TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

WWE General Discussion - November 2007

First off, why is everyone just assuming HHH is going to face a champ at WM?

Because when it comes to Triple H the majority of the TSM board thinks he's just putting himself over and not thinking in the best interests of the WWE, never mind if they're proven wrong like when most predicted Triple H would win at WMXX, WM21, Hell in a Cell, WM22, and don't forget everyone's favorite, his ever-impending feud with HBK that's always just around the corner.

Because when it comes to Triple H the majority of the TSM board thinks he's just putting himself over and not thinking in the best interests of the WWE, never mind if they're proven wrong like when most predicted Triple H would win at WMXX, WM21, Hell in a Cell, WM22, and don't forget everyone's favorite, his ever-impending feud with HBK that's always just around the corner.

For me, the reason I know he's going to face a champ at WM is because he hasn't been in a non-title match at WM in 7 years, and the year before that he was in one too.

For me, the reason I know he's going to face a champ at WM is because he hasn't been in a non-title match at WM in 7 years, and the year before that he was in one too.

wait...wasn't he in a non-title match at WM17?

and by "year before that", do you mean WM 15 (the year before 7 years agog whch would be 1999)?

am I just not reading you correctly?

wait...wasn't he in a non-title match at WM17?

and by "year before that", do you mean WM 15 (the year before 7 years agog whch would be 1999)?

am I just not reading you correctly?

By 7 years ago, I meant 7 WMs ago (including 23) which would be X-7. The year before that was WM2000. Sorry for the confusion.

On the heels of the recently strengthened WWE Wellness Policy -- which is supposed to close some of the loopholes -- there is a huge fear among some of the wrestlers about getting fired due to it because there isn't a viable "WCW-like" promotion out there. TNA isn't perceived to be on the same level as WCW because there's a lot less money and exposure. While TNA has a rep for hiring talent fired for drug issues in WWE, at this point, they're not going to take a fired WWE wrestler who lost his job over a drug test failure unless he is a top level star or friends with the right people in TNA -- and that's a pretty small list.

wrestling observer newsletter

Whomever they decide to match Punk with for ECW at WM should win the Rumble or Punk drops the title and wins the Rumble at MSG.

Do you honestly believe that? And do you honestly think there's even a remote chance of it happening? Let's grab that quote again...

The storyline going into WrestleMania 24 is that the winner of the Royal Rumble in January will get to decide the champion he wants to face at WrestleMania. Then, the champion who isn't chose will have the Superstars from his brand go into an Elimination Chamber match at No Way Out. The winner of the Chamber match will get the other available title shot at WrestleMania 24.

I've re-read that three times and the jist of it seems to be, the Rumble winner gets the champion of one brand and the winner of the EC gets the champion of the OTHER brand. I count two brands mentioned there. They didn't say 'the champions who aren't chosen', they just said champion. They didn't say 'available title shots', they just said shot. I could be reading too much into it, but it sounds from that like RAW is one brand and SD/ECW is the other brand, with a World Title and a WWE Title... and the EuroCW Title, well, who cares.

They'll probably use the ECW Title in the skits where the Rumble winner decides who to face, but I'd be stunned if there was any possibility of them choosing the ECW Title. I mean, seriously, why waste your time? If Miz and Morrison can get title shots, in theory why should anyone above them in the pecking order need to win the Rumble to get a shot?

I made a card for WM earlier today, and I think it's pretty awesome. I've done this for WM24 like 5 times though, and with the way things change, this card could be laughable come March.

Edge vs Undertaker - World Heavyweight Title

CM Punk vs Umaga - ECW Title

Nitro vs Kane vs Shelton vs Lashley vs Jeff Hardy vs Chavo - Money in the Bank

Batista vs JBL

Mickie vs Beth vs Candice - Women's Title

MVP vs Finlay vs Matt Hardy vs Rey - US Title

and then either

HHH vs Orton - WWE Title

HBK vs Flair

Jericho vs Kennedy

OR

HHH vs Flair

HBK vs Kennedy

Jericho vs Orton - WWE Title

That card doesn't look remotely awesome. JBL-Batista? We saw it, and it was horrible then. What's the point of throwing Finlay and Rey in the US Title match when everyone would rather see a grudge match with a returning Hardy and MVP? Triple H-Orton? Seen it, and it sucked. HHH-Flair Part 5? Yawn. Jericho vs Orton? Maybe, but that's not by any stretch of the imagination "awesome".

Bringing back MitB is overkill, I believe. It's better suited to be used as an attraction for a smaller PPV. The top half is pretty well set with

HHH-Orton WWE title (It's happening, accept it Jericho fans)

Edge-Taker World Championship

Punk-Umaga/Kennedy ECW Title (whichever mid-level heel that doesn't have a program going into will be handed to Punk just to get them on the card, still holding out on hope for Finlay)

Matt-MVP US Title

The rest will shuffle with Batista, Jericho, Finlay, Flair, Michaels, Mysterio, Jeff Hardy, Redneck Crew, Woman's title, Lashley, Kane, Khali and maybe JBL. Call me crazy but since I can't see Shawn fitting anywhere else, I want to see Mysterio and Shawn do a "dream" match (the tribute match hardly counts). I'm not sure where Jericho falls here but I don't see him getting the main event. Don't forget that at least two of those names mentioned above will likely be injured/suspended at the time. Batista-Lashley is possible just for Vince's love for hoss matches.

The only matches I'm seeing with Shawn are indeed vs. Mysterio or a WM XIX rematch with Jericho. Either one would be fine.

If they were willing to turn Batista heel, I'd be a tad curious to see him against either Rey or Lashley.

Doing Jericho-Shawn just puts Jericho right back where he was 4 years ago. Jericho will be an odd case since he won't main event but there's no way in hell he should be stuck doing a match with a Kennedy type or a retread match from 2003. I wouldn't want a 4-Way either with Shawn and Jericho being thrust into the title match.

I think maybe the Elimination Chamber will be participants from ECW and SmackDown, not just one brand. I don't think Taker or Edge (which should be the SD! main event for WM if all the reports are true) need to win the EC. I would think whoever wins the EC would challenge for the ECW Title.

Then again, I could be totally wrong.

Doing Jericho-Shawn just puts Jericho right back where he was 4 years ago. Jericho will be an odd case since he won't main event but there's no way in hell he should be stuck doing a match with a Kennedy type or a retread match from 2003. I wouldn't want a 4-Way either with Shawn and Jericho being thrust into the title match.

His odd, limbo like status, along with my own doubts regarding how well they'll be able to get feuds for the likes of Mysterio, Finlay, Lashley, Hardy, etc just makes me think that MitB will make a comeback, overkill or no.

His odd, limbo like status, along with my own doubts regarding how well they'll be able to get feuds for the likes of Mysterio, Finlay, Lashley, Hardy, etc just makes me think that MitB will make a comeback, overkill or no.

Mysterio-Shawn would write itself. Shawn just makes a offhand remark about being the toughest underdog in WWE history (which would be a complete joke, obviously) and Rey throws it back at Shawn. They confront and decide to determine who is the better of the two. It doesn't need to be more complicated then that. It would also allow Shawn to be the heel of the two and he is at his best like that.

Lashley might need to turn heel since he'll be behind HHH, Jericho, Hardy, Shawn and Flair as far as crowd reactions are concerned.

That card doesn't look remotely awesome. JBL-Batista? We saw it, and it was horrible then. What's the point of throwing Finlay and Rey in the US Title match when everyone would rather see a grudge match with a returning Hardy and MVP? Triple H-Orton? Seen it, and it sucked. HHH-Flair Part 5? Yawn. Jericho vs Orton? Maybe, but that's not by any stretch of the imagination "awesome".

JBL vs Batista was just because Batista needs a match. I also considered Batista vs Lashley. I had Matt going into the WM match as champ because I don't think we'll have to wait til April for him to get his match and the title from MVP. Triple H vs Orton was a really good match (the 2nd LMS) and I can't see Kennedy or Jericho headlining Mania so what else is there? Orton vs Lashley? No thanks. Triple H vs Flair would be Flair's retirement match..he should go out after a match with someone he's really close to in the business.

Lashley might need to turn heel since he'll be behind HHH, Jericho, Hardy, Shawn, Flair.

Considering how much of a bonner Vince has for Lashley, I doubt that. But I agree Lashley should turn heel, and give him a mouthpeice. Maybe Arn Anderson or Teddy Long.

Matt won't be back until February or Royal Rumble at the earliest. That's just about a month and couple weeks of time between his return and WM. MVP/Matt has been an epic feud and deserves to be blown off at WM and not No Way Out.

Batista would be a better choice then HHH since Batista has been put over as Flair's close friend and protege.