TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LivingLegendGaryColeman

Would anyone suggest Wrestling Society X?

I never watched any of this on MTV. I know it didn't last long. I was kind of intrigued by some of the names involved, older ones like Waltman and Vampiro, along with indy names I had heard of pre-Judas Mecias Banderas, Teddy Hart and Jack Evans.

I was curious if anyone would suggest it or if it was just a waste of time. It comes to DVD this Tuesday the 13th. The cool thing is it is only $16.70 on DeepDiscount.com and they are doing their annual 20% off sale, so once it is released on Tuesday, it will only be around $13 shipped. I am kind of curious just to go for it, but if it was complete garbage, I don't really want to waste my money or time.

Thoughts anyone?

I never saw any of it but I was instantly turned away when I heard they had a blinged out ladder, in a ladder match they had.

Guest Brett Wolverton
I never saw any of it but I was instantly turned away when I heard they had a blinged out ladder, in a ladder match they had.

Most of the matches on there are REALLY fast paced and short. The gimmick matches like ladder matches and even the battle royal on the first show are heavily computer enhanced with explosions and the like.

The standout for me anyway was Colt Cabana wrestling as Matt Classic. His matches were only shown on the WSX website but I fell in love with the gimmick of an old-school wrestler trapped in 2007. Watching him cower trying to climb the ropes was awesome.

It's a mixed bag.

They're pretty fun, over-the-top (like the Def Jam games over-the-top) shows, and I do remember one or two of the musical guests actually saying something of note when they joined the commentary team. It wasn't a wrestling show, per se, but more of an insane spotfest show, and every match was clipped for TV. I'd actually like to get my hands on some of the un-clipped matches, if only to see how they are. I'd imagine almost all of Vampiro's were horrible, and that Jack Evans was even more over than the show made him seem.

I watched a couple of episodes of WSX and wasn't blown away by any means. However, I loved their tag team division, if just for the different gimmicks.

I've never seen any of the TV shows but I've already got the DVD earmarked. I'm assuming all of the footage from the internet show is on there as well, or no?

I would hope so. The 'net show was actually quite a bit more entertaining than what made it to air.

I watched every episode and I loved it. It was way different than WWE and any other promotion out there. I agree that it wasn't given a chance but it was on a network that didn't give a shit about wrestling. I mean could anyone see Ricky Banderas on NEXT or Human Tornado on Parental Control? Actually, that would have been great. I say go for it. But don't get it expecting ROH type matches. Picture WWE times 10 on Acid.

I skimmed through the first 3 episodes and never felt a need to watch any more. Seemed like they were trying to go too Hollywood with all of the stuff they were doing (Blinged out Ladder, Exploding Casket, Vampiro having a fireball thrown into his face, and didn't Teddy Hart electrocute someone). The matches weren't horrible, but were really quick.