TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
brokentusk16

So can you still watch Chris Benoit matches?

I haven't been able to try and watch a Benoit match on DVD (which sucks becuse Hard Knocks was one of my favorites). What about you guys? Are you still able to watch Chris Benoit matches?

I can, and actually I find his interviews/whenever he talks much better/believable now, since you really believe he actually can do what he says (actually did). Macabre, I know, but it's the truth.

I'm sure the Chris Benoit of his last three days is completely different from the Chris Benoit of the last 20+ years.

The Chris Benoit before the last 3 days of his life was a lunatic who beat his wife, thought invisible men were following him, tortured a younger wrestler for "disrespecting Shawn Michaels," laughed at a crying referee backstage at a Japanese show and then called him a "gay bitch," and may have been injecting his son with HGH for non-medical reasons, among other things I'm probably forgetting.

I wonder how that ref feels now, given the fact the Benoit kept a diary exclusively for Eddie and well, in the end, seemed to care much more about Eddie than his family.

I haven't actively seeked out any Benoit matches to watch but, if he happens to be wrestling on a show I picked out randomly (I have hundreds of unlabeled tapes), I watch his match and enjoy it.

What are the stories on torturing a young wrestler

Here's a story:

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...&hl=daivari

However, I'm not sure that's the incident that Triple H talked about...

Different story, Daivari wanted to do the squats.

I'm sure the Chris Benoit of his last three days is completely different from the Chris Benoit of the last 20+ years.

The Chris Benoit before the last 3 days of his life was a lunatic who beat his wife, thought invisible men were following him, tortured a younger wrestler for "disrespecting Shawn Michaels," laughed at a crying referee backstage at a Japanese show and then called him a "gay bitch," and may have been injecting his son with HGH for non-medical reasons, among other things I'm probably forgetting.

I wonder how that ref feels now, given the fact the Benoit kept a diary exclusively for Eddie and well, in the end, seemed to care much more about Eddie than his family.

Probably not as lucky as Kevin Nash and Mike Graham feel.

I can enjoy OJ in the Nacked Gun b/c in my mind he's more a product of pop culture than a human being. I havn't activly sought out or avoided Beniot matches, but I still get creeped out every time he show's up on TV. I was a huge Beniot mark, and I know this sounds gay, but he gave me joy. It's just wierd and creppy that he envokes so many memories and feelings at once.

Guest arrogantbastard

I watch Benoit matches all the time. There's nothing wrong with watching one of the best wrestlers ever. I mean... I followed this guy's career from ECW, when I was 8 years old. I can't stop watching a guy who I marked out for years over.

I still listen to records that were produced by Phil Spector... the fact that he's a murderer doesn't make the art any lesser.

I'm sorry for thinking that brain damage is bad while you prove Bret Hart's "circus animals" theory right and engage in a circle jerk to distract yourselves.

Fucking cunts.

By the way, I think there's nothing wrong with watching Benoit matches, but these constant threads where people try to feel better about themselves by hearing from like-minded people got old within days of the murders, as did people burying their heads in the sand.

Bix please get a girlfriend or something. You've been on this bullshit for the past 4 months, on about 3 different boards.

We get it, WWE is evil, and they're creating monsters...Thanks, for telling us 20 times a day.

Jericho's book, even in its final version, doesn't exactly paint the picture of a stable guy, even if it's less "evil." The story that sticks out is from after a match at a NJPW show. Benoit sold a spinning kick by Jericho before it hit. Jericho was sure it wasn't noticeable, but Benoit felt that he had to "cleanse" himself of the blown spot, so he decided to 500 Hindu squats. Jericho started to do the squats with him, but being tired from the match, he stopped and slinked away as it seemed that Benoit had no idea he was leaving.
Awsome!!!!

We get it, WWE is evil, and they're creating monsters...Thanks, for telling us 20 times a day.

I didn't say that in this thread. I was mostly pointing out logical fallacies and the fact that this thread is a really, really transparent attempt at a circle jerk so people can feel better about watching Benoit matches.

Yeah, there was this, but that was only because the use of the word "learn" felt weird in the context.

Well, that and I'm bored.

I watched the 2005 Rumble and that chop fest with Benoit, Guerrerro and Holly on Puder was something to behold.

What are the stories on torturing a young wrestler

Here's a story:

http://forums.thesmartmarks.com/index.php?...&hl=daivari

However, I'm not sure that's the incident that Triple H talked about...

I don't know if it's the same story, but I remember hearing about Hassan disrespecting some backstage maybe it was him during the Hassan/Davari vs. Michaels/Hogan feud? I remember his name popping up for something back then.

I still watch Benoit matches all the time, He was awesome in the ring. I followed Benoit since 1994, and he still is probably my favorite wrestler of all time. I only knew Benoit the wrestler, not Benoit the person, even if he was crazy

I don't know if it's the same story, but I remember hearing about Hassan disrespecting some backstage maybe it was him during the Hassan/Davari vs. Michaels/Hogan feud? I remember his name popping up for something back then.

My friend and I were talking about this the other day. Apparently Hassan went to someone, maybe even Eddie, and said that he didn't want Eddie using the Camel Clutch anymore, since it was "his finisher." Benoit confronted Hassan and asked him who invented the Camel Clutch. When Hassan replied "the Sheik," Benoit corrected him and told him that it was Gory (sp.) Guerrero who invented it. He then proceeded to throw Hassan's gear out of the locker room and made him change in the hallway.

Who was Asya in WCW in 1999?

Some woman they hired who wasn't relevant to the topic being discussed in this thread.

And I can. It was weird at first, and I still cringe when he goes for the headbutt, but I can watch and enjoy them.

Not only do I not watch Benoit matches, I don't watch any wrestling anymore. At all... as in I haven't seen a second of professional wrestling since the murders.

I may peruse these threads a little bit, but other than that I am completely done with wrestling. It wasn't just Benoit that completely ruined me. I was already very down on the business, but this whole mess was just enough to do it for good. Thanks Chris!

I haven't made an effort to watch, or to not watch a Benoit match since the incident. If there is a good match with Benoit in it, then I'll watch it if its on, but I probably won't go out of my way to watch it.