TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kinetic

The Hangover Thread

I haven't been able to drink since september fourth.

This is not cool at all, because most of the cool people I know are also alcoholics. And I don't get down with drunk mofuckers when I ain't drunk.

I had a fun time with Mr. Wodka last night and managed to not feel like shit this morning. I like bonusurprises like that. Shit's like Christmas and shit.

Yeah, slight hangover today. I've found it's not nearly as unbearable when I have nothing to do, though. When you have to work AND be hungover, it's just brutal.

Guest Vitamin X

Last night just before bed was awful, then I woke up wondering if it was still dark out- it was, but that was only because it was raining. It was actually 4:30 pm. I pushed myself out of bed, ate a good slice or two of hamsteak pan-fried in olive oil with a couple eggs on top cooked in bacon fat. Greasy breakfast with some orange juice or coffee always makes things better.

Of note is that drinking the premium stuff really does make for better hangovers. I've been buying McCormick's or Smirnoff vodkas, but a couple days ago I went for this locally made brand named New Deal that costs a few bucks more, but god it was worth every penny. When I opened it up, it had like no odor at all to it unlike, say, McCormick's which causes a bit of a retch. You could barely taste it in a lot of the drinks I mixed it with and the result was pretty great. Had a bunch of Sailor Jerry's and coke, and this couple at the party I went to brought along some spiked punch- It was fruit punch with raspberries and lime, champagne, and white wine. I had a couple of these and added a shot or two of whiskey to it. Damn good combination.

First time this decade I haven't felt like shit on New Year's Day. This not drinking thing is all right.

Same boat. Didn't drink. I really don't give a shit about New Year's anymore. Seems like a good night to get run off the road.

I did have a critical blowup with my girlfriend last night/this morning, so 2009 already looks like it's going to be swell.

Missed daylight completely on Jan 1st, came downstairs around 5:00pm to find my housemates engrossed in trivial pursuit, wrestled the questions off them demanding to be involved and proceeded to read them with the eloquent delivery of a dying dalek.

went to the tittie bar for the first time in years last night. some women asked me for a lap dance but i declined and she talked shit about me the rest of the night. Another stripper came over and asked if I had just been given my allowance. On top of that I burned a stripper with the end of my cigar and ended the night with a toast to the stimulus package. Overall a fantastic night but I feel like complete trash today.

I got totally hammered last night and woke up this morning without a single traditional hangover symptom. No headache, no nausea, no dehydration. Instead I've just felt vaguely depressed all day and have had zero motivation to do anything, despite feeling a-ok physically. This sucks. I'd prefer puking my guts out.

That's the closest to a hangover I get, unless I've got something to distract me. The funk passes then. If I have the day off then it's just time to get drunk again.

Guest Vitamin X
I got totally hammered last night and woke up this morning without a single traditional hangover symptom. No headache, no nausea, no dehydration. Instead I've just felt vaguely depressed all day and have had zero motivation to do anything, despite feeling a-ok physically. This sucks. I'd prefer puking my guts out.

What did you drink that caused that lack of hangover?

Gin & tonics (Beefeater; prob. ~6 shots in all) at home and then Miller Lite and Kamikaze shots at the bar. It's not like I was drinking super premium vodka or anything like that, which is what made the lack of (physical) hangover so weird.