TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nightwing

Planet Hulk

With the final issue out, I'm wondering everyone is reacting to the whole series. Did it live up to expectations, or was it a miss?

God damn it, can a mod edit it so it says "World War Hulk"?

I don't follow many current story lines, but I just want to see if this is the one where Iron Man and others send the Hulk to another planet to "protect" Earth from him. The planet is subsequently destroyed and Hulk comes back all pissed off and mad at those who sent him away. Is this accurate?

Yeah. I actually meant the sequel, where he subsequently comes back and tries to kick the Illuminati's asses. It finished yesterday, so I was wondering people's opinions. I accidentally wrote "Planet Hulk", but I meant "World War Hulk".

Guest ChikoDemono

Sentry vs. Hulk was pretty brutal.

Yet, despite God incarnate, it was Tony Stark who took down the Hulk, which is lame in my humble opinion.

I thought the final two issues or so dragged on and on, but damn, that fight was awesome.

I only read the first issue, but after seeing that it was spanning over every comic in the Marvel library I stopped as I realised it was going to cost me a fortune.

I only picked up Incredible Hulk & World War Hulk, and I didn't feel like I missed anything as far as the story went. Hell as far as I'm concerned you wouldn't of missed anything if you didn't get Incredible Hulk either. Is it sad that the best thing about this series is the fact that you didn't need to read any of the tie ins and still not get lost? Either way I don't feel a big need to collect any Hulk books now that it was over. I thought it was just a half decent story, but not as close as what it was built up to be. Then again I'm suffering a bit from event burnout these days anyways. The only event to not disappoint me so far is Sinestro Corps.

I have the first two issues of the X-Men tie-in, and it's enjoyable but also completely skippable. Hulk just shows up at the mansion demanding Xavier and gets into a fight with the X-Men. Nothing fancy, just a fun battle.

My dad is a paramedic and he has worked on the set of the hulk 2 a couple of times now. He says it's awesome cause all they do is sit there and eat awesome food.