TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RonL21

Movies...

Best one is definitely part 4. Then part 1, then the animated Toxic Crusaders movie, then part 3 and then part 2. Part 2 is horrendous to the point where it's unwatchable, and the changing of Toxie's chick's name from Sarah to Claire was a boneheaded move made fun of in Toxie 4.

It disturbs me that so many people have fond memories of that Masters of the Universe movie. I saw that when I was about 7-8 at the theater and even as a kid I thought it sucked ass. And I was the biggest He-Man fan back then....I had literally every toy they made. The He-Man and She-Ra movie was better than the Lundgren piece of shit.

I was ambivalent about it. Really, I didn't much recognize the difference between good and bad movies when I was a kid; there were just the kinds of movies I liked (fighting and explosions) and the kinds I didn't (most everything else). But even as a kid, I could tell when They had randomly fucked with the Masters of the Universe story, and was confused by all the changes They made to the canon and characters. Dumbass new characters like Gwildor and the one-eyed swordsman dude were just plain stupid. And of course the worst part was setting most of the movie on contemporary Earth, was that just to get around budgetary restrictions, or did the studio really think all the kids would rather watch He-man in the goddamn suburbs instead of on Eternia?

I like how the "blind" scene just drags and drags with endless slow motion shots of him making confused pained faces and screaming. Great stuff if your making comedy. I also like how the Biker dude gets beats down, what a dumbass.

Nightmare Before Christmas - I used to love it as a kid. Watched it so many times. Not crazy about it nowadays. No, it isn't because of Hot Topic.

Also Daffy Duck's Quackbusters. Fuck, I watched that film a million times.

Very good, but brick not hit back

I actually used this quote to explain to my friend Chris why I prefer Time Crisis, House of the Dead, Area 51, and similar shooting games over Point Blank and Police Trainer. He didn't get it. And he's almost as big a film geek as I am within our circle of friends.

Most of mine have been mentioned but I'd like to add an unfortunate one. Cartoon All Stars To The Rescue. I loved that shit as a kid. I even convinced my pre-K teacher to show it to the class. And I watched it at least two or three times a year until I was 12. . How embarrassing.

Do TV movies count?

For me, one TV movie that defined my childhood was "The Jetsons Meet The Flintstones"

I must have rented that thing 100 times.

Really? I just recorded it off of TV at my Grandma's house.

Most of mine have been mentioned but I'd like to add an unfortunate one. Cartoon All Stars To The Rescue. I loved that shit as a kid. I even convinced my pre-K teacher to show it to the class. And I watched it at least two or three times a year until I was 12. . How embarrassing.

Well yeah sort of but they talk about crack which is kind of jarring. I don't remember that but then again I haven't watched it in seven or eight years. Why do the hell did they think little kids should learn about not smoking crack? And if they were trying to relate to older kids, Alf, The Smurfs, Bugs Bunny, Winnie The Pooh, Slimer, and The Muppet Babies aren't going to do it.

This special was really the last hurrah of 80s cartoons. When was it made? '91? '92?

Looking back at this, Bolo got dominated. 5:00 is where it's at.

He jobbed twice to Van Damme... Once in Bloodsport and again in Double Impact. Van Damme was the fucking man back in the day.

I would have love to have seen a REAL sequel to Bloodsport.

Oh, how could I forget!

Bill & Teds bogus journy (I never saw excellent adventure until much later, and still like bogus journy alot better.)

Aw man, same here. I still watch Bogus Journey once a year or so and get a real kick out of that move. The guy who played The Grim Reaper just walks away with every scene he's in (William Sadler I thinK?)

"You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper"

Can't believe I forgot to mention the Police Academy movies. Those were essentials for me as a kid. Jones was always my favorite. It was awesome seeing him in the new Geico (IIRC) commercial.

Fuck, I watched this last night and the part where Michaelangelo tries to do the anti-drug talk cracked me up. I was laughing for ten minutes straight. And where the fuck were the rest of the Ninja Turtles anyway? Did they run out of money to hire the voice actors who did Raphael, Leonardo, and Donatello? It seemed odd just to have Michaelangelo there.

And I found out via IMDB that George C. Scott plays the Smoke. Quite a fall from Patton.

What ever happened to the hanna barbera olympics from 96 anyways? They had a scooby doo team and two other one and I used to love that shit, but never saw it again.