TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

WWE General Discussion - November 2007

There's no chance in hell. He probably never has to work ever again, and he's dropping "The Rock" part of his name from his movie credits now. Jim Ross has also said (repeatedly) that he is done with wrestling. I wish people would let it go...it's time to move on from the Attitude Era anyway, and bringing back Rock and/or Austin every few months isn't going to accomplish that.

Exactly.. also his latest movie "The Gameplan" was a HUGE box office hit in theaters, and there is no doubt that the DVD sales are going to be very very good.

The Cabinet did sorta feud with Angle's posse at the time of Luther Reigns and Mark Jindrak.

True but I never took Angle's group seriously.

So with Ric Flair back, what does he do? World Title contender? He left on bad terms, so the must've promised him something.

Flair probably gets his Rocky angle and loses to Orton at some point which would likely tie HHH into the whole thing leading to the HHH-Orton WM match that was planted months ago.

No, they didn't. Maybe you weren't there when Family Guy did it and most of 4chan had a heart attack from it.

Many lulz and "EPIC WINS" were had.

That Family Guy episode aired long after the RickRolling craze had begun.

Gotta love how guys get drafted to other shows, and then end up on RAW months later. (Hardcore Holly and now Falir come to mind) What does that do to the locker room of SmackDown?

The ECW guys get Smackdown time too, so it doesn't deplete them that much. Guys like Burke, Punk and Morrison fill holes on Smackdown.

No, they didn't. Maybe you weren't there when Family Guy did it and most of 4chan had a heart attack from it.

True.

Anyone who says otherwise needs to LURK MOAR.

Figured that since there isn't much point in continuing on with the original Save_Us thread, I'd post this here:

77037X.JPG

All your questions have been answered, the strange interruptions happening on Monday Night RAW were because one man. Did you break the code? If you did, you knew it was because of the return of Y2J, Chris Jericho. The Code is the Answer, and our answer is buying this shirt! Get your Chris Jericho Save_Us.222 T-Shirt Today! Blue. 100% Cotton. Screen printed in the USA. Imported.

Check this out.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/content/segme...49-87cc49532f5d

Linda Hogan appeared in a street racing DVD

Ever since Nick Bollea was the driver in a horrible car crash in Clearwater on August 26, he and his family have said Nick was not speeding, and they've denounced street racing.

But the ABC Action News Investigators have obtained a DVD which might show a different side. The 2005 documentary is titled "Vehicular Lunatics". It was filmed at several Florida locations, including Saint Petersburg and Orlando. One "Extra" on the DVD is called "Street Racing With Linda Hogan.

At one point, Linda Bollea (Hogan) is seen alongside another car. Linda Bollea is driving a car identified as a Mercedes S600. Her daughter, Brooke is her passenger. Brooke says to the men in the adjacent car, "Wanna race?" One of the men replies, "Yeah! We love racing you! On three." Brooke replies, "Let's do this. Alright." Then Linda Bollea says "Let's kick it."

The cars take off, but their speeds are not known.

Nick Bollea and his father Terry Jean, better known from his wrestling days as Hulk Hogan, are also seen in the documentary.

Two years later, 17 year old Nick is charged with felony reckless driving after a crash leaves a friend in a coma, and after Nick was pulled over four times for speeding. At one point in the documentary, his mother was asked how she feels about street racing.

Her answer: "Oh, I love it. I love it. The rush, the speed on the road, stereo blasting, heart-pounding, racing in between all the cars, dodging the cops. It's awesome."

ABC Action News Investigative Reporter Matthew Schwartz interviewed the family in their home hours before Nick's arrest two weeks ago, and Linda Bollea denied making that remark when Matthew asked if she said it on the tape.

Mrs. Bollea says, "I never said that. I never would have said that."

The attorney for the mother of Nick Bollea's injured passenger, 22-year old John Graziano, a Marine from Dunedin, had previously said he's planning a civil suit against the Bolleas.

We showed the documentary "Vehicular Lunatics" to Tim Prugh. He's a civil attorney in Tampa who is not involved in the case. Prugh says the video could be damaging to the Bolleas, "Damaging enough where I would attempt to keep it out if I were defending the people that were representing Mr. Bollea. And if I represent the injured party, I want to get that into evidence to demonstrate that they were enthusiastic racers and it was in the family."

Meanwhile, John Graziano remains in critical condition, in a coma, at the James Haley V.A. Hospital in Tampa.

You need to read the other posts first. I said already before 4chan started the rickrolling craze. Was shortly after the debut of the GTA4 trailer and people were spamming up requests for the trailer, so somebody linked to a Rick Astley video.

The rest is history.

The Cabinet did sorta feud with Angle's posse at the time of Luther Reigns and Mark Jindrak.

True but I never took Angle's group seriously.

So with Ric Flair back, what does he do? World Title contender? He left on bad terms, so the must've promised him something.

The only promise they should have made is they won't sue his old ass for breach of contract if he returns. Plus, there has been reports that Vince paid off Flair's debt to the IRS. Flair owes Vince at this point.

Okay I have to admit that Vince is pretty cool if he paid off Flair's IRS debt. I wonder what they are going to do with Flair exactly? We've heard about some plan to push him and have it culminate at WM next year.

I hope it's not just something where he comes back and gets jobbed to Orton as just another notch in the Legend Killer's belt.

Is it me, or the WWE.com "Alumni" section shrinking? I went to check if they had the foresight to remove Jericho's bio now that he has one on the Raw page again (and they did - I think, I couldn't remember if Jericho actually had an alumni page or not but thought he did) and it seemed smaller than usual. Didn't Sable used to be there? Odd.

Vince McMahon recently made the call to downplay the sexiness of the WWE divas again. He made a similar call back in the spring, but it lasted for about a week. Some believe that he's trying to book WWE in a more family friendly way since the kids audience has grown significantly while the adult audience has fallen since the Benoit murders. Internally, there is concern that the portrayal as women as sex objects could backfire with so many major media pieces coming. Vince said that they are looking to attract viewers from every demo and for the creative team not be short sighted in who potential viewers are.

wrestling observer newsletter

To go with the above, this is what Todd Martin wrote in his Raw recap on WO:

Hornswoggle beat Carlito. Yes, one segment they had breast smothering and lesbian kisses, and the very next segment was midget comedy aimed at children. I don’t care about “protecting” children from “objectionable” content, but this is one serious identity crisis as far as the target audience.

Okay I have to admit that Vince is pretty cool if he paid off Flair's IRS debt. I wonder what they are going to do with Flair exactly? We've heard about some plan to push him and have it culminate at WM next year.

I hope it's not just something where he comes back and gets jobbed to Orton as just another notch in the Legend Killer's belt.

I know I'm in the extreme minority, but I really wouldn't mind one last Flair run with the belt. Even if it lasted all of maybe a month, from the span of one PPV to the next.

I wouldn't mind him having one last reign either with any of the three world titles. Hell it could be for two or three months too. Flair is still good for a match every month. It's when you put him on tv every week that he's not good. I mean he's had quite a few matches that I consider good in WWE, I'm sure he would be more than motivated to deliver for one last World Title run.

The plan for Santino was for him to be a modern day Taz/UFC style worker. Heyman was going to build him into a character for Punk to feud with in ECW before he quit/got sent home.

Actually, I think he wanted to build up Santino to fight Angle, actually. I don't think he was ever supposed to feud with Punk in ECW... OVW maybe.

Both Puder and Santino were really good at doing the pseudo-MMA style... it looked really good, especially since Al Snow is pretty familiar with that style.

Fro! Long time.

Anyway, I saw in dark match results that Vlad Kozlov beat Norman Smiley. I thought Vlad was released? Then again dark matches feature some random talent (like Norman Smiley).

Despite being held on a pedestal, having a highly built return and the power to negotiate himself some great terms, Chris Jericho still has his doubters in the company.

There have always been people in management that feel Y2J is not main event material and don't think his promo style "sells Matches." Thus there was some apprehension in thrusting him straight in to the main event.

Triple H is one person that isn't 100% behind Jericho and has gone as far as to back Jeff Hardy for a push over Y2J. The recent pairing of The Game and Hardy is Hunter's real life respect for Hardy coming through. He sees him as a hard worker who is deserved on Jericho's current spot.

Jericho's performance will be watched like a hawk for the next few months

http://www.wrestlezone.com/article.php?articleid=197603377

You'd think being married into the McMahon family that HHH wouldn't need to play politics anymore.

Even with Jerichos promo short falls - the inability to be serious/intense for long - he's heads and shoulders above anything Jeff Hardy has ever offered on the mic. I think HHH doesn't like Jericho because he left the business by choice and named his price to be brought back. IIRC HHH doesn't much like the Rock either.

Koslov is still down in OVW under developmental contract. From what I hear he's actually showing some improvement but is a slow as hell learner. Shame McMahon is a big MMA mark and they want to bring him in as a Fedor rip-off. The Bois Alexiev character (Santino Marella's ovw character) was basically the same gimmick, however Vlad Koslov is actually Russian with MMA training.