TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Boxer

OAO 11/19 Raw Thread

I assume the point of the Finlay/Vince segment was to cause a little bit of friction from Vince and to sway Finlay a little bit more towards being a face/tweener

I thought at one point Vince was about to feed Finlay to Khali.

I missed the clothesline of the runner. The Jericho promo didn't blow me away but I still liked it. He shouldn't have waited so long before starting to talk. I was hoping Carlito might shoot on Hornswoggle. He'd never work in the WWE again and would get an asswhipping in the back but it would be a nice fuck you to Vince before he's gone.

Why would Carlito need to send a "fuck you" to Vince? Carlito's the one who sucks & is lazy. He brought on his own problems.

I really think you guys are overreacting to the "complainers". Personally, I don't care what Jericho's wearing, I just thought it was pretty amusing last night (plus, I wasn't a full-time wrestling fan when Jericho was running around in his WCW/early-WWF days in similar outfits). Half the people here who made the gay comments were probably just saying it in jest.

I really think you guys are overreacting to the "complainers". Personally, I don't care what Jericho's wearing, I just thought it was pretty amusing last night.. Half the people here who made the gay comments were probably just saying it in jest.

Then that means the other half were serious about it. And that's just as bad.

Really? In the single most important moment of the year for wrestling... you guys are going to bitch about a fucking vest? It's a fucking vest!

Well, I bet you Vince would say that Cena blowing out his pec was the most important part of the year (and I won't even mention Benoit). I really wonder if this was all supposed to originally be Jericho to "save us" from John Cena originally, and if it were, then this would have been ten times better. Either it would have been heel Jericho or it would have been a perfect time for Cena to go heel given the huge reaction Jericho would have received regardless in re-debuting. Does the whole "save us from Orton thing" even make sense; didn't the promos start while Cena was still champ?

Anyways the only thing that really detracted from the segment was them showing us it was Jericho (and Lawler even pretty much saying it) who clotheslined the runner (by the way, the expression on the runner's face while running was priceless) and the fact that Jericho waited like three minutes to talk after getting on stage...it was a little too long and went from anticipation to let's get on with it already. Orton had pretty good facial reactions during the whole segment though.

I think it's a testament to Jericho that he can go out there dressed like an 80's Hair Metal band member and still be awesome. Now the question is, what do they do with this? They have a strong start, they have the crowd excited for his return, now I'm hoping they don't pull something stupid and ruin everything they have going here.

The stupidity that surrounds this board sometimes is just too difficult to understand or even try to explain. I just cannot believe people are complaining about a fucking vest, or how Jericho looked gay because of his haircut or clothing, or how this debut didn't compare to his 1999 one.

This was an awesome segment. Jericho was great, and even Orton managed to look great with his expressions. Y2J clotheslining the runner was great. I'm more than happy that Jericho's back. Not disappointed at all on this re-debut. Welcome back, Y2J.

Really? In the single most important moment of the year for wrestling... you guys are going to bitch about a fucking vest? It's a fucking vest!

Well, I bet you Vince would say that Cena blowing out his pec was the most important part of the year (and I won't even mention Benoit). I really wonder if this was all supposed to originally be Jericho to "save us" from John Cena originally, and if it were, then this would have been ten times better. Either it would have been heel Jericho or it would have been a perfect time for Cena to go heel given the huge reaction Jericho would have received regardless in re-debuting. Does the whole "save us from Orton thing" even make sense; didn't the promos start while Cena was still champ?

Anyways the only thing that really detracted from the segment was them showing us it was Jericho (and Lawler even pretty much saying it) who clotheslined the runner (by the way, the expression on the runner's face while running was priceless) and the fact that Jericho waited like three minutes to talk after getting on stage...it was a little too long and went from anticipation to let's get on with it already. Orton had pretty good facial reactions during the whole segment though.

Benoit who? We're not supposed to talk about him!

And honestly... Jericho coming back > Cena getting hurt.

[Censored] who? We're not supposed to talk about [censored]!

And honestly... Jericho coming back > Cena getting hurt.

Fixed.

The question I have is this: Where do they go with this? Do they go right into a Jericho/Orton feud? I don't really think I would. It's too hyped at this point to waste on some lame PPV like Armageddon (perhaps a returning Flair could face Orton on that show, or just do a tag match). I would play it like this. Don't give it away right now, but also don't make it look like Orton is flat out avoiding Jericho. Being afraid of Jericho doesn't make any sense with Orton's current character...I mean why fear Jericho when Orton has taken out Michaels, Van Dam, etc.? Do a simple angle where Orton tells Jericho that if he wants a title shot he has to get in line, that he's been away for 2 years. Even have Jericho agree with him on that point, and then spend the next few months building it.

Then we get to the Rumble and either Jericho can win it or Orton can do something to screw him out of it. Either way it ends up with Jericho vs. Orton at WM. If only they can keep HHH and HBK away from all this.

The question I have is this: Where do they go with this? Do they go right into a Jericho/Orton feud? I don't really think I would. It's too hyped at this point to waste on some lame PPV like Armageddon (perhaps a returning Flair could face Orton on that show, or just do a tag match). I would play it like this. Don't give it away right now, but also don't make it look like Orton is flat out avoiding Jericho. Being afraid of Jericho doesn't make any sense with Orton's current character...I mean why fear Jericho when Orton has taken out Michaels, Van Dam, etc.? Do a simple angle where Orton tells Jericho that if he wants a title shot he has to get in line, that he's been away for 2 years. Even have Jericho agree with him on that point, and then spend the next few months building it.

Then we get to the Rumble and either Jericho can win it or Orton can do something to screw him out of it. Either way it ends up with Jericho vs. Orton at WM. If only they can keep HHH and HBK away from all this.

that's a huge if. i would love for jericho to get into the title picture, and maybe even win it. then have cena return and go heel to feud with a face jericho.

Y = 2nd to last letter

J = 9th letter

clever

Jericho took a trip to the 80's in his delorean..

But J is the 10th letter...that part of the code doesn't make ANY sense...though X is one letter ahead of Y, and the 9th letter (I) is one letter ahead of the 10th (J)...so X29 = Y2J using that reasoning.

I enjoyed the redebut. I was surprised that they kept a remixed version of his old theme song. I honestly believe that at this point, it's wrong to change his music.

Yeah, I was actually worried he'd have some terrible new song. Glad to hear the classic theme.

I was pretty disappointed with the segment overall but the thing that pissed me off the most was the initial camera work. The most awesome part of his 99 debut was "JERICHO" taking up the whole screen. You knew it was him, you knew it was coming, but it wasn't until you saw the name that you could exhale. This time, on top of blowing it by showing him beforehand, they couldn't even get the angle right and wound up showing "ERICH" from off to the side.

It's a small detail, they could never have duplicated the total perfection of 99, but the least they could have done is get the entrance right.

I'm with evilhomer on the lack of a huge 'Jericho'. I was a little underwhelmed, mostly I think because the crowd actually sounded flat. However, it's great to see him back.

The crowd sounded flat all night. I'm surprised they even bothered to pretend they were at a wrestling show long enough to pop for Jericho as loud as they did.

it's the only segment i saw from the whole show, and it was brilliant. the crowd sounded major hot, hotter than i've heard for a very long time.

As for Jericho looking gay, he's Jericho, he's a good looking cat, he can look as gay as he wants, he'll get no shortage of pussy. He looked fantastic (not bulky like he did in his title run) and i expect my girlfriend to start wanting to watch Raw now. bitch.

It's really embarrassing that the only adjective some people here have is gay and faggy. It's like being in the 6th grade again. People spent months and even a year clamoring for his return and he does return exactly as he always been but with shorter hair and it's a let down and you start throwing out "he looked gay" in a business that is rampant with homosexual overtones. It's mind boggling.

I'm glad he's back, short hair, long hair, pubic hair, no hair, I don't care - he's back. Raw seems a whole lot more interesting, the title scene seems a whole lot more interesting, infact, Raw finally seems to have some Charisma about it. I thought at one point he was going to called Randy Orton, Senator Roboto Orton, I would have marked out.

Say what you like, but there's really not alot of people on Raw at the moment who can liven up the show with the Mic and some Charismatic arm waving

I happened to like him working the crowd by pulling the cameramen with him. I haven't seen that in forever.

I'm all for Jericho having a lighter build. It will benefit his matches by not carrying around too much bulk. Besides. He's no smaller than Michaels.