TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EdwardKnoxII

Nick Hogan Arrested in Crash

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=282955>1=7703

Hulk Hogan's Son Arrested in Crash

Nov. 7, 2007, 12:45 PM EST

The Associated Press

CLEARWATER, Fla. -- Wrestler Hulk Hogan's son turned himself in Wednesday on charges stemming from a street-racing crash this summer that critically injured a passenger in his car, police said.

Nick Bollea, 17, was arrested on charges of reckless driving involving serious bodily injury, Clearwater police spokeswoman Elizabeth Daly-Watts said. He arrived at the Pinellas County Jail handcuffed and accompanied by two police officers, The Tampa Tribune reported.

"Because Nick is still a juvenile and has no prior criminal record, we are disappointed that he is being charged as an adult offender. However, we are confident that the evidence will demonstrate that this was an accident," family spokesman Adam Handelsman said in a written statement.

The statement also sought to discredit reports that Bollea caused the crash by driving fast, saying preliminary expert reports indicated that it was not a high-speed accident.

Police said Bollea was racing his father's 1998 Toyota Supra against a Dodge Viper on Aug. 26 when the car Bollea was driving struck a curb, spun across two lanes of traffic and slammed rear-end first into a palm tree. His passenger, John Graziano, was critically injured.

Graziano, 22, suffered a broken skull and has been comatose at Bayfront Medical Center, according to medical professionals who examined him and submitted reports on his condition to court.

In addition to the reckless driving charge, authorities cited Bollea for using a motor vehicle in commission of a felony, being a driver under 21 while operating a vehicle with a breath-alcohol level of .02 percent or higher and having illegal window tinting.

The blood-alcohol level at which Florida law presumes a driver to be impaired is .08 percent.

"Nick will meet and answer these charges in the appropriate arena a court of law," attorneys Sandy Weinberg Jr. and Kevin Hayslett said a statement released on their client's behalf.

The Viper's driver, 22-year-old Daniel Jacobs, did not directly cause the crash but was summoned to court for a reckless driving charge.

Hulk Hogan picked up his son from the jail after a brief news conference.

I can them dropping the Window tinting charge for Nick, and Hulk take the balme and perhaps pay a fine, or sign a few autographs. As for the rest of the chrages, it should be interesting to see how they will try and squirm out of them. Also, does anyone know the maximum sentence if he is convicted of the charges?

Guest CorporateMankind

In all fairness though , it seems as if the media has totally forgotten the fact that Graziano wasn't wearing his seat belt. Had he (Graziano) been wearing his , just as Nick was , all this would just be another Tampa/Clearwater accident. And , truthfully, we have crashes like this EVERYDAY here.

I'd really hate to see Nick's life ruined because his buddy forgot to "Buckle-Up"!

Also, does anyone know the maximum sentence if he is convicted of the charges?

Theoretically a lot, but in reality not much. Just another Vince Neil type deal. He's done this type of stuff before and gotten away with it. Taking his licence away forever is the most he'll get, I'm sure. Probably not even that.

It's the responsibility of the driver to make sure everybody in the car has the seatbelt on. You can't not blame Nick for the passenger not having a seatbelt on. He should have not driven until his passenger had the seatbelt on. That's the law. There's no justifiable reason to not wear your seatbelt in a moving car.

Edward Graziano was charged with trying to arrange for the murder of his estranged wife Debra Graziano, according to Tampa Bay Online. He was arrested after he had several meetings with an undercover detective who was posing as a go-between for a hit man.

He stated during the meetings that he wanted to have her killed in an automobile accident. He gave the undercover officer $1,100 in cash, wrote a check for $1,000, and gave a gift card for $13.06 for a local pizza shop to execute the murder. To read the full story, visit TBO.com.

Powell's POV: Graziano is the father of John Graziano, who was severely injured in the Nick Bollea car accident. This is a shocking twist to the story.

Credit: prowrestlingnet.com

Edward Graziano was charged with trying to arrange for the murder of his estranged wife Debra Graziano, according to Tampa Bay Online. He was arrested after he had several meetings with an undercover detective who was posing as a go-between for a hit man.

He stated during the meetings that he wanted to have her killed in an automobile accident. He gave the undercover officer $1,100 in cash, wrote a check for $1,000, and gave a gift card for $13.06 for a local pizza shop to execute the murder. To read the full story, visit TBO.com.

Powell's POV: Graziano is the father of John Graziano, who was severely injured in the Nick Bollea car accident. This is a shocking twist to the story.

Credit: prowrestlingnet.com

Win.

For a second, I thought he was arrested again, I was like WTF?

Guest Smues

Can that really be consider a 'shocking twist' to the Nick story though? Seems fairly unrelated. And only 13.06 for pizza? That wouldn't get you a whole lot of pizza up here. Yeah I could get a large 1-topper and a 2-liter of soda or something from Great Alaskan Pizza Company, but if I'm going to contract kill someone I want Pizza Hut (and it's game face) or better.

Speaking of Nick it seems the little fucker can drive again.

http://www.whptv.com/entertainment/story/N...5WswahKMFg.cspx

Nick Hogan allowed back in driver's seat

Last Update: 2/04 11:38 am

Hulk Hogan's son Nick has been granted permission to drive for business-related purposes just months after he was jailed for a drunken car crash that left his best friend brain damaged.

The 18-year-old served five months of an eight-month sentence after pleading no contest to a felony reckless driving offense following a horrific car crash in Clearwater, Florida in 2007 which left his friend and passenger, John Graziano, severely injured.

He was released from Pinellas County Jail in October.

Hogan's lawyers recently petitioned for the teen to be allowed to get back behind the wheel for work, despite his license technically being suspended until 2011, as per the terms of his sentence.

And the motion has been approved by officials at the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, insisting Hogan is within his rights as long as he obeys the driving restrictions.

Copyright WENN.com

World Entertainment News Network

I like the first comment on the YT page:

dusty0732 (8 months ago)

" I'm no match for a 3000 pound car"..

and neither is john graziano....brother.