TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Smackdown Spoilers for 11/16/07

I usually avoid spoilers like the plague, but curiosity got the best of me. Since no one else posted them, I figured I would. These are taken from 411.

- Jeff Hardy d. Finlay by DQ.

- The Miz & John Morrison d. MVP & Matt Hardy to win the WWE Tag Team Titles. Afterwards, MVP attacked Matt Hardy and injured his knee.

- The Undertaker cut a promo

- Rey Mysterio d. Mr. Kennedy

- Beth Phoenix & Victoria d. Mickie James & Torrie Wilson

- In a weigh-in, Horswoggle came in at 138lbs. while the Great Khali broke the scale.

- Batista d. Mark Henry

Although I like both Miz and Morrison, I have to say, "What the fuck?!" at that title change.

Three words for the tag title change - WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT - WTF....

As I've said before, I'm all for a Miz/Morrison feud, but they dont need to do it at the expense of another "feuding partners" angle. MVP and Hardy were doing fucking great in that role and I was always looking forward to seeing where that would lead. This was totally out of the blue and not exactly preferred. The title change should have meant more than this.

Three words for the tag title change - WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT - WTF....

As I've said before, I'm all for a Miz/Morrison feud, but they dont need to do it at the expense of another "feuding partners" angle. MVP and Hardy were doing fucking great in that role and I was always looking forward to seeing where that would lead. This was totally out of the blue and not exactly preferred. The title change should have meant more than this.

Miz and Morrison aren't even Smackdown wrestlers either. This is the first time a tag team title change happened with yet another "feuding partners" angle, which makes me wonder when WWE's going to put the belts on a real team again.

I kinda thought they may actually attempt a face turn with MVP. So much for that idea. So now we have both HBK and Matt Hardy going into the Survivor Series with "injured" knees due to cheap shots. Batista vs Mark Henry will probably be pretty rough, but Mysterio vs Kennedy should be good.

Yes! No MVP face turn! They can't keep dragging the MVP/Hardy feud this long or else it will get stale. I hope they have a Ladder Match at Armageddon to end the feud.

Well the only worthwhile ending to it is Matt beating MVP for the US title. I mean what else can there possibly be? If MVP beats him, then Matt just keeps coming back at him till he does win.

I threw out the idea that Miz and Morrison should have been in the tag team battle royale last week, so I'm all for them winning the titles, however the MVP re-heel turn or whatever you call it shouldn't have happened yet.

MVP/Hardy should have had a return match with Morrison and Miz in a week or two and MVP should have turned during that match and had the three of them "take him out" - leading to a ladder match at Armageddon. This would have also put Miz and Morrison on Hardy's shitlist when he eventually wins the belt. Hell you could have had Punk make the save, leading to an MVP vs Punk program as well.

Given the backstage altercation between JBL and Morrison it will be interesting to see how he buries him on commentary when Miz and Morrison defend the titles on SD! going forward, though they'll probably lose the titles next week to Jesse and Festus.

I wonder if he'll want to re-dub the Hardy/MVP vs Miz/Morrison match before it airs on Friday...

MVP & Hardy losing the belts kinda sucks. I was enjoying the whole team thing they had going. Those two are easily my most anticipated part of Smackdown every week. Aside from that the only thing I even really want to see this week might be the Taker promo.

A more detailed spoilers report from the Observer site, via 411mania.com:

Credit: Steve Baker & WrestlingObserver.com

Dark Match

Kevin Thorn beat Nunzio in the only dark match.

Smackdown

- Jeff Hardy beat Finlay by DQ when Finlay brought in the shillelagh. He didn't connect with it, though, and Jeff took it and scared Finlay away.

- Undertaker did a promo in the ring about his match with Batista. Got a huge reaction, loudest one I've heard in a while. He said the usual Undertaker stuff, the segment didn't last long.

- Victoria and Beth Phoenix beat Mickie James and Torrie Wilson. Beth pinned Torrie, I'm pretty sure, but she used another move as opposed to her fisherman's buster finisher.

- In a brief locker room segment, Jeff Hardy told Matt that he had things to do and had to leave.

- Matt was the guest in the VIP Lounge and challenged MVP to a United States title match right then and there. MVP backtracked, saying he and Matt were friends now. Matt refuted that point and MVP said his feelings were hurt. Matt again challenged him but MVP said he'd signed them up for a tag team title defense.

- John Morrison & The Miz beat Matt & MVP for the tag titles. What happened was MVP faked a leg injury and tagged Matt in. But Matt actually hurt his leg, selling it like a major injury, and Miz and Morrison worked him over pretty good. After a while he couldn't stand and they ended up pinning him to win the belts.

MVP said they had a rematch clause in their contract and he was exercising it, so an immediate rematch happened. MVP started and once again faked a leg injury. Even though Matt was barely standing up in the corner, MVP tagged him in. Matt couldn't fight back and eventually gave up to a submission move on his knee.

After the match was done, MVP helped Matt up and then attacked him. He worked over his knee real good, taking Matt's brace off and then banging his knee into the ringpost and dropping it on the ring stairs (which MVP had brought into the ring).

Don't know how they'll play it up on TV, but live at the show it sure came off like a major injury angle, as if Matt may be gone a while. And my guess is that this is why they didn't do ECW live, since Matt would have had to come back and wrestle after that like it never happened. Same with Morrison and Miz winning the belts, as the titles would have had to go back to Hardy and MVP for ECW.

- Rey Mysterio beat Mr. Kennedy in a pretty good match. The finish was great, Kennedy had Rey up on the second rope for the Green Bay Plunge or the Lambeau Leap or whatever he calls it, and Rey turned it into a hurricanrana and got the pin. There was a fairly large Hispanic contingent in the crowd and Rey was super over. Moreso than anyone but Taker, I'd say.

- Khali and Hornswoggle did a boxing weigh-in. Nothing of note happened, it was just a way to get them standing next to each other.

- Batista beat Mark Henry in a no DQ match. Short match, all Batista, he used a belt shot to the head to get the pin. Afterwards he laid Henry out with chairshots outside the ring and then speared him. He got back in the ring and the video screen showed nothing but Undertaker's eyes rolled back in his head. Cool visual.

- Afterwards, JBL got outta dodge before Batista could beat him up, and that was that. Fun show.

Not sure on my feelings about Miz/Morrison being the new Tag champs, but I'm totally diggin' MVP's actions for this week. This feud is terrific.

That makes me wonder if they're going to go withe MVP and Matt Hardy are arkward co tag champions because they hate each other with Morrison and Miz. For those who don't want the "C" show, Morrison and Miz don't like each other either.

That makes me wonder if they're going to go withe MVP and Matt Hardy are arkward co tag champions because they hate each other with Morrison and Miz. For those who don't want the "C" show, Morrison and Miz don't like each other either.

That's the idea I get - basically they are just going to rehash that storyline a bit with these guys now. That's why I dont like it really, things were going just fine with MVP/Hardy as tag champs, the storyline from the match with them on ECW made me WANT to see these guys hold the straps for a while longer, and then they hotshot them out to Miz/Morrison. And not just once, but TWICE. That all happened too quick, and really Morrison/Miz have a decent enough feud upcoming without having to incorporate this into it.

The way it seems like Hardy was taken out, it's an injury angle however unless it's a routine knee scope or something, Matt worked two physical matches on the same freakin' night so he really can't be injured. Maybe they decided that they needed to progress the MVP/Hardy US title feud however realized that Jesse and Festus, Deuce and Domino, Taylor and McIntyre and The Major Brothers were not over enough to warrant the tag titles whereas Miz and Morrison had a solid little rivalry going on ECW. It is sort of redundant going from one reluctant partnership to another, but I guess it will be fresh to the ECW-Only viewers (assuming they exist).

If they have to drop the titles because if the backstage heat issue, I assume Jesse and Festus will get the titles eventhough they're not nearly ready. I could see Miz or Morrison grabbing the ring bell in the return match and ringing it to turn Festus "off" and then decimate Jesse.

If they have to drop the titles because if the backstage heat issue, I assume Jesse and Festus will get the titles eventhough they're not nearly ready. I could see Miz or Morrison grabbing the ring bell in the return match and ringing it to turn Festus "off" and then decimate Jesse.

That would be awesome but isn't The Major Brothers the #1 contenders?

I believe The Majors fought MVP and Hardy later the same night after winning the No.1 Contender Battle Royal earlier in the show.

With Miz and Morrison hating each other, they could actually use Festus against each other. For example, after Jesse has been decimated, Morrison could be posing in the ring, with the clueless Festus still standing in the corner. Miz goes out and rings then bell and Festus comes in and mauls Morrison. Miz would ring the bell to stop the beating because he wants to keep the tag titles and needs Morrison healthy enough. Miz comes in to point and laugh at Morrison who, injured rolls out of the ring and grabs the ring bell and rings it to wake up Festus again who beats up Miz for a bit beofre Jesse grabs the bell and leaves with Festus.

The whole Festus bell gimmick will run its course rather quickly anyways, might as well burn it out and some how have it written out of his character - or put ear plugs in or something after the bell rings.

leading to an MVP vs Punk program as well.

Am I the only one that thinks those two could have some great chemistry. Damn. I really want to see that match now that I think about it.