TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Big Ol' Smitty

Worst President Ever?

There you run into complications. Oxy is a very powerful and often quite addictive painkiller. I've known at least one person who's died from overdosing on it via recreational use. So I can't agree with it being legal for anyone who wants to take it for whatever reason. On the other hand, it's also an effective medication for treating patients suffering truly agonizing pain. So I wouldnt' agree with it being completely outlawed. Thus, middle ground must be found.

I think part of the medical marijuana problem is a states' rights issue. Places like California have decided that they want this, have legally voted it in, but the feds have decided that the states aren't allowed to decide this. Which seems a bit unfair.

Also, for some reason, I got into my head the mental image of Marney being really high, and it was funny.

I have addressed this issue in the past. Speaking as a medical doctor, a law enforcement officer, and a military officer, I will again state that the control of potentially behavior-altering substances with medical uses is a very dangerous slope. As a doctor I do not want to deny anyone the right to alleviate pain or prolong life. As a law enforcement officer I consider it at best ineffective and at worst counterproductive to investigate what is essentially a victimless crime; it makes approximately as much sense as punishing people who attempt to commit suicide. And as a military officer I disapprove of wasting resources by arresting or imprisoning the sick. And finally, as an ideological libertarian, I believe that people have the right to ingest any and all substances for any and all reasons.

And on a more personal note, since I am certain someone will make reference to this fact: I am dying of cancer myself and smoking marijuana could theoretically alleviate my nausea and allow me to consume solid nutrition, but the facts of the law make such exceptions improvident. Despite any possible improvement in my own health I cannot and will not support this idea.

You are a fool.

You Fool! You Foolish Fool!

And on a more personal note, since I am certain someone will make reference to this fact: I am dying of cancer myself and smoking marijuana could theoretically alleviate my nausea and allow me to consume solid nutrition, but the facts of the law make such exceptions improvident. Despite any possible improvement in my own health I cannot and will not support this idea.

Come out to California, honey. You could help crack down on the illegal scum and we could celebrate with some medical marijuana and a nice proper steak.

Guest College Party
I am dying of cancer

:(

I thought "Cancer Marney" was just a clever name.

It was, originally. :) Anyway, I'm not really dying, they just tell me I am every so often. Hasn't happened yet.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

Judging strictly from communicating with you here, psychotropic drugs might be the worst possible thing you could ever ingest. Stick with the vino.

It was, originally. :) Anyway, I'm not really dying, they just tell me I am every so often. Hasn't happened yet.

Laura_Roslin_003.jpg

Perhaps you'd like some of my "Kamala Extract"?

I finally decided to get off my knees in front of RON PAUL RON PAUL RON PAUL and came across this. Oh no everybody it's Keith Olbermann! I dare anyone to step up and counter ANYTHING this man says here. Come Jingus... I know you are up for it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h013lSAypt8 Part 1

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YaYjFGV9c6g Part 2

Yep. Worst fucking President EVER.

Now I will sit back and watch as I become to Olbermann as Marvin is the Glenn Beck.

Discussion? I doubt it.

Come Jingus... I know you are up for it.

Why call me out? I like Olbermann. I don't listen to him much because I rarely listen to any pundits, but he's one of the better ones. I enjoy his "dry, serious version of Jon Stewart" routine as opposed to the screamers, whiners, and megalomaniacal psycopaths who comprise so much of the professional opinion-havers.

I finally decided to get off my knees in front of RON PAUL RON PAUL RON PAUL and came across this. Oh no everybody it's Keith Olbermann! I dare anyone to step up and counter ANYTHING this man says here. Come Jingus... I know you are up for it.

Now I will sit back and watch as I become to Olbermann as Marvin is the Glenn Beck.

Discussion? I doubt it.

I'm going to make a counter argument because I think Olbermann went too far this time, because to be honest, I thought he was putting words into Bush's mouth.

President Bush was asked about a worst case scenario, and of course he's going to say what a horrible mistake he thinks pulling out of Iraq would be and the worst case scenario would be that America would get attacked again...Bush didn't make the link to electing Democrats, Olbermann did that on his own. And Bush was ASKED about why he quit golfing, and he didn't say he was making this big sacrifice, but just that'd look bad if he was doing that so publicly while soldiers were dying in Iraq. Olbermann basically took a normal interview with Bush and twisted it to make Bush look bad.

Guest Desensitized

If Steve Berthiaume is the next Booyah talking head to become a Serious Respected Political Voice, I'm going to be profoundly upset.

I'm not going to defend Bush on this one, though...

President Bush launched a sharp but veiled attack Thursday on Sen. Barack Obama and other Democrats, suggesting they favor "appeasement" of terrorists in the same way some Western leaders appeased Hitler in the run-up to World War II.

The president did not name Obama or any other Democrat, but White House aides privately acknowledged the remarks were aimed at the presidential candidate and others in his party. Former President Jimmy Carter has called for talks with Hamas.

"Some seem to believe we should negotiate with terrorists and radicals, as if some ingenious argument will persuade them they have been wrong all along," Bush said at Israel's 60th anniversary celebration in Jerusalem.

"We have heard this foolish delusion before," Bush said in remarks to Israel's parliament, the Knesset. "As Nazi tanks crossed into Poland in 1939, an American senator declared: 'Lord, if only I could have talked to Hitler, all of this might have been avoided.' We have an obligation to call this what it is — the false comfort of appeasement, which has been repeatedly discredited by history."

The remarks seemed to be a not-so-subtle attempt to continue to raise doubts about Obama with Jewish Americans. Those doubts were earlier stoked by Sen. John McCain, the presumptive Republican nominee in the 2008 presidential election, when he recently charged that Obama is the favored candidate of the Islamic fundamentalist group Hamas, which the U.S. government has listed as a terrorist group.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/...-of-terrorists/

At first Bush aids admitted he was talking about Obama, et. al., but the White House later backed off the suggestion.

The White House said Bush's comment wasn't a reference to Obama.

"It is not," press secretary Dana Perino told reporters in Israel. "I would think that all of you who cover these issues and have for a long time have known that there are many who have suggested these types of negotiations with people that the president, President Bush, thinks that we should not talk to. I understand when you're running for office you sometimes think the world revolves around you. That is not always true. And it is not true in this case."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24647048/

Then this happened (see 2:10):

youcantdothatteacher.jpg

"Where do they find them and why do they keep sending them to ME?"

(Hey...I can't be the only one who watched a lot of Nickelodeon in the 80s.)

The funny thing was, Kevin James wasted all that time comparing Chamberlain and Obama, when Bush's reference was actually to William Borah (although it was intially Bush that incorrectly equated Borah's comments to appeasement). That's wasted time he could have spent blaming Bill Clinton for 9/11 or calling Obama a Muslim sleeper-agent.

Discussion? I doubt it.

I'm going to make a counter argument because I think Olbermann went too far this time, because to be honest, I thought he was putting words into Bush's mouth.

President Bush was asked about a worst case scenario, and of course he's going to say what a horrible mistake he thinks pulling out of Iraq would be and the worst case scenario would be that America would get attacked again...Bush didn't make the link to electing Democrats, Olbermann did that on his own. And Bush was ASKED about why he quit golfing, and he didn't say he was making this big sacrifice, but just that'd look bad if he was doing that so publicly while soldiers were dying in Iraq. Olbermann basically took a normal interview with Bush and twisted it to make Bush look bad.

No, no, no. Bush hangs himself with his own words well enough that Olbermann need only quote The President to make him look like the ass he is. In fact I think Olbermann didn't go far enough! He completely forgot how many vacations Bush has gone on during these war years. Is that not a slap in the face to every troops over seas? Is it not a safe assumption that Bush is every bit an arrogant prick that leftists have suggested he is when you tie those two things (along with his bass akwards approach to leadership) together? Sure, he might not know what he is saying is outright offensive and a validation of the long list of accusations and complaints against him, but that is as they say "a spade". There was no twisting needed.

::Goes ice skating in hell. Gets into a hockey fight with Benoit.::

I'm... a little surprised that Jerk made my usual point for me here. Guys, I don't like Bush. I think he's done a fairly lame job overall as President with few positive things anyone could point to in which he improved this country's standing. Bash him all you want... but keep it accurate. I don't care if someone wants to make a comment about, say, Tom Cruise wearing tinfoil hats and flinging his own feces around, because he's just an actor and who the fuck cares. When you're talking about the President of the most powerful nation on the planet and all the extremely serious political issues that go along with that, don't exaggerate. Get your fucking facts straight and call him out on all the bad shit which it's factually accepted that he's really done. Don't go making the Hitler comparisons or chimpanzee jokes, because that makes you look like a fucking nutcase and nobody will listen to your arguments other than the fellow hippies who already think that's true.

The funny thing was, Kevin James wasted all that time comparing Chamberlain and Obama, when Bush's reference was actually to William Borah (although it was intially Bush that incorrectly equated Borah's comments to appeasement). That's wasted time he could have spent blaming Bill Clinton for 9/11 or calling Obama a Muslim sleeper-agent.

Plus, there was that "King of Queens" business.

Guest Desensitized

Holy shit, that was bad television. No advertisers should buy time on MSNBC.