TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bored

The College Football Thread 11/20 - 11/24

What the hell is it about the SEC on CBS this year? Seriously they need to release a boxset of these games in the offseason.

Halfway thru the 3rd quarter in the Oregon/UCLA game, five different quarterbacks for both teams have combined for 7 for 35 for 64 yards and 2 interceptions. Just brutal.

Yeah, this is ridiculous. I think that lineman actually could have run the kick back for a TD if he hadn't slowed down to try and lateral.

FSU/Florida might be at halftime by the time this game ends.

West Virginia has blown it open 45-14 on UConn so unless they shit the bed in the Backyard Brawl they are going to the BCS Championship Game.

They should just make the Bowl Championship game be the winner of the SEC versus the highest non-SEC team in the BCS, it's only fair. Some of the best games I've ever seen from that conference this year.

Fresno State is up 45-21 on Kansas State so unless there's a miracle comeback the Wildcats will fail to become bowl eligible. This will leave the Texas Bowl as an open bid and is good news for the likes of Purdue and New Mexico who may not have an available bid in conference.

UCLA puts Oregon out their misery. The Ducks have put on one of the worst displays of offense you'll ever see in major college football. Amazing to think that 10 days ago Oregon was projected to play for the BCS Championship and now could end up in the Emerald Bowl if certain scenarios play out in the final week of the season. Ya Dennis Dixon was pretty important.

Oh and UCLA can still get to the Rose Bowl if they beat USC and Arizona beats Arizona State. I might just stop watching college football if that happens.

Guest Vitamin X
Ya Dennis Dixon was pretty important.

You think?!

Dixon WAS the Ducks' O this year. And Oregon's defense wasn't that great to begin with, either, so all they had left was Jonathan Stewart. It's a shame we couldn't have seen a full-strength Oregon team against LSU this year, as I think that could've been a great game as well, although it wouldn't have made much difference with Arkansas winning last night.

This entire year should have its own boxset. I've never seen so many great football games in one season, and it helps especially with how depressing New England's march to the Super Bowl this year is over in the pros.

You know what's hilarious? I flat out turned off UK vs. Tennessee at the half when it was 24-7 (went to get food, then ate dinner). Figured it was just the old typical Vols stomping of UK, along with the vast majority of the other 22 in a row. Then I was watching ESPN just now and they said "Tennessee won today...in 4 OTs." I was like WTF? Doesn't really matter now that LSU lost though. I was hoping to see Georgia beat LSU, but since LSU already lost Tennessee might as well get their moment in the sun. And get stomped.

Speaking of getting stomped, I am highly amused that WVU is just assraping UConn beyond recognition today. Let's see you try a fake fair catch now, bitch!

Anyways, WVU is making a definite statement to all those doubters. 66-14 with 7:50 to play against a top 20 program? I just can't wait to see the name value OSU idiots try to argue against WVU.

I'm all for more competitive matchups, but Dawgs/Tech is a meaningless game and I'd rather see UConn get slammed than watch Stanford/Notre Dame. Those schools should be paying me for watching this drivel, Stanford's missed four field goals and has a concussed QB in the game while Notre Dame is still playing Jimmy "Why am I starting" Clausen.

I love how Tennessee is the chopped liver of the SEC. Georgia would give a better game even though we kicked the crap out of them. LSU will "stomp" us despite looking very average yesterday against a team Tennessee drilled(Arkansas).

Phil Fulmer should change his name to Rodney Dangerfield.

Actually, I bet Tennessee wins next week. That's going to be a huge letdown for LSU blowing their chance to play for a national title in the Superdome by losing to Arkansas. Watch LSU slip to the Cotton Bowl now when Georgia gets the BCS at-large bid and the Capital One Bowl takes Florida to play Illinois. That would actually be a pretty good game as we'd probably get the Mizzou/Kansas loser on the Big XII side.

The way this season's been, watch West Virginia lose to fuckin' Pitt next week.

I think that's beyond the realm of possibility even for this season. Pitt's a pretty terrible team, and they haven't gotten a road win yet this season. The only thing they might have going for them is that it's a rivalry game, but that's not going to be enough.

Anyways, WVU is making a definite statement to all those doubters. 66-14 with 7:50 to play against a top 20 program? I just can't wait to see the name value OSU idiots try to argue against WVU.

Umm that UConn was overrated to begin with? Not that I think Ohio State deserves it but to act like beating UConn who wasn't even on the radar until halfway through this season when people STILL thought they weren't legit is as credible as Ohio State beating a team like Michigan or Penn State is just ridiculous and pretty blatant OSU hating (but then again you DO hate Ohio State, don't you).

If Tebow doesn't win the Heisman after tonight's game, Every voter that doesn't vote for him needs to be fired. That guy is a beast.

I was watching the Sun Sports/FSN Florida post game and one of the guys said something interesting, The only reason why Tebow might not win the Heisman is the old school thinking of "Sophomores can't win the Heisman." That's bullcrap if true.

Also living where I do I'd have told you all year MU is better than KU..KU has played no one their schedule to this point has a combined record of 36-70.

Also living where I do I'd have told you all year MU is better than KU..KU has played no one their schedule to this point has a combined record of 36-70.

Even still, this is the best team Kansas has ever fielded.

I've been doing that for awhile now

Who's your college team, anyway