TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Smackdown Spoilers for 11/16/07

I usually avoid spoilers like the plague, but curiosity got the best of me. Since no one else posted them, I figured I would. These are taken from 411.

- Jeff Hardy d. Finlay by DQ.

- The Miz & John Morrison d. MVP & Matt Hardy to win the WWE Tag Team Titles. Afterwards, MVP attacked Matt Hardy and injured his knee.

- The Undertaker cut a promo

- Rey Mysterio d. Mr. Kennedy

- Beth Phoenix & Victoria d. Mickie James & Torrie Wilson

- In a weigh-in, Horswoggle came in at 138lbs. while the Great Khali broke the scale.

- Batista d. Mark Henry

Although I like both Miz and Morrison, I have to say, "What the fuck?!" at that title change.

Juicy and Fresh! That's what I said with MVP and Hardy...

Safe just long enough for him to drop the title to Big Daddy V....... :throwup:

I doubt it. Already looks they are getting him ready to be a mainstay on Smackdown, or RAW. Giving him the ECW title now would have little to no impact on him moving forward.

How many actual "tag teams" and I know that term doesn't really apply in the WWE anymore, won the tag titles?

I got MNM and Londrick. Every other team has been comprised of two starts put together, no?

How many actual "tag teams" and I know that term doesn't really apply in the WWE anymore, won the tag titles?

I got MNM and Londrick. Every other team has been comprised of two starts put together, no?

Deuce and Domino..

Deuce and Domino..

The Bashams, Los Guerreros.

Deuce and Domino..

Spirit Squad if you go back to middle of 06.

If you go back further, WGTT & MNM & La Resistance.

Man the MVP/Hardy feud has been booked great. When Hardy finally wins the US title the crowd is gonna go insane. Great buildup for sure.

I guess I'll be the first to say that Kennedy and Rey had some great chemistry in their match. MOTN for sure. Wish Kennedy was consistently this good!

and yeah, can't wait for Hardy to win the US title. It'll be a great moment.

Man the MVP/Hardy feud has been booked great. When Hardy finally wins the US title the crowd is gonna go insane. Great buildup for sure.

If they could find a way to stretch that to WM, It'll be quite impressive. I don't think they can without losing steam, so I'll just say for Royal Rumble instead.

If they could find a way to stretch that to WM, It'll be quite impressive. I don't think they can without losing steam, so I'll just say for Royal Rumble instead.

I can see Matt winning at the Rumble, rematch at No Way Out, and 2 of them "cross paths" at the annual Mania Money in the Bank match.

If they run an injury angle, I think they can stretch it to Mania. Have Matt get his comeback match against MVP at Rumble, win by DQ, then you just gotta find some way to get past No Way Out (which admittedly might be tricky) and boom, blowoff @ Mania.

I'd end their feud at Armageddon with a Ladder Match. From there I'd have MVP set his sights on winning the Royal Rumble and already planning his title match and win at WM only to have CM Punk eliminate him during the match. This would set up a MVP vs Punk program for the ECW title through Wrestlemania which is in MVP's home state.

If they run an injury angle, I think they can stretch it to Mania. Have Matt get his comeback match against MVP at Rumble, win by DQ, then you just gotta find some way to get past No Way Out (which admittedly might be tricky) and boom, blowoff @ Mania.

I'd rather see this..

Matt competes at Survivor Series but the heels destroy him and he's quickly take out. They do a injury angle, forcing Matt to miss Armageddon. Jeff steps up and offers to take care of MVP for his brother, but not for the title because that belongs to Matt. Jeff wants to do it for the family. MVP gets Dqd but tries to take Jeff out. Matt, on crutches, hops down to the ring and runs MVP off. They set a match up at NYR for Matt/MVP.

Matt aggravates the injury and the match doesn't really take place. Then it's the Rumble. MVP draws a low number (let's say #6) and they do the spot where MVP is the only guy in the ring and the countdown gets going and out comes Matt Hardy (unannounced to be in the match) to a likely big pop. MVP quickly leaps over the ropes (eliminating himself in the process). Matt chases him through the crowd (Matt never gets in the ring). MVP escapes via car. Matt returns to the ring. At the end of the rumble, or near it at least, MVP sneak attacks Hardy and eliminates him. They brawl into the back. MVP refuses to grant Matt a title match since he has been inactive for nearly 2 months, but Vickie (or whomever runs SD by then) grants Matt a shot to earn it by teaming with his brother against MVP and his partner. Matt and Jeff win but we get very limited Matt/MVP in the ring.

That leads right to the huge US title match.

They have taken a very slow approach/build up to this like they used to do in the old days and its worked great. It is certainly a breath of fresh air compared to the angles/storylines nowadays where everything is rushed with little to no build up.

They have taken a very slow approach/build up to this like they used to do in the old days and its worked great. It is certainly a breath of fresh air compared to the angles/storylines nowadays where everything is rushed with little to no build up.

Exactly, how long has time feud been going on now? Since July? And Matt needs to stay on Smackdown forever. That little period on Raw with Edge was ok, but then he went nowhere fast. It was good he lost that match to end up on Smackdown for good. Kinda funny though a year or two later Edge is there as well.

And shit, wouldn't it be something if Summerslam 08's Smackdown Main Event is Edge vs. Matt Hardy for the World Heavyweight Title.