TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

WWE General Discussion - November 2007

Thursday on WWE.com, Cade & Murdoch find out who they will be defending their titles against at Survivor Series.

I'll call for a fatal four way tag match, just because. Londrick, High Landers and likely Holly/Rhodes for no reason.

Yeah, pretty much what I was thinking. They wouldn't promote such a thing just to say "Kendrick and London again". I could see it being something way out there though, like Ric Flair and Roddy Piper making their big return (not necessarily those two, but something wacky like that).

On Thursday, wwe.com is airing a triple threat match between Londrick, Highlanders, and the old and young guy for the #1 Contendership. Not sure if this was taped Monday or will be taped tonight.

Thursday on WWE.com, Cade & Murdoch find out who they will be defending their titles against at Survivor Series.

I'll call for a fatal four way tag match, just because. Londrick, High Landers and likely Holly/Rhodes for no reason.

Yeah, pretty much what I was thinking. They wouldn't promote such a thing just to say "Kendrick and London again". I could see it being something way out there though, like Ric Flair and Roddy Piper making their big return (not necessarily those two, but something wacky like that).

On Thursday, wwe.com is airing a triple threat match between Londrick, Highlanders, and the old and young guy for the #1 Contendership. Not sure if this was taped Monday or will be taped tonight.

Old and Young guy = Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Super Crazy?

Old and Young guy = Hacksaw Jim Duggan and Super Crazy?

No. Holly and Rhodes.

It was taped Monday.

Holly/Rhodes won.

Since I don't think it's posted here.......

Carlito did jobs around the horn in Puerto Rico this past week, all of his merch is on clearance and he pretty much was fed to Snitsky like a bum...

Alvarez is going under the assumption he 'gave notice" he basically asked to be released.

Spoilers for Smackdown, for those who care.

-PWInsider.com

*At last night's Smackdown/ECW taping, there was a physical altercation with JBL and John Morrison. Following the tapings JBL huddled CM Punk, Matt Hardy, MVP, John Morrison, and The Miz in a corner backstage at the arena. What JBL proceeded to do was rip apart Miz and Morrison for their job on commentary and in the ring on Smackdown against Hardy and MVP. JBL said that their commentary did nothing to benefit Punk or themselves, and that their ring work in their tag title victory over Hardy and MVP made Hardy and MVP look bad. He asked them to apologize to the other three. Miz was fine with it, apologized, and moved on. Morrison however got in JBL's face and told him it was none of JBL's business. He then apologized, and told JBL it had nothing to do with him. After the two went back and forth verbally some more, Morrison actually shoved JBL down, and the two began fighting. Johnny Ace and some people near by had to come break it up. No word on the fallout of this as of yet.

I guess being a wrestling god outranks the lizard king.

Very interesting. Any dressing down, if deserved, should have been left up to the road agents one would think. However JBL sees himself as a lockerrom leader, maybe this was a Kangaroo Court issue. JBL is teflon in the eyes of McMahon and Co. so Morrison is in deep shit here unless the lockerroom baqks Morrison's position that it was none of JBL's business.

Melina Perez and John Hennigan coming to a TNA arena near you? Or could we see a JBL vs Morrison feud where Morrison gets the shit stiffed out of him? Hell JBL might respect Morrison more for fighting him - who knows.

-PWInsider.com

*At last night's Smackdown/ECW taping, there was a physical altercation with JBL and John Morrison. Following the tapings JBL huddled CM Punk, Matt Hardy, MVP, John Morrison, and The Miz in a corner backstage at the arena. What JBL proceeded to do was rip apart Miz and Morrison for their job on commentary and in the ring on Smackdown against Hardy and MVP. JBL said that their commentary did nothing to benefit Punk or themselves, and that their ring work in their tag title victory over Hardy and MVP made Hardy and MVP look bad. He asked them to apologize to the other three. Miz was fine with it, apologized, and moved on. Morrison however got in JBL's face and told him it was none of JBL's business. He then apologized, and told JBL it had nothing to do with him. After the two went back and forth verbally some more, Morrison actually shoved JBL down, and the two began fighting. Johnny Ace and some people near by had to come break it up. No word on the fallout of this as of yet.

All rise . . . the trial of John Morrison v. JBL is about to begin . . .

I'm reading the wikipedia entry for the 2007 Writer's Strike... sounds like I missed a funny joke from DX while I was on vacation. Are they really "carrying on without writers" or is that just someone's assumption based on HHH's joke?

-PWInsider.com

You have to like the fact though that JBL was upset because he was standing up for the fact that these two made the other 3 look bad. JBL, for all his faults backstage, seems to genially care about putting guys over in the ring. His commentary does more to put the guys over than any commentator in history imo. It's nice to see that he cares enough about putting punk, mvp and hardy over that he would be willing to even take the time to get onto the miz/morrison. I don't have a problem with it at all because in this case he was doing it for the sake of 3 other individuals and not himself, at least it would appear.

I'm reading the wikipedia entry for the 2007 Writer's Strike... sounds like I missed a funny joke from DX while I was on vacation. Are they really "carrying on without writers" or is that just someone's assumption based on HHH's joke?

It was a great segment at the top of last weeks show. Look it up on YouTube or something. It involved Boogeyman, Khali, and Hornswaggle all trying to join DX and was basically just for the payoff joke at the end making fun of the writing. (Stephanie actually made fun of herself twice that night).

My man JBL got punked by Morrison? Next week on Smackdown I expect a return to the ring, full of stiff shots and a bloody John.

Wrestling writers are non-union. You really think Vince would have anyone in a union working for him?

If I were Morrison, I'd look over my shoulder for a guy wearing nothing but spurs and holding baby oil the next time I took a shower at the arena.

I think Morrison is probably lucky the scuffle was broken apart. I'm all for smaller guys beating up bigger bullies, but I really think Morrison wouldn't want to mess with that particular big Texan.

I was given a free subscription to Maxim for answering some survey and got the first issue yesterday which is the new one with Sarah Michelle Gellar on the cover. Inside there was a long article about Benoit, which surprised me. It was a pretty interesting read, although there wasn't an extreme amount of new information. There were a couple littles things that were new to me, like some quotes from RVD about things that happened leading up to it and stuff.

JBL's got a nerve, he used to bury Masters all the time on commentary and he was a heel so it made no sense.

Also, him critizing other people for poor in ring performances is laughable.

JBL only puts over people that are worth a damn.

JBL's got a nerve, he used to bury Masters all the time on commentary and he was a heel so it made no sense.

I think he and the rest of the roster knew Masters wasn't long for the WWE world. He might as well came out to the ring each week with a sign reading, "I'm back on the junk, I'll be fired in a month".

Well it's hard to judge either JBL or Morrison without knowing what was exactly said or how it was delivered. If he pulled a couple of youngsters aside to offer tips on improving themselves, it was a nicegesture. If he was merely interested in dressing down some youngsters to make himself feel better than you have a point.

I hate when we get this news stories without any context.

JBL was right. Those two made the ECW title match horrible, and what makes it more interesting is the fact that no one was feeding those two lines.

Plus there is a difference between burying someone who the company has lost all faith in and are getting ready to fire to burying one of the top faces in the promotion.

I give props to Morrison for standing up to JBL as someone had to do it sometime, but at the same time, JBL has a lot more experiance than Morrison, so Morrison should have just shut up and said "sorry" and let it go.

Pop-up Insider is saying it was a face-to-face argument that lead to Morrison shoving JBL and it being broken up there before it could escalate.

pwinsider? $4.95 a month will get rid of those pop ups and their audio commentaries are always good. Not trying to be a dick or tell you how to spend your money but I like my subscription to that site and trust those guys more than other net insiders.

I have mixed feelings about this. I do think Morrison and Miz's commentary took away from the Punk/Noble's match but I also feel that we need more improvised unscripted exchanges on WWE television. For instance, in this case, Morrison, who is Lagana's pet project, looked inferior to Miz who was sharper and quicker than Morrison, who had difficulty keeping up with Miz verbally.

I'll have to watch the Smackdown match to see exactly what Miz and Morrison did in the tag match. JBL isn't an agent though so I can see where Morrison was coming from although he'll probably be given the shit treatment since he crossed backstage politics. Also, why didn't JBL invite Jamie Noble who also deserved an apology since main eventing ECW was his biggest WWE moment since his return?

I do find it interesting how CM Punk is apparently in favor with the company right now. I mean, JBL is backing him, what's next HBK and HHH? Who would have ever thought Steph's King of the Indies would have such luck?

JBL is backing him because the company is backing him. JBL is a company guy, first and foremost. People still buy that HHH and HBK have a grudge against Punk, with what evidence? They criticized his dark match? That "incident" was over 2 years ago, anyways.

Why would you find it strange that Punk is in favor? He's the main event attraction of their third brand and a heavily pushed name in the merchandise aspect of the company and it isn't a recent shift.

JBL is backing him because the company is backing him. JBL is a company guy, first and foremost. People still buy that HHH and HBK have a grudge against Punk, with what evidence? They criticized his dark match? That "incident" was over 2 years ago, anyways.

Why would you find it strange that Punk is in favor? He's the main event attraction of their third brand and a heavily pushed name in the merchandise aspect of the company and it isn't a recent shift.

You're reading too much into what I posted. I don't find it strange. I find it funny. I don't have any evidence that HHH, HBK or Stephanie have a grudge against Punk, I'm not f'n Dave Meltzer, I'm some dude typing at a computer in Pittsburgh. My point was they did at one point have known grudges against him and it's ironic that he's come full circle and is in the position he's in right now with the company. It wasn't that long ago that he was jobbed out to Bob Holly because "he wasn't that good and was nothing more than a Paul Heyman pet project". Lagana didn't even see him as the star of ECW, instead choosing to have a boner for John Morrison and seeing Punk as a temporary champion while Morrison was suspended. Now we have him retaining the role of champion, "company men" like JBL backing him and even the Tony Atlas/OVW thing didn't see any fingers pointed at Punk. I'm just waiting to read something about HHH or HBK being into Punk as a future star of the company, a student of the game, etc. That's all.

At what point were there "known" grudges against Punk? Is it because 20 year vets happened to critique the indy style he worked and offered advice on how to improve? Or was it because they didn't push him as the star of the company from the moment he walked through the door and instead waited a year to put him on top of one of their brands? The whole notion of HHH and HBK being jealous of Punk or out to get him is a fabrication of internet fans with too much time on their hands.