TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Toxxic

All Hallows Comments Thread

OK...

Fury jobbed himself to a jobber. Christ. I mean, ring rust and all, yes, but McLennan? Good God man.

So no ladder match. I was surprised at this, as both Luke-O and JJ told me they were actually in the process of writing when I spoke to them in the week.

No Dace/IL match. But IL as we know is a master of the no-show, and Dace didn't even know he was booked until some time after the card went up. Which was my fault, as he suggested a Hallowe'en Hardcore match and I thought he suggested it FOR HIM.

Alexander came with the goodness, glad to see Jakey and Tom got something in as well. REALLY confused about Hawke/Va'aiga, as it appears Hawke has jobbed himself as well! (I know for a fact Va'aiga's computer was broken, and WC told me Hawke sent him something. So... Hawke jobs himself to the returnee. Mighty big of ya, Jay. Have a World Title shot).

The two jobs for character development purposes were actually very intriguing. Jay's made perfect sense, as he had to face off against a surprise opponent who severely outsized him. Fury sets himself up for a great comeback. I am still too much of a newb and a selfish bastard to do anything like that just yet, but I will give some serious kudos there. I enjoyed both the tag matches as well.

JJ has "been in the process of writing" every no-show in his career. At Genesis VI (or whenever it was he no-showed against Blank) I think he told me he had 8k or something. Damn you, Justin!

Honestly, I had a Hell of a time writing even -that- much... I was rusty as all get-out.

But, considering I'd written Fury as not expecting to wrestle so soon after signing on... And he hadn't been wrestling for a year plus... I just couldn't justify him being able to get back in the ring and dominate. Surprising, yes... But... I made an impression, didn't I? :D

Anyway... A few more promos, some looksies at old matches and stuf... I'll be back in form (and so will Fury) in short order.

In all honesty, I felt like dreck finishing up my match and don't know if I'd have been so giving if...

A. I knew I had the title shot coming and,

B. I felt well enough to think of a logical conclusion that had me winning.

But honestly, only in rare circumstances should a returnee lose, so, not knowing I was getting the title shot, it made the most sense business-wise.

Besides, when I beat Toxxic it sets up another challenger.

Another title shot disappointment... And yeah, Johnny actually had a valid excuse for a change, but it still stings; this is, I think, the third time in our last five title shots that we ended up no-showing. :(

Take comfort in the fact that as long as you're a team you'll always be contenders. It's not like you had the one chance and blew it. In kayfabe another team might step up next, but anytime the fed needs tag contenders, Wild & Dangerous will be near the top of the list.

Sign in to follow this