TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Scroby

The Shit Hits The Fan

I got laid off about half an hour ago. I fucking can't believe it, I knew my job was going to have cut backs due to the downslide of the real estate market here in California, but I didn't think my job was going to be cut. I figured I was going to lose some hours here and there, but I had no clue I was going to be laid off. I just don't know what to do now, every one of my goals right now just got really set back.

I was trying to get a second job, but couldn't find one. It was hard because I have such a hectic schdule. I'm most likely going to call unemployment in a few hours and start searching for something tomorrow. Man, this really sucks ass right now.

I'm also currently unemployed (though more like in a slow period of a trade which consistently goes through slow periods [construction]). I was trying to get another job and still haven't, it really doesn't make any sense. The only thing I can imagine is they've been calling my old job and they've been bashing me. Bastards.

While you might struggle to find that "perfect job", opportunities are readily available for you. Don't allow yourself to dwell on this unfortunate circumstance.

That sucks. What was your position? Do you have a background in anything else?

I was a warehouse/delivery guy. Basically this was my job, drive a 2 axle flatbed truck to various locations around the bay area and deliver tile and tile setting materials. After delivering the materials, I would drive to differant tile/stone companys in the Oakland area and pick up tile or tile setting materials then bring it back to the warehouse. Then I would pack the deliverys for the next day or do other various activites around the warehouse.

It was a pretty simple/easy job that I made 14 bucks an hour off of.

I already started looking for a job and I've already sent out a resume to 3 differant places as it is, but I'm still really disapointed in being laid off. I didn't see it coming. I knew the company was letting people go because the real estate market is so shitty out here the company was taking a huge hit. I figured the warehouse part of the company was in ok position. We really didn't have a lot of guys working in the warehouse, we were having a lot of deliveries going out, for the past 3 days I had been filling my truck up full with stuff to deliver, then the next thing I knew, my friend who I had gotten hired got laid off, then me.

It just really sucks because the job allowed me to do so much. I was able to actaully move out of my mom's house and able to afford rent. I was able to do all the wrestling shows because of the job, and I was to pay my bills....well to a point enough to where I could get by. And you know what makes it even more worse, it's not the fact that the holiday season is coming up, it's the fact that this fucking Saturday is my 24th birthday. Two days before my birthday, I get laid fucking off. Happy fucking birthday to me!

(sorry, I just keep getting angry when I think about it.)

I do have a big backround in retail/sales, but I don't think I'm going to be able to find a retail/sales job where I was making the same amount or near the same amount the flooring company was paying me.