TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO 2007 Survivor Series Thread

So lost in all the Edge talk, where does CM Punk go from here? Please end the Morrison and Miz feud. Does he move onto another program with Burke? Tommy Dreamer? Balls? Stevie? Noble? Damn ECW needs new blood.

The "Batista is easier to beat" excuse doesn't hold water with me, because if that's the case, there was no reason for the post-match beatdown of Taker. I'll buy the "getting to Taker before Taker came after him" line of thought, but with a couple caveats. One, Edge didn't look pleased with himself; he looked angry, in his facial expressions, as though he had a personal issue with Taker. The "I'm just a little bitter" promotional spots line up with this. Two, in the world of kayfabe, Edge didn't "injure" Taker the way, say, MVP injured Hardy. He roughed him up, hit him with a chair, but nothing that would cause Taker to be weakened long term. If anything, this only provokes Taker, causing Edge to be more on Taker's radar than he'd be if he had left him alone.

Maybe I'm overthinking; then again, I wish the booking team put MORE thought into this sort of thing. We'll see what Thursday brings in terms of an explanation, but for the time being I'm not really seeing the logic in Edge's actions.

So lost in all the Edge talk, where does CM Punk go from here? Please end the Morrison and Miz feud. Does he move onto another program with Burke? Tommy Dreamer? Balls? Stevie? Noble? Damn ECW needs new blood.

I think with the talent exchange, the best bet might be someone coming over from Smackdown, just because I agree with you that ECW needs some new blood. Noble would be a good feud. I'd personally like to see a feud with Tommy, down the line, that would lead to a heel turn, although I don't know what ECW face Punk would feud with then.

Guest DCH

Those chair shots.. Just sick.

Awesome start as an inconspicuous cameraman. I would have preferred chainsawing through the cage or something but yeah, a mega heel segment is awesome. I just love Edge has a heel. Well tomorrow night, RAW IS JERICHO to bring the balance back. SD was put over Raw due to HIAC.

I think with the talent exchange, the best bet might be someone coming over from Smackdown, just because I agree with you that ECW needs some new blood. Noble would be a good feud. I'd personally like to see a feud with Tommy, down the line, that would lead to a heel turn, although I don't know what ECW face Punk would feud with then.

Mark Henry is a Smackdown heel who isn't really all that busy. I would've said Finlay but they appear to have turned him face tonight.

Ill post more thoughts later (thought it was an ok show but not the best of the year or anything) but one thing I have to say is that the ppv had one of the most unenthusiastic crowds I've heard in recent memory. I swear you could hear pins drop alot during the last two matches, surprisingly.

The "Batista is easier to beat" excuse doesn't hold water with me, because if that's the case, there was no reason for the post-match beatdown of Taker. I'll buy the "getting to Taker before Taker came after him" line of thought, but with a couple caveats. One, Edge didn't look pleased with himself; he looked angry, in his facial expressions, as though he had a personal issue with Taker. The "I'm just a little bitter" promotional spots line up with this. Two, in the world of kayfabe, Edge didn't "injure" Taker the way, say, MVP injured Hardy. He roughed him up, hit him with a chair, but nothing that would cause Taker to be weakened long term. If anything, this only provokes Taker, causing Edge to be more on Taker's radar than he'd be if he had left him alone.

Maybe I'm overthinking; then again, I wish the booking team put MORE thought into this sort of thing. We'll see what Thursday brings in terms of an explanation, but for the time being I'm not really seeing the logic in Edge's actions.

Yeah, it would've made more sense to attack Batista, seeing Dave was the guy who has the title Edge never lost.

Yeah, it would've made more sense to attack Batista, seeing Dave was the guy who has the title Edge never lost.

Well if he had 'Taker win, then Edge would have to face 'Taker for the belt now...would YOU want to face someone like that for the belt, in kayfabe terms?

I can't wait for the Edge/Taker feud. When I say I can't wait, I mean I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Roll on Smackdown. It has taken so long to happen, but it's finally here. Edge's return was awesome, even though we were expecting it. The best heel in WWE is back!

The HIAC match itself was decent, but it could have been better. Taker carried the entire match. IMO, Batista lacked fluidity.

In regards to HBK using the crippler crossface on Orton, it felt weird. I was also expecting more of a crowd reaction like when Shawn used the Sharpshooter.

Melina botching her entrance was funny. You could see she was embarrassed, bless her.

The finish to the Eliminaton tag was crap. It felt rushed. I would actually have loved if Umaga was the sole survivor.

Just watched the HBK-Orton match, it was pretty good. Nice ending there, but the submissions spots were pretty hilarious. Doing the ankle lock on his back like Angle was great. It was nice to see the crossface again, I think the move should be brought back. Leave the diving headbutt and rolling germans to the side, but definately, the crossface should stay.

How did Edge not go unnoticed by the live audience for the length of the 30-minute match? I'm thinking they swapped him in during the match somehow or other. I mean even if he had his hair tucked up under a had, he would still be a huge camera man and thus noticible.

Also did Edge know Batista was going to kick out of the other pin attempts - especially the tombstone before the steps tombstone? I mean he broke up the steps tombstone but not the regular one - How did he know??

How did Edge not go unnoticed by the live audience for the length of the 30-minute match? I'm thinking they swapped him in during the match somehow or other. I mean even if he had his hair tucked up under a had, he would still be a huge camera man and thus noticible.

Also did Edge know Batista was going to kick out of the other pin attempts - especially the tombstone before the steps tombstone? I mean he broke up the steps tombstone but not the regular one - How did he know??

I assume he did, I assumed it was a planned spot. Make Batista look even stronger, and and a little more to the match. I called Batista kicking out of the Tombstone before he even hit it, so I figure it was planned the whole time.

NO NOT THE NEW BLOOD!!!

I can't wait for the Edge/Taker feud. When I say I can't wait, I mean I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Roll on Smackdown. It has taken so long to happen, but it's finally here. Edge's return was awesome, even though we were expecting it. The best heel in WWE is back!

The HIAC match itself was decent, but it could have been better. Taker carried the entire match. IMO, Batista lacked fluidity.

In regards to HBK using the crippler crossface on Orton, it felt weird. I was also expecting more of a crowd reaction like when Shawn used the Sharpshooter.

Melina botching her entrance was funny. You could see she was embarrassed, bless her.

The finish to the Eliminaton tag was crap. It felt rushed. I would actually have loved if Umage was the sole survivor.

Man, At Buffalo Wild Wings, My Table Went Crazy during the WWE Championship. Amongst the 5 others, I was the only one going for HBK. The Sharpshooter was making me mark out like a son of a bitch! THe Crippler Crossface as well.. even to the "shock" of my friends, and to the Angle Lock.. Last Time I Went Crazy was at Cyber Sunday with Taker/Batista IV... WWE is really giving it ack to the fans.. well maybe just for me :]

Yeah the Survivor Series match was 10 kinds of Horrible.. Khali Match was better and not boring...

Smackdown will be juiced up (No Pun) with Edge on the roster and Finlay turning Face as well as MVP turing even more heel and Matt well.. just being good ol Matt! And I Quote, "Thats Why Smackdown is the A Show Michael!!!!"

Edit: I thought Lashley wouldve been the replacement partner for Team Face

I was also VERY PISSED... That Edge Cost Undertaker the title... Hey gotta love keeping kayfabe eh?

Does this mean Vince and Shane are going to slum it over to SD! to feud with Finlay through Khali initially or is Finlay heading to Raw? I'll be pissed if it's the latter and not really looking forward to the former. I would kill for the eventual Finlay vs Edge feud, as long as Finlay is kept as a bad ass face character - basically keep him with the exact same character but have him fight heels.

I still think MVP/Batista should get a mini-feud before Matt Hardy heals enough to come back at MVP. Taker/Edge should have their program, and unless Batista is kept in there to make it a three way feud, he needs an over heel to work with. Enter MVP. Also I wonder where that Umaga vs Mark Henry trade rumor went. BDV was supposed to leave ECW in November as well. However the wrestler movement was all an idea before the SD! and ECW rosters virtually merged.

Yeah the Survivor Series match was 10 kinds of Horrible..

Is this the general feeling? I thought it was a pretty fun fast paced match.

It shouldn't be. It wasn't a classic but it was paced and booked quite well. Every elimination worked and didn't hurt anyone. Kane and BDV have a short little segment with BDV getting the upper hand but Kane never loses his heat, so BDV looks strong there. Mysterio took it to Umaga but got killed for it, so that helps both men. Kennedy jobbed but that was because BDV splashed him, again putting over BDV's size. Jeff and HHH worked to get BDV out which helped all three. Jeff avenges his brother's injury by taking MVP out. Finlay ate a pedigree as someone had to fall to it but since Finlay turned at the end, it's not a big deal. Umaga got pinned by the two top faces with their finishers. One of the better booked SS matches in awhile.

Yeah, the elimination match was perfectly fine. The only thing I might have done differently would have been to include Matt. Let's say Matt holds his own against Kennedy for a moment, and MVP cheapshots his knee, allowing Kennedy (or even MVP himself) to get the elimination. It keeps Matt strong, and MVP keeps his heat.

The only match on the show I wasn't into was Cade & Murdoch vs. Holly & Rhodes, but even that wasn't bad or anything. It's just that something more meaningful could've filled its spot.

HIAC was good, but until I watch it again, I'd probably rank it toward the bottom of the the Batista-Taker series... probably above the TV cage match. The last few minutes were especially good, with the tombstone on the steps being insane.

I wouldn't say PPV of the year, but it easily ranks in the top three.

Honestly, I would have had Matt Hardy come down during the elimination match with a chair or something when MVP was the legal man and chase MVP off, causing a count out or something like that. Helps to build this awesome fued a bit more.

I don't care what anyone says, HBK put on Match of the night honors, and brought the subdued Miami crowd to a fever pitch when it appeared he might win.

He also gave "tribute" to Bret/Owen/Sting (whoever) with the Sharpshooter/Scorpion Deathlock, which , I might add, was excellently executed, with HBK really cranking on the back of Orton. I loved how it looked. Reminded me of Bret Hart cranking it into Mr. Perfect at Summerslam 91... Also the CRIPPLER CROSSFACE (if you wanted controversy you got it with this and of course controversy is what HBK is best known for), and the ANKLE LOCK, which was superbly done...

Shawn Michaels put over Orton big, getting pinned clean to the RKO and staying down. He sent the crowd home happy with some Sweet Chin Music.

Salute to HBK for putting on another MOTY and another 4-star affair.

As for the show itself, it was easily the best PPV of the year, with No Mercy right behind it. It only gets the edge because both main events delivered as well having a good undercard to go along with it. Some of the booking could've been better for those matches, but I'll give it a slide because WWE gets points for being original for a change.