TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enigma

Congress to Hold Steroid Hearings Next Session

So if Booker wasn't fired by WWE what exactly do you call it? He just asked for his release because he was at the point where he was getting suspended constantly for failed tests? Or was his contract simply up and he didn't sign? Either way the message was simple from WWE: Get the fuck out.

I don't think TNA should let Angle near those hearings...if Congress knew what they were doing they could ask all sorts of questions about what pills, drugs, roids, etc. that Angle has been on. Or why WWE released him.

So if Booker wasn't fired by WWE what exactly do you call it? He just asked for his release because he was at the point where he was getting suspended constantly for failed tests? Or was his contract simply up and he didn't sign? Either way the message was simple from WWE: Get the fuck out.

I don't think TNA should let Angle near those hearings...if Congress knew what they were doing they could ask all sorts of questions about what pills, drugs, roids, etc. that Angle has been on. Or why WWE released him.

Congress could request Angle to appear. I would imagine Angle would be the biggest name outside of Vince McMahon involved.

Well to be fair, it was reported that WWE was trying to convince him to stay, so while they didn't exactly fight tooth and nail to keep, its not as if they just let him walk out the door without a word.

I wanna see which wretsler will end up looking like Rafael Palmerio.

Kennedy has already done that.

I would have to say Chavo, not Kennedy.

I would have to say Chavo, not Kennedy.

Kennedy went on record saying he never used roids and got busted weeks later.

Speaking of him, when he was suspended, did he make a big scene about it like when the Benoit thing first happened?

Guest NateW

The likely result of this will be government regulation of wrestling. This will be the true to test to see if internet fans are legit concerned about all these issues or if they different agendas in mind. The way this will test them is how they react once this wipes out the indy scene.

I would bet good money that the more popular guys that fit the typical view of what a steroids abuser looks like visualy, i.e. HHH, Batista, Cena, as well as the guys whose names turned up on the internet pharmacy list aren't going to be within 100 miles of that hearing. Honestly I would be surprised if anyone other than McMahon himself appears. It's to risky after what happened at the Baseball hearing with McGwire, Palmerio, Sosa, and the others. Those guys all came out looking horrible, and the stigma that came along with it is going to haunt their entire career. My guess is McMahon shows up and trys to deflect publicity away from the wrestlers and bring it on himself in hopes that it blows over quickly. The longer it stays a story in the media the more chance it has to change business in the WWE. Unfortunatly, that change wouold most likely be for the better in most ways for both the talent, and the viewers. :(

knowing Vince he'll come to the hearings in full "Mr. McMahon" character, start growling at one of the Congressman and threaten to kick their ass! :D

I would bet good money that the more popular guys that fit the typical view of what a steroids abuser looks like visualy, i.e. HHH, Batista, Cena, as well as the guys whose names turned up on the internet pharmacy list aren't going to be within 100 miles of that hearing. Honestly I would be surprised if anyone other than McMahon himself appears. It's to risky after what happened at the Baseball hearing with McGwire, Palmerio, Sosa, and the others. Those guys all came out looking horrible, and the stigma that came along with it is going to haunt their entire career. My guess is McMahon shows up and trys to deflect publicity away from the wrestlers and bring it on himself in hopes that it blows over quickly. The longer it stays a story in the media the more chance it has to change business in the WWE. Unfortunatly, that change wouold most likely be for the better in most ways for both the talent, and the viewers. :(

knowing Vince he'll come to the hearings in full "Mr. McMahon" character, start growling at one of the Congressman and threaten to kick their ass! :D

I'm more expecting Vince to have a congressional character (named Kahn Griss perhaps?) joining a very special club on Raw...

If Mysterio isn't going to wear his mask to the congressional hearing, than I really don't want to live in this world anymore.

So non WWE guys that should be there:

Luger, Lesnar, Angle, Booker, Hall.............

Anyone else?

Forgot about Hogan!

Why would Lesnar be there? He was never named in a bust and isn't a pro wrestler anymore. Might as well call up Shamrock. Angle will be brought up. What relevance does Scott Hall have in this? None. Hogan wouldn't do any good since he's a retired name and he wouldn't say anything groundbreak to warant his involvment.

Non talent involved would more likely be those who have rallied against WWE and the business as a whole over the past years.

The likely result of this will be government regulation of wrestling. This will be the true to test to see if internet fans are legit concerned about all these issues or if they different agendas in mind. The way this will test them is how they react once this wipes out the indy scene.

That isn't even remotely likely......acting like it is the most plausible scenario is laughable.

Guest NateW

That isn't even remotely likely......acting like it is the most plausible scenario is laughable.

That's not what this says

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2007-11-18-...POE=click-refer

This is real. WWE won't be around next time this year.

That's not what this says

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2007-11-18-...POE=click-refer

This is real. WWE won't be around next time this year.

You have much more faith in Congress' long term interest as far a pro wrestling regulation then most do around here.

"We aren't professional wrestling, we're sports entertainment!"

Cue the six month delay to re-do all the paperwork, followed by a cue for "Well, fuck this, I've got an election to win!" around mid-March.

Meltzer reported that when the Congressional talk started in September, he was joking around backstage on whether or not to show up dressed as Doink the Clown.

Why would Lesnar be there? He was never named in a bust and isn't a pro wrestler anymore. Might as well call up Shamrock. Angle will be brought up. What relevance does Scott Hall have in this? None. Hogan wouldn't do any good since he's a retired name and he wouldn't say anything groundbreak to warant his involvment.

Non talent involved would more likely be those who have rallied against WWE and the business as a whole over the past years.

Lesnar, big dude during his era, hates WWE, makes a perfect person to be there.

Hall, known drug addict during his days, would make a key witness to 90's WWF.

I'm sure we won't see Cena or Punk at these hearings.

Lesnar, big dude during his era, hates WWE, makes a perfect person to be there.

Hall, known drug addict during his days, would make a key witness to 90's WWF.

I'm sure we won't see Cena or Punk at these hearings.

Cena, big dude during his era, vehemently claims to be drug free while using doubletalk and suffering a steroid injury.

Punk, gimmick is being drug free in an industry of addicts.

More to the point, Cena and Punk seem to be the sort of guys who would lie to congress (or at least play dumb on the issue of others using steroids) in order to protect the business.

More to the point, Cena and Punk seem to be the sort of guys who would lie to congress (or at least play dumb on the issue of others using steroids) in order to protect the business.

I can't see Punk doing that realistically. This will probably all fizzle out before it gets to the stage of having wrestlers testify.

This will probably all fizzle out before it gets to the stage of having wrestlers testify.

???

The hearings are actually scheduled. They're happening.

Too many people are shutting their eyes and hoping this goes away. That's not how it's going to work out.

This will probably all fizzle out before it gets to the stage of having wrestlers testify.

???

Yes but that doesn't necessarily mean any wrestlers will end up testifying. I'm not burying my head or any part of my body for that matter! All i'm saying is it's too soon to run around screaming "THE WWF IS GOING TO DIE!!1111111111111""!"2222222!"!!!"

???

Yes but that doesn't necessarily mean any wrestlers will end up testifying.

It kinda does.

Too many people are shutting their eyes and hoping this goes away. That's not how it's going to work out.

Not in that fashion, but I still have doubts it'll amount to anything. Congress will only care as long as the general public cares.