TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
PILLS! PILLS! PILLS!

WWE releases Chris Masters

WWE RELEASES SUSPENDED WRESTLER

by Dave Scherer @ 12:49:23 PM on 11/8/2007

WWE announced today that they have released Chris Masters. Masters was currently serving a 60 day suspension for his second Wellness Test failure. Of course, they wish him the best in all his future endeavors.

I think if they forced you to take drugs, and fired you for being caught with the drugs they encouraged you to take, then that should be a lawsuit.

No one forced him to do anything. He was the one that decided to take drugs and he's the only one to blame for his release.

I think if they forced you to take drugs, and fired you for being caught with the drugs they encouraged you to take, then that should be a lawsuit.

No one forced him to do anything. He was the one that decided to take drugs and he's the only one to blame for his release.

If you work at a fast food place and you get normal hours when you eat your break meals there, and get virtually no hours if you go out elsewhere to eat, is that not being "forced" to eat your meals there?

They never explicitly said anywhere "You have to ____ or we're going to fire you", I agree 100% on the very base of the "They never forced anything" argument; but when you do something and get pushed/promoted, stop doing it and get demoted & ridiculed, go back to doing it and are re-pushed...I mean, it isn't like his body turned into Yokozuna when he got off the stuff, he was still pretty jacked and they just buried him.

Well if he stayed off the juice, he probably would've gotten a release anyway. So I'm guessing "them ridiculing him back on steroids" to increase his chances to get pushed, or not get on steroids and get released . All while cracking jokes every week for losing so much weight, when in fact you lost weight because you violated the policy once before, and didn't want to lose your job. Then you have the top guy in the company add on to the weight lost jokes, is pretty much indirectly forcing the guy to get on the drugs.

All while you have Batista as a champion, and he's a walking poster boy for the gas.

Masters was in an untenable situation. His only WWE marketability came from the physique which couldn't be maintained without violating WWE's drug policy. There's no good option there.

All while you have Batista as a champion, and he's a walking poster boy for the gas.

I hate, hate, hate when people say this. Batista has never failed any test that we know of. He's never been named in any of the pharmacy busts. We all know that it's very likely that he uses steroids based on his appearance, but you can't implicate someone because of the way they look. He is subject to the same testing and rules as everyone else. He hasn't failed multiple tests like Masters or Booker. It's ridiculous throw him under the bus for someone else's screwups.

I hate, hate, hate when people say this. Batista has never failed any test that we know of. He's never been named in any of the pharmacy busts. We all know that it's very likely that he uses steroids based on his appearance, but you can't implicate someone because of the way they look. He is subject to the same testing and rules as everyone else. He hasn't failed multiple tests like Masters or Booker. It's ridiculous throw him under the bus for someone else's screwups.

Or he has such a good position, the he gets prepared before the test comes up. I'm willing to bet, Triple H gives him the ole "Nudge, Nude, Wink, Wink" treatment around test time. Too Bad Masters didn't have a friend in a high place.

Wait... I should grow up because I'm happy that talentless wrestler who bored the living shit out of me is gone?

Tell you what, Walkin' Dude, I'll grow up the day you start making sense in your posting.

Wait... I should grow up because I'm happy that talentless wrestler who bored the living shit out of me is gone?

Tell you what, Walkin' Dude, I'll grow up the day you start making sense in your posting.

No. It's fine to be happy if someone you don't like is gone, but what you said was a bit childish. If that doesn't make sense to you, I don't know what to tell you.

He should totally sue them for not letting him do all the illegal substances that he wants.

I am about to shoot up at my desk right now and I wish a mutha fucka WOULD fire me.

This was inevitable. After the CNN piece last night WWE had to do a little bit of something to say "See, we're serious about this drug testing!" Masters was going to end up toast anyway, since he would have tested negative for a 3rd time if he had stayed.

Well, this sucks. I liked Chris Masters. Yeah sure he sucked in the ring, but he was a cool guy when I met him and he had a great character.

Or he has such a good position, the he gets prepared before the test comes up. I'm willing to bet, Triple H gives him the ole "Nudge, Nude, Wink, Wink" treatment around test time. Too Bad Masters didn't have a friend in a high place.

Batista and those on his level don't need to be told ahead of time when the tests are. They just need to be able to afford the stuff that allows them to pass a test that is full of loopholes as it is. If you're failing the WWE Wellness Policy, it just means you're either an idiot for not exploiting the loopholes or you can't afford the good stuff.

Oh and by the way TNA would have to be insane to bring Masters in. They already tried bringing in Test and how did that work out?

That they hired Test in the first place is reason to think they'll bring Masters in.

This sucks. I liked Chris Masters a lot.

I agree, I liked Masters too, cant put my finger on why since hes useless in the ring. Might be because of an inside joke that me and my friends have going from when we said if they reformed the four horsemen in the WWE he would be ok for the enforcer character. But then that conversation went to hell pretty fast. Masters as horsemen would only rank slightly above Mongo.