TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Craig Th

WWE General Discussion - November 2007

The #1 reason to go HD is sports. It's hard for me to watch football or the YES Network w/out it being in HD now. I'm spoiled and can't even imagine going back.

I've had the opportunity to watch several basketball games in HD, which is the only sport I really care about, and HD does not appreciably improve my watching experience.

HD from what I've seen offers a decent improvement, but seems like another way to make everybody buy a new tv, dvd player, and a bunch of dvds. I think it does look good, but unfortunately I'm running on an 12 year old standard tv, so right now It's not something I need. I have the PS3 so I tried running a few blu-ray dvds, and with my current tv it doesn't look any different so I won't be going out of my way on though yet either.

- The 11/10 house show at the Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne, Australia did a building record of 15,506 fans.

- The tri-branded super show in Ft. Myers, FL, the night before the Survivor Series, drew a 7,500 sell out, with a gate over $250,000.

- The 10/22 Raw was watched live by 96.6% of viewers, thus, 3.4% watched the episode on tape.

- Dr. Gary Brandwien was arrested on 11/14.

Dr. Brandwein, a Boca Raton doctor with Signature Pharmacy, was arrested in connection to the Albany, NY D.A. investigation. He personally wrote steroid prescriptions for Chris Benoit, Eddy Guerrero, and Brian Adams.

(credit: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter)

- Sci Fi network sent out a press release this week touting their recent ratings success. Ghost Hunters and Battlestar Galactica were the most praised shows. However ECW which is week to week one of Sci Fi's top rated shows was not mentioned at all.

- The Ringside Collectibles exclusive "Brood" era Hardy Boyz two pack is now in stock.

http://www.wrestlingfigs.com/uploads/artic...471_article.jpg

- CM Punk attends AIDS event.

http://www.mississauganews.com/article/8991

- Candice Michelle is tentively scheduled to return to the road on 12/29.

- Smackdown v. Raw 2008 debuted at #2 in the U.K. in its first week of release for all game formats. (#1 on PS2, #2 on PS3, and #3 on X Box 360 and PSP)

- WWE in Brazil will be shown on SBT (Brazilian Television System) in December 15.

SBT will be starting shown RAW on (Saturday), and later on 16, Sunday, will be starting shown SmackDown!.

RAW will be on 19:15 PM every Saturday and SmackDown! will be on 12:30 AM every Sunday.

Gerweck.net

I love it when I'm at work and people ask me for movies like "RV" on Bluray. It's worth the extra 15 dollars to see THIS movie in better picture? Really?

:D agreed. I also love when someone aks me to explain the differences betweeen Blu-ray and HD

I love it when I'm at work and people ask me for movies like "RV" on Bluray. It's worth the extra 15 dollars to see THIS movie in better picture? Really?

:D agreed. I also love when someone aks me to explain the differences betweeen Blu-ray and HD

I wish I got that question, unfortunately I'm still telling people the differences between full and widescreen. In fact I was so sick of explaining it night after night that I printed off a screen that shows the difference, and even after looking at it I still get. "Well if full screen cuts the picture then how come I still have the black bars that cuts off the top and bottom when I watch widescreen?" Jesus people are stupid.

The #1 reason to go HD is sports. It's hard for me to watch football or the YES Network w/out it being in HD now. I'm spoiled and can't even imagine going back.

I've had the opportunity to watch several basketball games in HD, which is the only sport I really care about, and HD does not appreciably improve my watching experience.

Did the bright vivid lights hurt your sensitive eyes? :(

- Sci Fi network sent out a press release this week touting their recent ratings success. Ghost Hunters and Battlestar Galactica were the most praised shows. However ECW which is week to week one of Sci Fi's top rated shows was not mentioned at all.

I thought ECW was the top rated program on Sci Fi?

I thought ECW was the top rated program on Sci Fi?

It is.

It is. This is example #923890 of a network being embarrassed to admit they're making money off wrestling.

Personally, I do see a difference between regular and HD, but I don't care, it's not THAT much better. I think it's a ludicrous pile of cash to shell out for an incredibly arbitrary difference, that money would be better spent paying off your credit card bills or something. I don't have the money to waste on a HD set, much less the money to replace all my DVDs with a HD player and a Bluray plus yet more money for HD cable.

The whole subject of HD of a conversation topic is about appealing as what race The Rock is...

Speaking of The Rock, it's nice to hear that they're trying to contact him for a special appearance. I imagine it would be a comedy segment with Hornswoggle, Coach, Santino, Vince or all 4 combined. I definitely wouldn't have him do a segment with Orton, HHH, Kennedy, HBK, Jericho or anyone that he would seemingly have a feud with considering it's only a one time thing.

Seeing how this is shaping up to be the most star powered Raw in recent history, I wouldn't be suprised to see Cena back for a special appearance as well.

I say Cena gets the biggest pop...closely followed by The Rock and Austin. HHH and HBK are seemingly getting less and less over as the weeks go on. If Hogan appears, well...I just don't know. I don't care about him and his only value at all is for a quick nostalgia pop with some shirt ripping and such.

Tickets go on sale for Smackdown in January today in Wilkes-Barre. I'm going to try and pick up tickets (unfortunately I work until 1pm). I doubt there will be another limo explosion, but it should be a fun show.

I think it's a ludicrous pile of cash to shell out for an incredibly arbitrary difference, that money would be better spent paying off your credit card bills or something.

How about I pay off my credit card balance each month like a responsible person, and buy what I feel like if I enjoy it?

Anyway, I'm really not interested in seeing Rock come back on RAW, show up the whole roster (because he's heads and shoulders above anyone they have now), and appear in a basically meaningless segment of some kind.

I wish I got that question, unfortunately I'm still telling people the differences between full and widescreen. In fact I was so sick of explaining it night after night that I printed off a screen that shows the difference, and even after looking at it I still get. "Well if full screen cuts the picture then how come I still have the black bars that cuts off the top and bottom when I watch widescreen?" Jesus people are stupid.

oh no, I get that question too at least 3 times a day. then I get "how come this dvd is only in widescreen/fullscreen"

some people think fullscreen is the "black bars" thing I try to use the term letterbox but they have no clue. then if a movie doesnt say widescreen or fullscreen on the cover they dont know how to look for it on the back. I tell them "if it says original theatrical aspect ratio that means widescreen" or "1:33:1 = full screen, any other numbers equals widescreen"

damn now im getting pissed off on my day off :D

Am I the only guy in North America that seriously doesn't give a shit about HD, wrestling or otherwise?

There are plenty of people in North America who dont care about HD but they're all 90 years old, blind and prefer to listen to Paul Harvey for the rest of the story before they go outside and yell at the kids playing in their yard and giving them a "back in my day.." speech.

Well, this certainly qualifies as one of the douchier things I've read on these boards. You're much more entertaining when you're giving everyone a voyeuriffic peek into your love life.