TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

WWE General Discussion - November 2007

Yes, it was. It was right after Orton had won the match for Smackdown and all the Smackdown wrestlers came to celebrate with him. I think that was also when they were making Orton out to have this "amazing streak" in elimination matches, when really he had only won two.

Well, that match made 3 (03/04/05). I remember Regal took a really odd looking Tombstone there too (his legs were kinda funny). It was kind of neat being there live and watching all the beat up midcarders walk to the back after the show.

Yeah, Undertaker made a big return at Survivor Series 2005 after Randy Orton and Bob Orton relived Royal Rumble 1998 and set a casket on fire that Taker was in at No Mercy 2005.

Orton was the sole survivor in the Raw vs. Smackdown main event tag match and all the mid-carders came out to celebrate. Taker came in and chokeslammed everyone but Matt Hardy because he left the ring when Taker got in.

Taker got in Matt's face backstage for bailing before taking the chokeslam and said he was too much of a mark himself, so Matt got the jobber treatment for a few months before Jeff Hardy finally came back.

From slamwrestling:

Carlito is currently unhappy with the direction the company has been pushing him. He entered the WWE a few years back with a giant push, wrestling at or near the top of the card. He is now a mid-carder or being jobbed to others earning pushes. Although it can not be confirmed, some are saying that he has requested his released. The WWE did not grant it immediately but may do so in the next week.

That would make the clearence of his stuff on wwe.com make a little more sense.

From Pro Wrestling Torch

-- Sabu was backstage at Monday's Impact taping looking for work. They told him that they have no interest in his services at the moment. Management told him that there are currently no open spots on the roster. They said that they're looking to focus more of their energy on their underutilized home grown talent. Booker T is an exception to that rule since he is considered to a top star in the industry.

Finally, it seems like TNA might be heading in the right direction. It took them long enough to get it. I don't mind the Booker signing, and I really don't mind the bigger names in the world title picture because at least they are going to start to build up the lesser used talent. That is the reason for Kaz being built up, and Roode. Joe's back in the title picture and AJ is being used more, as a tag team, but he's on TV a lot.

From Pro Wrestling Torch

-- Sabu was backstage at Monday's Impact taping looking for work. They told him that they have no interest in his services at the moment. Management told him that there are currently no open spots on the roster. They said that they're looking to focus more of their energy on their underutilized home grown talent. Booker T is an exception to that rule since he is considered to a top star in the industry.

Finally, it seems like TNA might be heading in the right direction. It took them long enough to get it. I don't mind the Booker signing, and I really don't mind the bigger names in the world title picture because at least they are going to start to build up the lesser used talent. That is the reason for Kaz being built up, and Roode. Joe's back in the title picture and AJ is being used more, as a tag team, but he's on TV a lot.

Not to be an ass or anything, but shouldn't this be in the TNA folder?

From Pro Wrestling Torch

Nobody goes in there, just like nobody watches the show. :lol:

From Pro Wrestling Torch

This is completely random, but was it ever explained why Shawn Michaels was wearing those hideous-looking tights when he returned in 2002 up until he went back to the classic HBK stuff at Armageddon 2002?

This is completely random, but was it ever explained why Shawn Michaels was wearing those hideous-looking tights when he returned in 2002 up until he went back to the classic HBK stuff at Armageddon 2002?
Shawn talks about that in his book, I think the lady that usually made the designs for his tights had a off night, Triple H and Stephanie got a good laugh out of them..

Shawn Michaels:

I'd love to get out there with Jeff Hardy, if we had time. I'd like to get out there with Brian or Lance too, again, if we had time. There are a number of guys I'd like to work with, but the biggest issue with me is getting time with them. The time constraints from a production standpoint don't always work with me, but hey, it's not my company, so I have no say in that. I think those time constraints keep us from seeing the talent in some guys who I know have more ability.

who is Brian???

Shawn Michaels:

I'd love to get out there with Jeff Hardy, if we had time. I'd like to get out there with Brian or Lance too, again, if we had time. There are a number of guys I'd like to work with, but the biggest issue with me is getting time with them. The time constraints from a production standpoint don't always work with me, but hey, it's not my company, so I have no say in that. I think those time constraints keep us from seeing the talent in some guys who I know have more ability.

who is Brian???

I'm assuming Kendrick here (as in, Brian Kendrick). I believe Kendrick was trained

by Michaels when HBK ran that TWA promotion out of Texas a few years back.

Bryan Danielson and Lance Cade also came from that promotion.

So with Hart Foundation 2K7 trashed, and let me say I'm glad it is because they couldn't live up to the 1997 standards, any plans for T.J. Wilson and Nattie?

Carlito was truly horrid when he first debuted, then when he turned face he got somewhat better. Then after a while he wasn't getting pushed beyond a certain point, so I think he just stopped caring.

Call me crazy but I think Sabu has something to offer TNA. He could always join up with Mitchell's bunch of evil heels to go after Abyss. Hell I'd sign Sabu before I would Dustin Rhodes or Johnny the Bull. You're telling me that if RVD signed they couldn't have him tag with Sabu against Team 3D?

Don't get me wrong, I know Carlito was no workrate master when he debuted, I just kinda found him funny and could see potential in him as a weasely midcard heel. He probably wuld be huge by now if he stayed on Smackdown.

I was digging Carlito in 2006, he was flipping and flopping and springboarding around, trying to make tagging (and later feuding with) Chris Masters a worthwhile deal. I thought he did some ok work in the IC title feud with Benjamin / Nitro too, but after that feud with Orton, yeah, he just kept getting lazier until they had Flair tell him so on TV.

Didn't Carlito start to become disenchanted with WWE around last year when they told him to that they wanted his promos to be more like The Rock?

Didn't Carlito start to become disenchanted with WWE around last year when they told him to that they wanted his promos to be more like The Rock?

Carlito was fucked the second they turned him face and he beat Masters at Backlash. They didn't do anything to help the character, and Torrie Wilson is almost negative heat from how bland she is. But then again, he was lazy and his matches sucked as a result. So screw him.

Well, to be fair, Carlito did get bunched with Trish Stratus for a bit, but she decided to retire, so they stuck Wilson with him.

World Wrestling Entertainment released Russell Simpson from his developmental contract. Simpson had been assigned to Ohio Valley Wrestling. He was a signed out from Booker T's wrestling school, so you can bet there is a cause and effect here.

-- PWI

I dunno oldskool, I thought that was pretty goodl

He's just pissed cause he got Rick Rolled with the rest of us.