TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

WWE General Discussion - November 2007

I'm not really one to hate on Triple H like 95% of the IWC, but damn is it annoying how he single handedly is burying Umaga. Umaga's been a credible huge monster basically since he debuted after WrestleMania 22. Even in the Cena feud, he was made to look awesome. Bam, feud with Triple H, and he's not a monster anymore, and hardly a threat.

It's a sad sad day when Mike Mizanin is on the front of a PPV poster...

They're taking the fact that fans voted him in to the Cyber Sunday ECW title match the wrong way. Which is how I expected it to be.

Jericho would have to get out of his contract first. People were treated worse then Jericho. RVD was a bigger misuse from WWE and you don't really see him slamming WWE left and right. (Hell, he did it more during his tenure then he has since leaving). Like any mainstream place would give a fuck if a wrestler wasn't put in the main event.

While I certainly agree during the first few years of his WWE run, I distinctly remember the WWE putting not one, but two "World" titles on RVD, before he smoked it, and any chance at a decent WWE run away. And that's from a RVD mark.

Shawn and Punk would be fantastic if Punk were turned heel and did the whole "I'm straight edge and better than you" heel gimmick from ROH. he could attack Shawn's ways of the past in regards to the Cliq and I'm sure, attack his "supposed Christian conversion"...if Shawn let him do it storyline-wise. Match-wise, if the WWE let Punk work lat the pace he did in ROH, this would be easily match of the night at Mania and probably match of the year candidate.

None of that would happen though. WWE spent a year breaking Punk down into their style of a wrestler and if they want to Punk to do the heel sXe character, Shawn wouldn't be the first option. You really think Shawn would put him over?

None of that would happen though. WWE spent a year breaking Punk down into their style of a wrestler and if they want to Punk to do the heel sXe character, Shawn wouldn't be the first option. You really think Shawn would put him over?

Well, i agree they wouldn't let Punk do the heel sXe character (which is so stupid) anytime soon, if ever, but if they did, why would Shawn have to put over Punk? It'd be nice, but Shawn's not Hogan (completely washed up and really only good to put over some young guy, but won't); why can't Shawn win mania leading to a couple of more matches and a prolonged feud with Punk in which Punk goes over eventually? Also, just having Punk face Michaels as opposed to the ECW crapfest of the Miz/ Big Daddy V/jobber would be putting him much more over, win or lose, anyways.

Jericho, Punk, Hardy, and all the other young guys/IWC favs can't all go over at mania, so why not stagger the wins over the next 4 months after mania?

They aren't keeping him from being a heel (Vince apparently seriously considered doing it, oblivious to fact it was Punk's niche in the indies) but he's also a good face.

Jericho and Hardy are young guys? They have been in the business for 18 and 10 years respectively.

Guest whatsabattle
The Rock is half Black half Samoan, which means he doesn't know whether to eat all your food or steal your furniture.

Wasn't that an xwrestling/wrestling uncensored bit back in the day that Rock went off about during a radio interview with the sites owner present?

shh someone might still see it and flip out

They aren't keeping him from being a heel (Vince apparently seriously considered doing it, oblivious to fact it was Punk's niche in the indies) but he's also a good face.

Not that his face run has been oversaturated at this point at all, but I do think his face character has become stagnant, thanks to the the WWE writers. He's champ, but all he does is just smiles alot, goes to the ring, wrestles the 8-10 minute match in which does the face in peril until the end when he wins. He needs promo time, big time. Which is so silly, since, if anything, the guy is gold on the mike.

Jericho and Hardy are young guys? They have been in the business for 18 and 10 years respectively.

Well, i meant in regards to WWE pushes compared to a a HHH type.

I think it's to Punk's credit that he is so over without hardly speaking. It's not as if he doesn't show personality, that will always connect to a crowd, regardless of how much he talks. He had a good short period of time where he got to show off his skills during the new breed angle but that was mostly in skits.

WWE has handled Punk pretty well and it's clear they are high on him.

Jericho is someone who I don't think was used right from day one in the WWF. But then if you think on it, how exactly should he have been used? In WCW the guy was a goofball comedy heel (similar to Santino right now, though better as a wrestler), so it's a bit tougher to book him seriously. Jericho lost a major supporter when Russo left in late 1999.

Rob Van Dam was used quite well in WWE from his initial run in 2001 all the way through roughly Sept. 2002. He got the big opening push out of the gate, fell off a bit once the Invasion ended, then had some really solid IC feuds with Eddie and Benoit, and looked poised to main event. I still would have put Van Dam over at KOTR 2002 and given Lesnar a slower push to the top, which might have prevented Lesnar's flame out.

That said, I don't think Jericho was ever as buried as RVD was once he went to SD in 2004. It used to sicken me to watch that show and see JBL with the world title while RVD was jobbing to friggin Kenzo Suzuki and Rene Dupree.

The one thing I don't understand is if Triple H has so much against Jericho, why didn't he bury him at the height of Jericho's WWE career(atleast popularity wise) ? He put over and jobbed to Jericho on RAW with the whole "title change that didn't happen", which helped put Jericho over as more then just an IC title level wrestler. Then there was the Last Man Standing match in which HHH BARELY won. The HHH feud in 2000 was the 1st time Jericho ever feud with anyone at the main event level, and HHH helped Jericho look legit.

The one thing I don't understand is if Triple H has so much against Jericho, why didn't he bury him at the height of Jericho's WWE career(atleast popularity wise) ? He put over and jobbed to Jericho on RAW with the whole "title change that didn't happen", which helped put Jericho over as more then just an IC title level wrestler.

You mean the Raw where Hunter called him a sawed off midget, and then pinned him clean in the main event, even though either of the APA could have easily taken the fall instead?

That wasn't putting Jericho over. Not in the slightest.

HHH may have barely won at Fully Loaded, but he wasn't the one in mid-card fueds with the likes of Benoit, X-Pac, Kane, and Regal the year following, and it didn't take him 11 months to get another PPV main event spot again.

HHH may have barely won at Fully Loaded, but he wasn't the one in mid-card fueds with the likes of Benoit, X-Pac, Kane, and Regal the year following, and it didn't take him 11 months to get another PPV main event spot again.

HHH did feud with Benoit and Angle after his feud with Jericho. Angle wasn't considered a legit main event wrestlers prior to HHH feuding with him, despite winning the KOTR. He was coming off getting squashed by Undertaker the previous PPV. That whole Stephanie/HHH/Angle triangle did a lot for Angle, despite it ending pretty bad.

HHH did feud with Benoit and Angle after his feud with Jericho. Angle wasn't considered a legit main event wrestlers prior to HHH feuding with him, despite winning the KOTR. He was coming off getting squashed by Undertaker the previous PPV. That whole Stephanie/HHH/Angle triangle did a lot for Angle, despite it ending pretty bad.

You're right. It turned him into a super geek that nobody could take seriously. Angle wasn't considered a legit main event before feuding with HHH, and he wasn't considered one after.

You're right. It turned him into a super geek that nobody could take seriously. Angle wasn't considered a legit main event before feuding with HHH, and he wasn't considered one after.

The Angle/HHH feud generated a lot of interest from the fans, it was no question one of the best feuds in the WWF that year, despite it having a shitty ending. People would tune in each week trying to figure out what would happen next. It was great TV, and from my understanding it was apart of the reason that made Vince decide to put the belt on Angle.

The Angle/HHH feud generated a lot of interest from the fans, it was no question one of the best feuds in the WWF that year, despite it having a shitty ending. People would tune in each week trying to figure out what would happen next. It was great TV, and from my understanding it was apart of the reason that made Vince decide to put the belt on Angle.

It was the best storyline of the year up until the finish, at which point all the momentum built up was pissed away and meant nothing. No good having the best storyline of the year if the ending is so ass backwards it destroys everything that's been built up.

At one time or another Umaga was supposed to be traded to SD! for Mark Henry. Though I don't know if it was dropped or not...

HHH is the push killer. He's booked like Hogan back in the day - build up a monster contender, have them go over the entire roster and then feed him to Hogan and then job him out back down the card while building up your next challenger.

RVD was a total misuse. The fact they waited until 2006 to put the title on him was a huge blunder. He was ready to be champ in 2002 when he was clearly the top face of the company (when Rock and Austin weren't around).

What HHH did to him in 2002 completely ruined any chance for the company to make any real money off of him.

It also was the feud that made me (and a whole lot of other people) start taking Angle seriously.