TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO 11/19 Raw Thread

Overall i'm let down. The promo itself was fucking awesome and it proves that Jericho still has it but WHY did they have Jericho show up and clothesline the runner. I know it seems like i'm a "complainer" but the hair and outfit were just......ga.......not hetero. I understand the guy has worn flamboyant outfits before but that made him look like he was going on a date with Lance Bass. If he loses the tightness of the outfit, he won't look like such a joke.

Havent been watching wrestling long have we...

Ive seen worse taken more seriously

Guest Hasbeen2

I missed the clothesline of the runner. The Jericho promo didn't blow me away but I still liked it. He shouldn't have waited so long before starting to talk. I was hoping Carlito might shoot on Hornswoggle. He'd never work in the WWE again and would get an asswhipping in the back but it would be a nice fuck you to Vince before he's gone.

I don't think Ralphus is dead. Jericho explained in an interview a couple months ago that Ralphus' 15 minutes of fame actually started going to his head if you can believe it. He even got himself an agent lol. No Joke

Overall i'm let down. The promo itself was fucking awesome and it proves that Jericho still has it but WHY did they have Jericho show up and clothesline the runner. I know it seems like i'm a "complainer" but the hair and outfit were just......ga.......not hetero. I understand the guy has worn flamboyant outfits before but that made him look like he was going on a date with Lance Bass. If he loses the tightness of the outfit, he won't look like such a joke.

Havent been watching wrestling long have we...

Ive seen worse taken more seriously

I've been watching for 15 years. Thanks for playing.

The worst thing about Jerichos return was that it shows how bland this generation of wrestlers is compares to the past generation. Other than Kennedy, Edge, MVP, and as crazy as it might sound, Santino, and to a lesser extent, C.M. Punk and Matt Striker... most, if not all of the current guys are average to really awful on the mic. As much as I love Jeff Hardy, his promos sound like a sped ed. student reading from a 3rd grade text book. The past generations have always produced guys who were able to go in the ring and could promote themselves on the mic, this generation just really seems to be lacking. It's still the older guys who they depend on to sell a match outside the ring. :(

Edge?

Do you remember last year when Michael Hayes came out during the Cutting Edge segment? He made Edge sound worse than Ken Patera.

Guest IronManLUNG

Criticizing another man's clothing, especially a married (to a woman) man is pretty suspect if you ask me. But that doesn't stop the IWC now does it.

I can't believe I remember this, but the vest is pretty similar to the one Curtis Hughes wore when he was Jericho's bodyguard in 1999.

It's quite simple really. The current crop of wrestlers have been overly scripted to the point of not being able to put across their own thoughts.

One thing Jericho forgot to mention during his Orton bashing: He's here to save us from Orton's matches that consist of 80% headlocks.

I think part of me was kind of hoping that he'd shoot on the current product a little bit too. Since when he made his first debut it was about "saving us from how boring the WWF was in general" and they'd been using the "save us" thing for all the promos. Just something like "yes, we acknowledge that it's been bad and we're planning to make it better". This seemed like another simple by-the-numbers WWE segment where not much really happens as they try to stretch every basic little feud out over 4 months.

y2jie3.jpg

Yeah, HUGE difference.

Some of you people are fucking retarded.

Jericho looks 100x cooler on the right. You're just making our point for us (the people who didn't like Jericho's re-debut very well).

The he looked gay argument is ridiculous though. I mean, the man's worn checkered pants before. He can wear anything and still be Jericho.

y2jie3.jpg

Yeah, HUGE difference.

Some of you people are fucking retarded.

Jericho looks 100x cooler on the right. You're just making our point for us (the people who didn't like Jericho's re-debut very well).

What is cool? The pigtail at the top of his head? The open sparkly shirt? The leather pants? The oiled up chest? THAT'S not gay but his outfit today was?

I think part of me was kind of hoping that he'd shoot on the current product a little bit too. Since when he made his first debut it was about "saving us from how boring the WWF was in general" and they'd been using the "save us" thing for all the promos. Just something like "yes, we acknowledge that it's been bad and we're planning to make it better". This seemed like another simple by-the-numbers WWE segment where not much really happens as they try to stretch every basic little feud out over 4 months.

I would have loved for him to shit over garbage like that mcmahon/regal/coach/carlito segment. or that stupid mcmahon/finlay segment. My god what a waste of time. I think mcmahon doesn't give a shit if its good or bad or if it hurts the product, just as long as he finds a way to get his stupid ass on tv.

So I just watched the Jullian talking to that one guy who was in the stands and I'm wondering did he even understand her? Does he speak english because he didnt' seem to understand her at all...before she started singing.

Jon Secada speaks english. Maybe he wasnt paying attention from being nervous or his hearing is fucked. That segment was all sorts of messed up.

As for Jericho. Fuck the haters. That shit was awesome. OMG BRO HE LOOKED GAY. Whatever. Actually, it doesn't really matter if you liked the promo or not, but the homophobia in this thread is crazy and stupid.

I can't wait to see his new finisher. I will be watching Raw now again unless he gets buried by HHH or something like that. My fingers are crossed for a nice Jericho WWE Championship reign.

What were you guys expecting for Jericho's promo? You weren't hyped for it? Of course none of us were hyped for it, we knew it was Jericho months ago. The only way we would have been hyped for it was say the videos started airing two weeks ago and we barely had any clue it was jericho, but we all knew for months it was Jericho. How could have there been any hype?

And what kind of Jericho promo were you guys expecting? Were you expecting some kind of shoot promo or something like an insult fest? Jericho re-debut was fine, it got him over, he got a great pop, and Jericho made his points and that was his return and the fact he wanted to take the title off Orton so he can save the WWE.

And for the guys who are saying Jericho looked gay...really? Your honestly complaining about the way he looked? Think about that.

Welcome back, Jericho.

First time I've marked out for something on a wrestling show in years. That was fun.

About the only complaint I had (and it's a minor one) was JR and the King talking over the crowd reaction for Jericho's entrance, talking about what a historic moment and blah blah blah. Let the moment do the talking for you, idiots. If you have to tell us how great it is, then it probably isn't.

The new TitanTron video and pyro, by the way, were awesome. If that's what his entrance is going to be like every week, then giddy up.

Go, Jericho, go.

I cracked up at the "child bearing hips" remark, but, seriously, guys have to stop ripping on one another for losing size. Orton still looks good, but is significantly more slender from the time he won his first title, and I think it is due to him relaxing on the gas. This, naturally, alters his body structure and, in this case, makes Randy's hips look wide. This was a pretty HHHesque comment if you ask me.

He did look kinda gay, but Jericho often looks kinda gay. After all, this is the same guy who all in the span of one year had the "loser wears a dress" S&M-ish feud with Saturn, had the peculiar fat manservant who also wore a dress, had the strapping black manservant who wore damn near the same glittery vest as tonight (good eye, Diamonddust), traded Howard Finkel as a "bitch" to the Acolytes in a poker game, and engaged in a truly disturbing misogynistic feud with Chyna. It's not like the character is a rock-solid caricature of heterosexuality. I think the difference between him now and him in 1999 is that back then he was this bizarre flaming type of dude who thought he was a pussy-magnet rock star with all his goofy hair and clothes. New Jericho is much more sedate and Queer Eye looking with his short hair and buttoned-down vest, like he's less concerned with rockin' and much more comfortable with cockin'.

(insert obligatory Not That There's Anything Wrong With That line here)

I actually liked that he clotheslined the torch runner to start the segment, I expected it to be one of those "heel celebration ceremonies that go on for five days straight before a babyface busts up the party in the final thirty seconds" Austin Appreciation Nights sort of deals, but thankfully they spared us that pain. The only problem was the camera shot needed to be a little closer up and more vague so that we couldn't instantly tell who it was doing the clotheslining.

Guest DCH

That was one long yet awesome entrance. I can't wait for Jericho to get back to his wrestling attire. You know the giant black boots on top of matching glittery jacket and tights.

You dudes are fucking retarded. Jericho has always dressed this way. I guess having a normal haircut makes him look gay now? I don't know...

I had hopes the promo would be good. Even though Orton sucked last week in a debate that Shawn Michaels had to walk him through by the hand, he was being awesome tonight by being an asshole to King, Cody, and Holly. But I knew to be disappointed, because Randy just can't give anything to play off of. There was no hope in matching this with his original debut with The Rock.

I had hopes the promo would be good. Even though Orton sucked last week in a debate that Shawn Michaels had to walk him through by the hand, he was being awesome tonight by being an asshole to King, Cody, and Holly. But I knew to be disappointed, because Randy just can't give anything to play off of. There was no hope in matching this with his original debut with The Rock.

Is that what people are complaing about? That last night's re-debut didn't match up with the debut of Jericho in 99? Are you fucking kidding me? No wonder you people are dissapointed.

Gotta love how a guy can essentially wear the same, sparkly, clothes, but cut his long, blonde hair and look more gay in peoples eyes. Jericho has always had an over the top look about him, but I don't by the gay comments. Do you guys want him to have his vest wide open to expose his bare, baby oiled chest? Would that be less gay?

I enjoyed Jericho's return. Don't confuse his eccentric style with "gayness". His attire is usually alot more flamboyant than what he was wearing last night. I personally love his unique dress sense. I'm not saying I would wear his stuff, but it does suit him(I especially like the sparkly pink suite he used to wear). In regards to the promo itself, it was good, but you could tell that Chris didn't really have much to say to Orton. I'm going to enjoy the long-awaited Y2J ring-time.

What exactly was the point of the Finlay/Vince interaction, apart from reminding us Finlay's Irish. WWE seems to love random pointless segments.

I assume the point of the Finlay/Vince segment was to cause a little bit of friction from Vince and to sway Finlay a little bit more towards being a face/tweener

Really? In the single most important moment of the year for wrestling... you guys are going to bitch about a fucking vest? It's a fucking vest!

Totally lame.