TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

WWE General Discussion - November 2007

Just got some tix for the Jan 4th Raw house show in White Plains, NY

damn ticketmaster website, I got in the minute it goes on sale and the best I could get was 6th row ringside? I call shenanigans!!!

I know this is supposed to be WWE discussion, but where the fuck did the Rick Rolled shit come from with the Rick Astley clips, and why the fuck is it catching on?

Yes, it was. It was right after Orton had won the match for Smackdown and all the Smackdown wrestlers came to celebrate with him. I think that was also when they were making Orton out to have this "amazing streak" in elimination matches, when really he had only won two.

actually it was his thrid year in a row being the sole survivor at SS, so it did make some sense to hype it.

I know this is supposed to be WWE discussion, but where the fuck did the Rick Rolled shit come from with the Rick Astley clips, and why the fuck is it catching on?

From what I've heard it started in the World of Warcraft community and just spread from there. It's been around for atleast a year I think.

I've heard different things about that...there were rumors a while ago that WWE would be introducing a new X-Division type title, but I don't know if that was just speculation or not.

I think the smart thing would be to have Vickie Guerrero do a deal with Estrada where the CW Title gets resurrected on ECW to give that brand one more title, with it being defended occasionally on Smackdown as well.

I don't know if this has already been posted, but Trish's face is looking a little different:

1.jpg

5.jpg

I see a difference but I'm not quite sure what it is. Did her Al Pacino chin get bigger or something?

Her chin looks flat at the bottom, and I thought it used to be more...idk...round?

Maybe that's what she looks like with a little too much make-up, and a few more years on her face. But yeah honestly, I can see the different-ess but cannot exactly pin-point anything.

No, they didn't. Maybe you weren't there when Family Guy did it and most of 4chan had a heart attack from it.

Many lulz and "EPIC WINS" were had.

Wasn't there and still not there. Not entirely sure what 4chan is other than a forum.

Also, Candice Michelle was just on Bikini Destinations on HDNet.

The only difference I can see with Trish Stratus in those pics is that her hair is different (especially the bangs in front) and her makeup looks a little different.

Full PPV Calender for 2008

From the new WWE Magazine:

Royal Rumble

- January 27, 2008

- Madison Square Garden ~ New York City, NY

No Way Out

- February 17, 2008

- Thomas & Mack Center ~ Las Vegas, NV

WrestleMania XXIV

- March 30, 2008

- Citrus Bowl ~ Orlando, FL

Backlash

- April 27, 2008

- 1st Mariner Arena ~ Baltimore, MD

Judgment Day

- May 18, 2008

- Qwest Center ~ Omaha, NE

One Night Stand

- June 1, 2008

- San Diego Sports Arena ~ San Diego, CA

Vengeance

- June 29, 2008

- American Airlines Center ~ Dallas, TX

The Great American Bash

- July 20, 2008

- Nassau Coliseum ~ Uniondale, NY

SummerSlam

- August 17, 2008

- Conseco Fieldhouse ~ Indianapolis, IN

Unforgiven

- September 7, 2008

- Quicken Loans Arena ~ Cleveland, OH

No Mercy

- October 5, 2008

- Rose Garden ~ Portland, OR

Cyber Sunday

- October 26, 2008

- US Airways Center ~ Phoenix, AZ

Survivor Series

- November 23, 2008

- TD Banknorth Garden ~ Boston, MA

Armageddon

- December 21, 2008

- HSBC Arena ~ Buffalo, NY

Credit: Gerweck

Glad to see they chopped off NYR. That show was always horrible. Also, glad MSG will host another Rumble. The last one was probably the best show top to bottom.

I thought Cyber Sunday was getting axed from the PPV lineup and would be a TV special? They still have way too many PPVs. Get rid of One Night Stand at this point since it has no purpose, either that or get rid of Vengeance. Narrow it down to 1 a month.

I don't mind this schedule. 14 is less than one every four weeks, although they don't have it set up that way, but it doesn't really feel like overload. Plus, the two "extra" shows (ONS/Cyber) are themed, so there's added incentive to buy (in theory). NYR didn't have that, so it's probably good it got the axe.

EDIT: No, 14 is more than one every four weeks. My bad. Still, I don't mind the current setup. They could, in theory, axe ONS, since the rules are ignored in half of all matches anyway, but I won't complain too loudly at this.

That plus age and probably a bit of weight.

The age thing was the 1st thing that popped in my head. Trish is only 32, but in that picture she looks in her mid 40's.

NO Canadian ppv dates in 2008? To the best of my knowledge there hasn't been one this year. The last time I seem to recall there being no Canadian dates was in 1994. Did the Benoit stuff really drive Vince away?

It sucks with no Canadian PPV dates. Even though I'm Canadian, I always looked forward to a PPV in Canada as it was always interesting to see what kind of reactions you would get out of the crowd. Sure, there will be TV tapings, but a PPV in Canada always seems to feel a little more special for some reason.