TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

WWE General Discussion - November 2007

JBL vs Batista was just because Batista needs a match.

Worst logic ever. If JBL is going to make a comeback, it wouldn't be against a wrestler who:

A) he already has feud with

B) A wrestler who he has had a history of bad matches with.

Even Batista in his autobiography admitted him and JBL's styles don't mesh. No offense, but your card sucks ass.

Ya know, JBL-Shawn wouldn't be so horrible. No clue how it would set up but it's the only other appealing match for me with Shawn outside of Mysterio. That said, no one really benefits from it. JBL beats Shawn, so what? Shawn has jobbed pretty much every WM. Shawn beats JBL? Wow, Shawn beat a year plus retired announcer.

Ya know, JBL-Shawn wouldn't be so horrible. No clue how it would set up but it's the only other appealing match for me with Shawn outside of Mysterio.

Remember JBL's promo last year on RAW where he slayed Shawn Michaels verbally? It was during the HBK/Cena WM build. It was a great promo.

Plus there's the whole "who's the best to come out of Texas" angle.

Ya know, JBL-Shawn wouldn't be so horrible. No clue how it would set up but it's the only other appealing match for me with Shawn outside of Mysterio.

Remember JBL's promo last year on RAW where he slayed Shawn Michaels verbally? It was during the HBK/Cena WM build. It was a great promo.

Austin would obviously referee.

JBL vs Batista was just because Batista needs a match.

Worst logic ever. If JBL is going to make a comeback, it wouldn't be against a wrestler who:

A) he already has feud with

B) A wrestler who he has had a history of bad matches with.

Even Batista in his autobiography admitted him and JBL's styles don't mesh. No offense, but your card sucks ass.

It wouldn't be JBL's comeback match; I thought he was coming back really soon. My other thinking was that there always seems to be a big man match and I really really don't want to see Henry or Khali wrestle at WM..or ever again for that matter.

If you want to turn Lashley heel, they can do it in tandem with the rumored Flair push. Have Lashley and Flair backstage, maybe after a Flair job; Lashley can say that he looked up to Flair, and that he hates seeing him like this...basically, imply that Flair is old and useless etc. That can be Flair's inspiration to retrain and go on a winning streak, leading to Orton barely holding him off at some PPV.

Next night on Raw (in Charlotte?), Flair gets a huge pop, demands a rematch. In the rematch Orton gets a chair or something, Lashley runs in, and just destroys Flair. He'll get some heat for that. Flair can come back from his "injuries" for the Wrestlemania 'Rocky' match with heel Lashley. Lashley's win can lead to a Batista/Lashley feud or a HHH/Lashley feud.

It seems like a better idea than having Lashley as the number 5 or 6 face on Raw, anyways.

I'd prefer Flair's last feud be with somebody who can be semi-engaging on the mic.

If Lashley as a heel does need somebody to go against, Jeff Hardy is right there.

I'd prefer Flair's last feud be with somebody who can actually talk, myself.

I think Flair's last match should be a respect match. Everyone will know Flair's done, no sense in having a blood feud close it out. It should be Flair doing a Flair match with a hot crowd and Flair cheating to win or getting outsmarted by whomever the other guy is.

Lashley taking out Flair would lead to a Batista-Lashley match and that's more suited for WWE.

If JBL is coming back for a Mania match why not with CM Punk? It would fit the M.O. of a young wrestler who JBL has never worked with getting put over, it writes itself from a character standpoint, counterculture youth v. conservative establishment, and I think it could be a pretty damn good match under the right circumstances. Not to really compare Punk to an Eddie Guerrero or John Cena from a match quality standpoint, but in some aesthetic respects he wrestles with a similar style to those two, and JBL has had his best matches with that type of opponent.

Flair's retirement match should be with HHH. Nothing else makes as much sense. And in turn that should make Chris Jericho the logical opponent for the WWE title, which also makes the most sense because there's virtually no other spot to slot him on the card that does him justice.

I'd say drag out Jericho's chase of Orton, McMahon gets involved and says he can't just walk in after being fired 2 years ago and expect a title match, he has to work his way back up the ladder, give him an impressive win streak, have him win the Rumble (just a hunch but I'm thinking SD/ECW will get the EC for Taker to earn the title shot, I can't see him winning back to back Rumbles), and then do the match at Mania. Jericho gets the title as his reward for coming back, Orton is slotted as Cena's stepping stone when he comes back, and Jericho transitions the belt back to Cena at SummerSlam in a nice little bookend feud.

Nobody wants to see HHH v. Orton anyway, they've been trying to build that match for like 4 years now and it's already happened a bunch of times, it's not worthy of being a Wrestlemania main event at this point.

I would welcome the idea of Punk-JBL if JBL was still critical of him. When Punk appeared on Smackdown, JBL was glowing about Punk's ability. It'd take some back-tracking but it wouldn't be impossible to pull off.

Punk and Guerrero are comparable given how much they worked with each other and respected each other but you don't get alot of Cena and Punk comparisons but I get where you are coming from.

I agree that Orton-HHH wouldn't be the best match and that it doesn't have alot of sizzle but as you said, they tried to set this match up at WM all the way back in 2004.

A couple of notes from Meltzer on Sunday's WOL:

The Flair 'one last run' storyline is set to happen, but how far it goes is going to depend on how it gets over, and there are people still negative on the idea.

Said the reaction to Jericho's return depends on who you ask internally. The people who wanted to like it did, and the people who didn't want to like it found more than enough not to like. When Alvarez asked if there are still people looking for Jericho to fail, Meltzer said, "Oh yeah" (You might want to hear it for yourself, as the tone if Meltzer's reply seemed to indicate that a lot of people are of that mindset). He thought the angle went on too long, with it peaking in early October.

They have their WM plan set and things aren't likely to change it now in regard to Jericho.

He doesn't know if Jericho is in the title picture for WM, but would bet against it.

I hope they use Jericho correctly. He has to stay at the top of the card, regardless of whoever wants to give him the shaft backstage.

If they fuck this up, count on Jericho reappearing on talk shows with negative things to say about the E...and I don't blame him.

At this point in HHH's career...I really wonder who Vince would listen to first...HHH or Shane...

I thought the Flair retirement angle had him saying that the next match he loses will be his last and then going on a tri-brand winning streak leading up to a title match at WM. One of the in the know paysites has said that HHH wanted to heel and face Cena, however with Cena out there isn't a strong enough babyface to play off against - could HHH get the title and then face Flair at WM24 - with the whole Rocky Balboa storyline of Flair getting one last shot and evil prick HHH would love nothing more than to retire the legend once and for all??

And since we're fantasy booking here - what about CM Punk vs HBK?? It could be as simple as HHH vs Flair and UT vs Edge has left HBK out of a title match, so he shows up on ECW and superkicks Punk in order to get his title match.

HHH© vs Flair - Title vs Retirement

Edge© vs Undertaker

CM Punk© vs HBK

Matt Hardy vs MVP© - Ladder Match (No MITB this year)

I could see Jericho head over to SD! sooner than later. I mean on SD! he could feud with Undertaker, MVP, Edge, Finlay, Mysterio, Hardy and slum over on ECW to wrestle CM Punk, Shelton Benjamin, Elijah Burke and John Morrison.

Hell trade him for Batiata tonight for all I care. Batista is one of HHH's chosen ones, so he wouldn't mind the move (unless he was losing a mole in the SD/ECW lockerroom) and Jericho would be out from the HHH oppression.

Jericho would have to get out of his contract first. People were treated worse then Jericho. RVD was a bigger misuse from WWE and you don't really see him slamming WWE left and right. (Hell, he did it more during his tenure then he has since leaving). Like any mainstream place would give a fuck if a wrestler wasn't put in the main event.

Shawn-Punk would be a mess. Not only that, I wouldn't want to see the negativity leading up to it. Shawn-JBL really sounds good to me now that I think about it. The promos should be fantastic. The best choices for Punk would be the aforementioned JBL idea, Finlay/Umaga or maybe Mysterio.

Austin would obviously referee.

I'd actually be interested in that. Shawn can play up past history with Austin and so could JBL. The only problem is that it ends with a Stunner right into Sweet Chin Music, beer bash, and another Stunner, Austin walks out tall.

BAH! Punk vs HBK is a dream match of mine, politics be damned. However I could get behind Punk/Finlay or Punk/Umaga just the same, though wouldn't be a big Mysterio vs Punk supporter but I'm not a big Mysterio fan to start with.

Trading Batista for Jericho would open up a lot of possibilities as well. It's not like he needs to be kept on Raw to pop the ratings, I mean his big return garnered a 0.1 boost.

I mean his big return garnered a 0.1 boost.

Outside of the smark world, his return wasn't really widespread. Give it a few more weeks.

I'm not saying Jericho will boost the ratings at all, but he's certainly not to blame for anything.

BAH! Punk vs HBK is a dream match of mine, politics be damned. However I could get behind Punk/Finlay or Punk/Umaga just the same, though wouldn't be a big Mysterio vs Punk supporter but I'm not a big Mysterio fan to start with.

Trading Batista for Jericho would open up a lot of possibilities as well. It's not like he needs to be kept on Raw to pop the ratings, I mean his big return garnered a 0.1 boost.

Punk vs. Finlay would be fun, especially if they incorporated the straight edge bit by having Punk disagree with a Guinness downing Finlay.

Actually, if the WWE really wanted, they could turn Punk heel one day and use the straight edge bit as a catalyst. It would get some definite heat.

As for Flair's retirement match, I'm in the camp that wants a nostalgia factor to it. Possibly against another Hall of Fame inductee (Steamboat, I'm looking in your direction). I know it probably won't happen, but I'd like to see Flair go out against an opponent he has a lot of history with, and Ricky Steamboat would be at the top of the list. I, however, kind of hope they don't put Dusty in the spot, though.

As for Flair's retirement match, I'm in the camp that wants a nostalgia factor to it. Possibly against another Hall of Fame inductee (Steamboat, I'm looking in your direction). I know it probably won't happen, but I'd like to see Flair go out against an opponent he has a lot of history with, and Ricky Steamboat would be at the top of the list. I, however, kind of hope they don't put Dusty in the spot, though.

If Sting was available, I'd offer him any bit to do that. Maybe Flair can turn on him once more :)

If Sting was available, I'd offer him any bit to do that. Maybe Flair can turn on him once more :)

I would be happy with that one as well.

Who are the people besides HHH not high on Chris Jericho?

Stephanie Mcmahon, probably.

Totally off topic. What do would happen to Hunter, if him and Steph got divorced? Does anybody think he'll still be in the company?

Who are the people besides HHH not high on Chris Jericho?

Stephanie Mcmahon, probably.

Totally off topic. What do would happen to Hunter, if him and Steph got divorced? Does anybody think he'll still be in the company?

That depends on if it was a bad divorce, or if they got along afterwards. I'm sure if Steph wanted him gone, he'd be gone.

Is it to early to try to even try and predict a Wrestlemania card? It's still 5 to 6 months away and a LOT can still change by then and personnally I think what we're seeing now is going to heavily change before the Rumble. I can't say excatly what because WWE right now is kinda all over place with injuries, suspensions (even though their pretty over at the moment), and just kinda killing good angles off (Balls and Kelly), I just think predicting a Wrestlemania card at this point, even a dream card, is kinda impossible.

Though a MITB match will happen. I think it's going to be a annual Wrestlemania match. I'm just waiting for someone whose a champion put their title on the line along with the briefcase.

Jericho would have to get out of his contract first. People were treated worse then Jericho. RVD was a bigger misuse from WWE and you don't really see him slamming WWE left and right. (Hell, he did it more during his tenure then he has since leaving). Like any mainstream place would give a fuck if a wrestler wasn't put in the main event.

Shawn-Punk would be a mess. Not only that, I wouldn't want to see the negativity leading up to it. Shawn-JBL really sounds good to me now that I think about it. The promos should be fantastic. The best choices for Punk would be the aforementioned JBL idea, Finlay/Umaga or maybe Mysterio.

Why would it be a mess?? I see a potentially great match with Punk going over a legend

WWE Diva Search winner and Survivor contestant Ashley Massaro updated her blog on MySpace, revealing that she cut her hair and removed the lip rings. Ashley has moved to Austin, TX., where she now lives with her boyfriend and

fellow Smackdown! Superstar Paul London. She will be part of the Survivor finale on CBS soon and her return to WWE television should come after the finale airs.

Credit: Gerweck.net

I wonder if it ever gets awkward backstage the way everyone shares.