrestled Steve Austin in the main event of WM15. Jericho defeated both men in one night to become Undisputed Champion.

cd_volume4_1.act - Jericho's theme music is the first track on WWF The Music: Vol. 4

925 - Typing "Y2J" on a cell phone will give you "925"

RAW_NEW2.comp - Jericho was the 2nd entrant in the Elimation Chamber main event of New Year's Revolution 2005

Except it won't be different, it'll just be the same old "heel *reason for rolling out of the ring and not being eliminated that's so good, the referees do not officially disqualify him from the competition*, only to sneak back in at the last second, toss out the face winner and celebrate while Jim Ross foams at the mouth" schtick they've done in the past handful of battle royals. (royales?)

I'd be really surprised if they do that. I don't think a Royal Rumble has ever ended that way.

If Taker is heading into Mania as champ, then have Edge win the Rumble and have Edge/Taker end off WM. John Cena is not wrestling this year, so we might actually get a Smackdown! main event to end of WM this year.

Except it won't be different, it'll just be the same old "heel *reason for rolling out of the ring and not being eliminated that's so good, the referees do not officially disqualify him from the competition*...

The reason they wouldn't be eliminated is that rolling out of the ring is 100% legal in an over-the-top-rope battle royal. The referees would have absolutely no grounds to disqualify the wrestler. I don't get what you're driving at here. It's just a heel tactic.